Alan Pardew

Mike

Not in the slightest bit arsed about what he does or doesn't "say" in interviews. I really could not give a f*ck. All managers talk utter crap in press interviews. One good season, one bad season - what happens next? I hope he gets a balanced squad to work with, he did not have that for a good chunk of last season. Remy coming in looks good, another striker, a decent defender and a winger (or two), and if we hang on to our best players he has to deliver or die imo.

Bit harsh.

Not in the slightest bit arsed about what he does or doesn't "say" in interviews. I really could not give a f*ck. All managers talk utter crap in press interviews. One good season, one bad season - what happens next? I hope he gets a balanced squad to work with, he did not have that for a good chunk of last season. Remy coming in looks good, another striker, a decent defender and a winger (or two), and if we hang on to our best players he has to deliver or die imo.

Bit harsh.

It would probably be the best way to achieve closure I think.

Yet more 'exclusive' comments given to Sports Direct News, this time about Cisse.

Well, not seen them anywhere else, so I suppose they are. Good quotes as well.

Talking exclusively to SportsDirect News, he said: “I didn’t think it would be fair for me to try and persuade him one way or the other because it was a decision that was based on his faith.

“There are contracts in place for the football club and the player so it was a delicate situation that had to be handled not just by lawyers but also religious leaders and the PFA to make sure that we did this in the correct manner.

“All I did was offer him my support with whatever decision he made.

“I think the club handled the situation very well. I think Papiss and his representatives handled it well. We’ve overcome the issue and that benefits the football club because he is a great player.”

:thup:

Nice to read, for all his faults I do think Pardew has been good with our players on a personal level.

I agree. I think he's clueless as a manager, but credit where it's due, his man-management has been good. The players all seem to like him, which is something I suppose.

Nice to read, for all his faults I do think Pardew has been good with our players on a personal level.

Agreed. Even when him and Colo did have the falling out, they worked things out then still managed to come to a positive solution regarding his personal issue and now he's staying for another year. A manager with poor man-management skills could have easily let that situation spiral out of control the moment they had the first disagreement.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew cant be faulted really with the players on a personal level, in fact he deserves praise in this regard. I think in his treatment and comments about Routledge were wrong, but that's its really.

Yep, it seems that way. It's not unusual in the slightest for players leaving a club or not playing to slag off a manager but I can't remember that happening much so far, if at all. There also doesn't seem to be anyone clamouring for the exit door as some feared could happen.

It'll be a different story if last season is repeated though I suspect.

Said it before this game, just putting 11 good players together is only half the job. You have to be able to mould a team and that's where this twat is is not going to know where to start.

Guest bimpy474

Our squad with Remy added is crying out for 4-3-3, it's unbelievable that he can't or wont see it. He's an absolute idiot. Tiote ahead of Anita, Jonas ahead of Gouffran and Marv. Sissoko on the wing.

All this in pre season and we are still hoping he's learnt from last season. What a joke of a manager.

5-10 games and the Joebliivion awaits

I'm not that averse to it tbh, I don't see what Pardew's got going for him that makes him such a better option.  If Kinnear develops some social skills then give it a whirl.

Is that a genuine comment? Is that how bad it's got? :laugh:

I find the idea of Kinnear as manager absolutely nauseating, whether Pardew's shite or not.

I'm not that averse to it tbh, I don't see what Pardew's got going for him that makes him such a better option.  If Kinnear develops some social skills then give it a whirl.

There's optimism and there's madness  :lol:

I find the idea of Kinnear as manager absolutely nauseating, whether Pardew's shite or not.

I find the current wanker absolutely nauseating, maybe we'll luck out and Kinnear will have health issues when manager then we somehow chance on a proper manager.

Fuck knas, they're all wankers.

I find the current wanker absolutely nauseating, maybe we'll luck out and Kinnear will have health issues when manager then we somehow chance on a proper manager.

Fuck knas, they're all wankers.

Kinnear's on another level to Pardew for me. The fact that he's even become associated with the club again - after what was the most embarrassing performance I've, personally, ever known from a member of the club last time - has forced me to abandon the club entirely on a financial level, to the extent of not even going to Harper's friendly cos there's a booking fee which goes straight to the club. That might sound OTT but I don't give a fuck. I can't believe that geriatric spanner is here again. Even if he doesn't have such a damaging effect this time round.

I think Pardew's a shite manager but at least I don't mind him as a bloke. I appreciate that's probably an unpopular opinion.