Alan Pardew

Mike

All this at the same time Rafa Benitez has asked his agent to get him a job in England for next year as he's desperate to stay.

Could be a massive missed opportunity.

Cant take it if he stays, im already waiting for the season after the next one...

Fucking torture just looking at him, never mind the football or whatever

it is we have to watch. Never hated a human being like i hate him.

In less than a year and a half Graeme Souness spent £50m taking us from a team that finished top 5 3 years on the bounce to a team that finished lower than we currently sit.

In a little over 2 years Pardew's taken a newly promoted team to the Europa league quarter finals on about half as much money.

...but you hate the latter more?

He took over a team in mid-table.

13th...where we are now.

So then, if Hughton got sack for being in 13th so shouldn't Pardew?

No.  I was aghast that Hughton was sacked.  As were the majority of Newcastle fans.

Entirely pointless exercise to replace one mediocre man on a limited budget with another.

Only reason it was done with Hughton was that he was coming up to a contract renewal and  was entitled to ask for double the wage after the job he'd done.  Pardew was cheaper.

All this at the same time Rafa Benitez has asked his agent to get him a job in England for next year as he's desperate to stay.

Could be a massive missed opportunity.

It's typical of this club to never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Guest Howaythetoon

People pointing to Hughton getting sacked forget he wasn't sacked because of results or performances. He was sacked because he was too pally with the players and stood up for them in disputes and other issues. The club were wanting to get rid of the likes of Barton, Nolan and also intended to cash in on Carroll, all decisions Hughton wasn't happy with.

Remember too that Hughton had a key say on player recruitment back then, unlike today's manager. Carr only really become head of all that when Pardew was appointed. With his sacking the club were clearly restructuring, hence his sacking.

The club don't need to restructure. Pardew is a perfect fit for them. They will buy into his injuries, inexperienced players, too many games waffle and as Llambias says, after finishing 5th, he's earned the right (in their eyes) to have a bad season.

In many ways, reaching the QF of the Europa League, beating QPR in a do or die game and staying up might even be classed as a sign that he has what it takes when the going gets tough, when the pressure is on, a sign that they should stick with him and that he is indeed the man. He's going nowhere.

Not for now anyway. Ashley will give him the first 10 or so games of next season.

Guest Dontooner

Fuck off............might stay away from football in 2013/2014 till this mug gets the sack

just hope that ashley has a few football-savvy mates that he listens to. otherwise pards is gonna give him his usual guff about injuries/europa/refs etc and convince him he's still the man.

This 'we didn't strengthen' doesn't hold any sway with me at all.

We finished 5th with a group of players who all stayed at the club. The following season, because we didn't add more players to the squad, we're relegation fodder. Bollocks!

We may have overachieved last season but there is no reason the same group of players should have been hovering around the relegation places all of this season.  Fair enough, the effect the lack of signings might have had on team moral could be a factor but not that much.

Injuries - OK I accept that they have played their part but whose fault is it that the players who stepped in didn't step up?

Seemingley Pardew is saying is we don't have our full first team out there every game, we can't expect to win. Not good enough - find a way to win, that's your fucking job you bell.

Get rid! We have an opportunity to snap up a top class manager with Premier League experience and a very successful track record.  If they ignore it in favour of sticking with the current phoney it could well come back to bite them.....and us.   

I think it's informative to compare this season with the one following promotion, rather than last season's expectation stripping run.  Think that's a more realistic view of progress.

With a game left we could still get to within 2 points of that year's points tally (46).  We only won 6 home games that year but  we've won 9 this season.  We scored a paltry 15 goals on the road that season losing 9 games...compared to the 10 we lost this year with our awful away form.

That season didn't see calls for Hughton's head...or for Pardew's.  He's been the victim of his own success.  In the meantime we've sold our best striker each season and continue to run a transfer profit for the period.  we played 4 cup games that year compared with 16 this year. 

Ashley doesn't care about performances, he cares about premier league status.  For all the people that want Martinez...Wigan are going to be relegated.  Ashley has no interest in seeing an entertaining relegation.

Guest bimpy474

Tell you this, it's bloody hard to keep my two boys interested in supporting us, when they keep getting the piss ripped out of them by their Friends who support the Spuds, Arse, Chelsea and Manure.

I'll be on to threats of kicking them out because of this twat.

Guest neesy111

We finished 5th with a group of players who all stayed at the club. 

Ba?

Who will finish our top league goalscorer.

Ba?

You don't really appear to be up to date with goings on at the club. Ba left halfway through the season and we strengthened the squad during that period with 5 new players.

Guest bimpy474

Being ever so slightly kinder to Pardew, getting Carroll in would makes us better, if only because of his hold up play.

Dreamy tactics ahoy :(

Ba?

You don't really appear to be up to date with goings on at the club. Ba left halfway through the season and we strengthened the squad during that period with 5 new players.

You can say that we strengthened once the likes of Chelsea are pursuing Gouffran.

No.  I was aghast that Hughton was sacked.  As were the majority of Newcastle fans.

Entirely pointless exercise to replace one mediocre man on a limited budget with another.

Only reason it was done with Hughton was that he was coming up to a contract renewal and  was entitled to ask for double the wage after the job he'd done.  Pardew was cheaper.

That doesn't make any sense at all in the bigger picture; a manager's salary is absolute peanuts compared to the playing staff, and he's arguably the most important person on the team.

Ba?

Ba left halfway through the season when we were already cemented in the bottom half of the table. His departure wasn't the catalyst for the this season's failure - we were already well on the way.

Guest bimpy474

Ba?

You can say that we strengthened once the likes of Chelsea are pursuing Gouffran.

:lol:

Ba?

No, I can say we strengthened when we brought in 5 new players including the widely applauded Sissoko.

Guest bimpy474

Fuck me, we had a shite season because of one thing. The football, we are terrible, a terrible football team who play awful football, and that is down to Pardew. And the obvious reason why nearly all of us want him sacked.