Alan Pardew

Mike

If he doesn't go out and try to boost our goal difference then the guy needs fucking shooting in all honesty.

I don't even believe he'll let the team attack for the whole 90 minutes, let alone start trying to get risky, extra goals if we go up.

Guest icemanblue

His hands are tied my arse. Another piss poor excuse. For fuck sake.

If that's aimed at me, I meant the players... who visibly ran out of ideas on Saturday when HBA/Gouffran went off and Cisse was relocated to the win.

I don't think Pardew's hands are tied whatsoever, he's had a good enough squad this season to have us in the top half without many issues.

Not aimed at anyone mate, especially not you, you little pitbull :lol:, just my opinion.

As i said tied my arse.

:lol: No, I just meant because I'd just used the phrase "hands are tied" in my post just now (meaning the players) and didn't want to be misunderstood.

I just hope we can put a good side out on Sunday and largely stick to it, I don't care if Ben Arfa's keeling over by the end we need him on the pitch on the off-chance he can produce something.  Our dynamism and creativity is non-existent without players such as him, Gouff and Marv on the pitch.

I know what you mean, i just hope the twat leaves our match winners on.

The hands tied thing, i'm sure i saw it earlier, someone reckoned his hands were tied, which i think is utter bollocks and it was your post which jogged my memory.

That was me, Bimpy, and they are. This game is entirely different to any that have come before. I don't give a shit about how much you hate him, or for how long he's had you crying. He knows this. Our players know this. We will try to win this game, and I'll go into it believing that we can.

Yes, he'll try to win it but he'll try to win it like he tries to win every game - by keeping it tight as much as possible and hoping to nick a goal. If we get one, he'll send on defensive midfielders and back off to defend 1-0.

He'll try to win but he won't change his approach.

I agree, despite it not working for so many of the last how ever many games.

A novel approach would be to attack moderately from the off and follow a first goal scored by trying to get a second, then a third, etc.  The ultra-cautious approach isn't working and we need to steer clear of it.

The stakes have never been this high, all season. That's why I think we'll try at least a slightly more pragmatic approach. It's my opinion, I'm not saying its fact.

Guest neesy111

That was me, Bimpy, and they are. This game is entirely different to any that have come before. I don't give a s*** about how much you hate him, or for how long he's had you crying. He knows this. Our players know this. We will try to win this game, and I'll go into it believing that we can.

You have far too much faith in Pardew, he could easily think a draw was good enough and try to play safe.

I don't have any faith in him, man. This game is so different to anything that's come before. Only one outcome will give us a real chance of staying up. It's fine if you don't agree, we'll just have to wait and see.

The players need to start doing it as well.  Not just down to Pardew.

Inochi's got a point, if there's one game that SHOULD see a change in mentality, it's this one because the circumstance has changed. Whether we will see any difference is another matter, I think we might but that may just be blind hope. I'm just trying to be positive but I understand why people are so worried.

That was me, Bimpy, and they are. This game is entirely different to any that have come before. I don't give a s*** about how much you hate him, or for how long he's had you crying. He knows this. Our players know this. We will try to win this game, and I'll go into it believing that we can.

You have far too much faith in Pardew, he could easily think a draw was good enough and try to play safe.

I don't have any faith in him, man. This game is so different to anything that's come before. Only one outcome will give us a real chance of staying up. It's fine if you don't agree, we'll just have to wait and see.

You've just said "We will try to win this game" and I don't think that's a given.

Inochi's got a point, if there's one game that SHOULD see a change in mentality, it's this one because the circumstance has changed. Whether we will see any difference is another matter, I think we might but that may just be blind hope. I'm just trying to be positive but I understand why people are so worried.

Course, that's all I think as well. I'm not confident we'll pull it off (how could I be) but I'm sure Pardew knows a win is absolutely essential.

If that's aimed at me, I meant the players... who visibly ran out of ideas on Saturday when HBA/Gouffran went off and Cisse was relocated to the win.

I don't think Pardew's hands are tied whatsoever, he's had a good enough squad this season to have us in the top half without many issues.

Not aimed at anyone mate, especially not you, you little pitbull :lol:, just my opinion.

As i said tied my arse.

:lol: No, I just meant because I'd just used the phrase "hands are tied" in my post just now (meaning the players) and didn't want to be misunderstood.

I just hope we can put a good side out on Sunday and largely stick to it, I don't care if Ben Arfa's keeling over by the end we need him on the pitch on the off-chance he can produce something.  Our dynamism and creativity is non-existent without players such as him, Gouff and Marv on the pitch.

The hands tied thing, i'm sure i saw it earlier, someone reckoned his hands were tied, which i think is utter bollocks and it was your post which jogged my memory.

That was me, Bimpy, and they are. This game is entirely different to any that have come before. I don't give a shit about how much you hate him, or for how long he's had you crying. He knows this. Our players know this. We will try to win this game, and I'll go into it believing that we can.

In what way are/were his hands tied, sorry?

Bit in bold's another one to add to the exceptionally bad patter list.  People still getting mocked for their concern at this stage. :lol:

:lol: There's concern, which I and other people have, then there's a constant stream of 'woe is me, we're down, 10, the manager is a cunt, BUT we might stay up if we beat QPR' piss that he's coming out with. It's just annoying and embarrassing to have to read.

Reasons are in my post. The game is entirely different to any that have come before, against an already relegated team. We will try to win it.

I'm not sure I understand how that means his hands are tied tbh, hence why I asked what you were on about.  You mean his hands are tied as in he has to try to win the game?  Well fuck me, what insight, that sort of stuff's golden to read compared to the "woe is me" stuff as you put it.

Honestly, backs to the wall and you're still pointing and laughing, whereas I think others are trying to be more constructive on the whole than you're making out.

Course, that's all I think as well. I'm not confident we'll pull it off (how could I be) but I'm sure Pardew knows a win is absolutely essential.

Does that matter though? He's not going to change how he approaches a game.

As i said tied my arse.

Yes, he'll try to win it but he'll try to win it like he tries to win every game - by keeping it tight as much as possible and hoping to nick a goal. If we get one, he'll send on defensive midfielders and back off to defend 1-0.

A novel approach would be to attack moderately from the off and follow a first goal scored by trying to get a second, then a third, etc.  The ultra-cautious approach isn't working and we need to steer clear of it.

Just so annoying. If we survive I'm convinced Pardew will be gone and we can rebuild and have a much better season. If we're relegated that's the club done as a top flight team for a long, long time. Can't see how we'd rebuild the team significantly to compete in the Championship. Especially with Ashley in charge.

I honestly think we are in a better position now than when we were the last time we went down.

Well we'll see. He won't become a different manager overnight, but he knows his aim clearly and so I think he'll at least go out and let his better players try to win it for him.

Guest icemanblue

As i said tied my arse.

Bit in bold's another one to add to the exceptionally bad patter list.  People still getting mocked for their concern at this stage. :lol:

:lol: There's concern, which I and other people have, then there's a constant stream of 'woe is me, we're down, 10, the manager is a cunt, BUT we might stay up if we beat QPR' piss that he's coming out with. It's just annoying and embarrassing to have to read.

Reasons are in my post. The game is entirely different to any that have come before, against an already relegated team. We will try to win it.

I take exception to this you arrogant prat.

I have stated for the last few months, countless reasons, the poor football, the poor selections, the poor subs, but for me it was always the poor football, the hoof ball shite.

And who is it who termed the phrase "set penis". Tell me, was i wrong about them too ?.

No idea why you're bringing all of that up, like. I'm talking about the last couple of weeks, hence the QPR stuff. You're not some all seeing sage, man. Aye, you were the very first person to realise our set pieces were shit and came up with some natty patter that people adopted. That alone should stem the flow of tears.

I don't disagree, we should, I just don't see a negative manager changing but we'll see.

As i said tied my arse.

Just so annoying. If we survive I'm convinced Pardew will be gone and we can rebuild and have a much better season. If we're relegated that's the club done as a top flight team for a long, long time. Can't see how we'd rebuild the team significantly to compete in the Championship. Especially with Ashley in charge.

I honestly think we are in a better position now than when we were the last time we went down.

We have a much better squad, the only think that would make it more painful is that last time we had a load of players that we actively wanted/needed to get rid of. This time we would lose players we all rate highly.

Well we'll see. He won't become a different manager overnight, but he knows his aim clearly and so I think he'll at least go out and let his better players try to win it for him.

I fully expect Ben Arfa and Gouffran to be subbed on the 65th/70th minute for defensive players when we still need a goal.

As i said tied my arse.

I take exception to this you arrogant prat.

I have stated for the last few months, countless reasons, the poor football, the poor selections, the poor subs, but for me it was always the poor football, the hoof ball shite.

And who is it who termed the phrase "set penis". Tell me, was i wrong about them too ?.

No idea why you're bringing all of that up, like. I'm talking about the last couple of weeks, hence the QPR stuff. You're not some all seeing sage, man. Aye, you were the very first person to realise our set pieces were shit and came up with some natty patter that people adopted. That alone should stem the flow of tears.

Mannnn.  You're just unreal.  Totally ignoring this now.  No more insults, no more replies.