Alan Pardew

Mike

Training doesn't have the same intensity and pressure and it'll be interesting to see when the gloves are off and we at some point we are inevitably under the cosh if we stick with game plan or revert to type.

Well, let's hope the players can handle it.

Guest Dontooner

Watched the Bayern and Man City friendly yesterday, was surprised how Bayern played a different way so quickly with the introduction of Guardiola.

Reminds me how a good manager has a big say in the team performances.

We are very unfortunate because imo , the weakest link is in the Coaching staff and the Fraud manager.

I absolutely hate that word 'fraud' like. Fair enough, say you think Pardew isn't very good, but I don't see why it has to descend to personal insults like that. Find it really spiteful and distasteful.

:lol:  Where to even start with this man? As distasteful as him waiting in the wings for Hughton to be turfed out? As distasteful as blaming the atmosphere in the ground for the Reading result? He is a fraud. Front foot football ffs.

You take Pardew criticism far too personally Ian

Nah, I'm no longer bothered by it in any way other than it's not a good trait of our fans to be pillorying the bloke on a personal level when his failings are actually mainly, if not exclusively, to do with his ability.

Guest bimpy474

I absolutely hate that word 'fraud' like. Fair enough, say you think Pardew isn't very good, but I don't see why it has to descend to personal insults like that. Find it really spiteful and distasteful.

When Pardew says all my teams play "fast front foot football",  would the words 'fraud' 'liar' 'bullshitter' not apply to someone, who says such things. Yet what you see is completely different ?.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to restart it really!

:blush:

Probably shouldn't have lubed up your marmite motorway for old Alan then.  :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

Didn't we already have this 'fraud' discussion last May? :lol:

I missed that, was it good ? :lol:

Ha! Tell me about your selective amnesia!

Not selective, i just dont remember it tbh. I'm sure i must have stuck up the manager, surely ?.

Guest neesy111

I can see Ian's point about the term 'fraud' tbh, it's highly distasteful. I prefer 'charlatan' myself.

Snake or clown are my choices.

When Pardew says all my teams play "fast front foot football",  would the words 'fraud' 'liar' 'bullshitter' not apply to someone, who says such things. Yet what you see is completely different ?.

Would a fraud ever say things like, "I've been watching Spain like, and training with Mourinho at Chelsea in my time off, I've picked up a few nuggets..."

I'm still waiting to see what the fuck he learned from those thrilling escapades of his.

Pardew: Mike can’t afford to save us from another relegation

Speaking exclusively to Sports Direct News, Alan Pardew saluted Mike Ashley’s “bravery” in saving Newcastle United from the Championship, but also suggested that he may not be able to do it a second time should the club be relegated again.

He also revealed that without the handicap of European football in the coming season, though his first aim will be to avoid relegation, he will be ambitious and go for a top ten finish or possibly even higher. Though how he could aim higher than the top ten, he didn’t explain.

“I think realistically we should look to finish in the top ten and hopefully get ourselves in a position where we can attack higher than that” said the Silver Supremo, adding:

“When it gets to February we’ll have a clearer indication of where we’re going to be.”

Pardew then spoke of how it is relief from the pressures of European football, along with good players which has enabled him to aim so high after last season’s disappointing 16th:

“We’ve not got the pressure of the Europa League this season so you would expect us to have a high finish in the league because we have a good team and a lot of good players.”

Moving on to how it is imperative that the club avoid a second relegation after a near miss last season, Pardew then continued on how it was Mike Ashley’s “bravery” which saved the club from the second tier, though he omitted to mention the minor roles played by his prececessor, Chris Hughton, and the players themselves. Pardew explained:

“The bottom line for any Premier League club other than the top six is survival. You need to stay in the Premier League to make sure you secure the funding that pays for the squad and all the staff we carry.

“This club got relegated three years ago (it was actually four years ago – wt) and was in a bit of a mess but it was Mike’s bravery that got them back into the top division yet there was a huge financial cost. We can’t afford to do that so the first priority is staying in this league. Make no mistake about it.

Finally, he stressed the need to carefully manage the expectations of fans of a big club such as Newcastle, stressing that expecting a finish in the European places for a second season in a row was always unrealistic. On this he concluded:

“When you’re at a club as big as Newcastle you have to be careful with expectation. When we finished fifth last year [in 2012] with the Europa League as well people were predicting us to have a similar sort of finish. I don’t think that was ever realistic to be honest.”

Pardew: Mike can’t afford to save us from another relegation

Speaking exclusively to Sports Direct News, Alan Pardew saluted Mike Ashley’s “bravery” in saving Newcastle United from the Championship, but also suggested that he may not be able to do it a second time should the club be relegated again.

He also revealed that without the handicap of European football in the coming season, though his first aim will be to avoid relegation, he will be ambitious and go for a top ten finish or possibly even higher. Though how he could aim higher than the top ten, he didn’t explain.

“I think realistically we should look to finish in the top ten and hopefully get ourselves in a position where we can attack higher than that” said the Silver Supremo, adding:

“When it gets to February we’ll have a clearer indication of where we’re going to be.”

Pardew then spoke of how it is relief from the pressures of European football, along with good players which has enabled him to aim so high after last season’s disappointing 16th:

“We’ve not got the pressure of the Europa League this season so you would expect us to have a high finish in the league because we have a good team and a lot of good players.”

Moving on to how it is imperative that the club avoid a second relegation after a near miss last season, Pardew then continued on how it was Mike Ashley’s “bravery” which saved the club from the second tier, though he omitted to mention the minor roles played by his prececessor, Chris Hughton, and the players themselves. Pardew explained:

“The bottom line for any Premier League club other than the top six is survival. You need to stay in the Premier League to make sure you secure the funding that pays for the squad and all the staff we carry.

“This club got relegated three years ago (it was actually four years ago – wt) and was in a bit of a mess but it was Mike’s bravery that got them back into the top division yet there was a huge financial cost. We can’t afford to do that so the first priority is staying in this league. Make no mistake about it.

Finally, he stressed the need to carefully manage the expectations of fans of a big club such as Newcastle, stressing that expecting a finish in the European places for a second season in a row was always unrealistic. On this he concluded:

“When you’re at a club as big as Newcastle you have to be careful with expectation. When we finished fifth last year [in 2012] with the Europa League as well people were predicting us to have a similar sort of finish. I don’t think that was ever realistic to be honest.”

Nowt to do with Chris Hughton like.

Go and walk under a bus Pardew, you horrible inept brown-nosing cunt.

Guest bimpy474

That last line, he was the stupid wanker embarrassing himself talking about the CL places was he not. Odious cretin.

I was just about to post that, he did indeed say we were aiming at the Champions League. That whole thing again makes it sound like were Wigan or something. Why can't he just keep his mouth shut.