Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest icemanblue

I'm sure that's been very paraphrased, but it's a common theme at St James when the pressure is on. Any attempted pass that results in a turnover of possession is met with something between audible sighs of exasperation and uncontrollable howls of derision. We tend to get a bit bipolar if things aren't going our way.

f***ing w***** blaming home fans for s*** recent results on Radio Newcastle!

?

Paraphrasing but said "pass was played after 15 minutes which Brendan Rogers said was really good pass but crowd booed it. So maybe we're better off playing away from home. I'm sure we'll get the support from our away fans"

Yeah because our away form is tremendous. Players have thrived on the away support given. Stupid kernt.

I'm sure that's been very paraphrased, but it's a common theme at St James when the pressure is on. Any attempted pass that results in a turnover of possession is met with something between audible sighs of exasperation and uncontrollable howls of derision. We tend to get a bit bipolar if things aren't going our way.

How about that :lol:

No more so than any other set of fans.

3 or 4 people (including players) said there was unrest in the club. Has text conversations/shorthand notes with/from them. Important to get the story out. Employers saying there are problems.

Will continue to cover Newcastle anyway.

Nothing groundbreaking.

I found it interesting how sure he was of his sources. For those who didn't hear it, he said he had the texts saved and had kept his shorthand notes etc, and that the 3-4 people were currently employed by NUFC. Also that some players had questioned Pardew's tactics - not sure if the article mentioned that. He's not exactly going to say he made it all up, but it sounded legit.

Sounds pretty fishy tbh. Someone somewhere along the line feels there's a definite problem.

This is elephant in the room stuff. The French contingent want to PLAY FOOTBALL.

3 or 4 people (including players) said there was unrest in the club. Has text conversations/shorthand notes with/from them. Important to get the story out. Employers saying there are problems.

Nothing groundbreaking.

I found it interesting how sure he was of his sources. For those who didn't hear it, he said he had the texts saved and had kept his shorthand notes etc, and that the 3-4 people were currently employed by NUFC. Also that some players had questioned Pardew's tactics - not sure if the article mentioned that. He's not exactly going to say he made it all up, but it sounded legit.

Sounds pretty fishy tbh. Someone somewhere along the line feels there's a definite problem.

This is elephant in the room stuff. The French contingent want to PLAY FOOTBALL.

Yep. Some of our best players, most of whom are in our first eleven, been promised attacking fluent football. Of course they're gonna question the fraud in charge and his actual "tactics". It's got nothing to do with not having heart for it.

http://i.imgur.com/blkUkSH.png

Trying way too hard now.

:facepalm:

I've just cringed myself in to the middle of next week. Keep it coming Ryder i might be able to bypass the rest of the season.

The Edwards/Club thing is interesting. I doubt the club would have gone with such an offensive strategy if they weren't confident in the team spirit. There's denying it and then there's doing this. Plus, it's an awfully quick amount of time for the team spirit to suddenly dissipate, considering the scenes against Fulham. But even if players have been complaining about the manager this year, I still don't see how it's a problem.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the club have leaked the split on purpose so they could respond strongly and create some sort of siege mentality :lol: Although that's more me just hoping there's not one iota of truth in these rumours.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130502/pardew-were-pulling-together_2281670_3164883

"I haven't even looked at the run-ins of the other clubs because it's very, very important that you focus on yourself"

Well this would make sense if it wasn't for the fact all he ever focuses on is the opposition, much to the detriment of our attacking play. I know he's talking about fixtures but why can't he adopt this attitude to our play, instead of just trying to stop whoever we are playing.

"Some of the wildfire that we've had has just been way, way off the mark."

Wtf are you on about?. The cunt can't even speak English, so no surprise there are communication problems.

He does talk shite, at least he's good at that :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

I assure you it hasn't been.

Nothing groundbreaking.

no, not the french contingent,

they all want to play football,

apart from one guy.

The Edwards/Club thing is interesting. I doubt the club would have gone with such an offensive strategy if they weren't confident in the team spirit. There's denying it and then there's doing this. Plus, it's an awfully quick amount of time for the team spirit to suddenly dissipate, considering the scenes against Fulham. But even if players have been complaining about the manager this year, I still don't see how it's a problem.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the club have leaked the split on purpose so they could respond strongly and create some sort of siege mentality :lol: Although that's more me just hoping there's not one iota of truth in these rumours.

To be honest you would expect there to be a few ructions when you play two home games and cumulatively get stuffed 0-9. I would be pretty disappointed if there wasn't some "tension" amongst the squad  :lol: Also would fully expect the players to have something to say to the manager regarding tactics, they were on the pitch and were closer to that shytefest than anyone else at the club. It would reveal a far greater problem if everyone just said "see you Monday"  (or in most cases "au revoir, a Lundi") and legged it home after being done 0-6 at home by the rats.

Guest icemanblue

I've absolutely no doubt that there are 'issues' in the squad at the moment. In fact, considering the year we've had, and the calibre of player in the squad, I'd be pretty disappointed if everything was rosy. The issue with Edwards article, in my opinion, is that he's over egged it and added a 'lazy foreigner' angle. Simply with the aim of making it a more shocking, or sensational, article. That's what the club have taken issue with, and why that angle seems to have been glossed over during his subsequent moment in the spotlight. Also, the offer to 'rewrite' the article was probably with the intention of toning down this aspect.

The reason I think it's been over egged is that we simply haven't heard a squeak out of any of our players. Not so much the domestic lads, but the international contingent. How many times have we seen past foreign players giving interviews to the press in their homeland, bemoaning whatever situation was prevalent at the time? Then the club/manager/player trotting out the 'lost in translation' lines. That hasn't happened. Not a peep. I don't for one minute think that their press wouldn't be keen to talk to them, especially our French contingent given the coverage we've had over there, so why haven't they been queuing up to get their digs in?

so why haven't they been queuing up to get their digs in?

Even if something is wrong in the dressing room we'd certainly not hear about it from the players in the Chronicle. Players hardly ever criticise their manager or team mates in public.

f***ing w***** blaming home fans for s*** recent results on Radio Newcastle!

?

Paraphrasing but said "pass was played after 15 minutes which Brendan Rogers said was really good pass but crowd booed it. So maybe we're better off playing away from home. I'm sure we'll get the support from our away fans"

Rodgers clearly trolling."Cracking ball there Jonas ok....straight into the path of Coutinho ok. Didn't even have to break stride ok." :lol:

no fucking way anyone booed a pass after 15mins - making it up

I've absolutely no doubt that there are 'issues' in the squad at the moment. In fact, considering the year we've had, and the calibre of player in the squad, I'd be pretty disappointed if everything was rosy. The issue with Edwards article, in my opinion, is that he's over egged it and added a 'lazy foreigner' angle. Simply with the aim of making it a more shocking, or sensational, article. That's what the club have taken issue with, and why that angle seems to have been glossed over during his subsequent moment in the spotlight. Also, the offer to 'rewrite' the article was probably with the intention of toning down this aspect.

The reason I think it's been over egged is that we simply haven't heard a squeak out of any of our players. Not so much the domestic lads, but the international contingent. How many times have we seen past foreign players giving interviews to the press in their homeland, bemoaning whatever situation was prevalent at the time? Then the club/manager/player trotting out the 'lost in translation' lines. That hasn't happened. Not a peep. I don't for one minute think that their press wouldn't be keen to talk to them, especially our French contingent given the coverage we've had over there, so why haven't they been queuing up to get their digs in?

:thup:

This whole thing will be worth while if it winds the players up for West Ham.

They need a kick up the arse, regardless of Pardews mis-managment.

Guest icemanblue

Even if something is wrong in the dressing room we'd certainly not hear about it from the players in the Chronicle. Players hardly ever criticise their manager or team mates in public.

Eh? Did you only read that line, like? I wasn't on about the Chronicle.

I'd argue that the last sentence is massively inaccurate as well. It happens quite a bit when players give interviews to their native press.

I think that's fair enough. My view is that the players clearly are getting frustrated with the formations and tactics but are basically decent pros for the most part and aren't looking to rock the boat. So while they'll attempt to play Pardew's brand of football they don't have much belief in it, and that would be the reason for the half-hearted attitude when things start going wrong.

Eh? Did you only read that line, like? I wasn't on about the Chronicle.

I'd argue that the last sentence is massively inaccurate as well. It happens quite a bit when players give interviews to their native press.

If it happens "quite a bit" you'll be able to provide quite a few examples? The more recent the better obviously.