Alan Pardew

Mike

Was hoping Ashley seeing Dave Whelan parading around with a cup would have made something click, considering what a petty man Mike is.

He might have noticed the two managers leaving at Goodison and Old Trafford and thought giving someone time might work.

Alex Ferguson's retirement was really ill timed.

All the harping on about how much time he was given after a tough start, and then the Moyes 6 year deal, and all the talk of him being shown that he will be given time to settle into the job, has been so inconvenient for us.

You just know it's had an effect on MA's thinking, if only because I have no doubt Pardew himself would have used it as a means to beg for more time, the sneaky rodent that he is.

So annoying.

think llambias should just come out with a statement as to whether pards is staying or going.

if he's staying, we'll have no choice but to give him the benefit of the doubt and back him unless the results prove otherwise.

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't begrudge him another chance to turn things around after this season. I think all in all he's done a decent job and don't feel the need to instantly sack managers once things turn sour.

Things turned sour from the very start of this season and have gotten worse. It's like Alan Partridge being given a second season. Except no one's laughing.

I wouldn't begrudge him another chance to turn things around after this season. I think all in all he's done a decent job and don't feel the need to instantly sack managers once things turn sour.

Based on results and issues out of his control, maybe? Based on performances, tactics, substitutions, team ethos, etc... Not a fucking chance!

surprised no one picked up on this little gem from pards over the weekend:

"We've had no luck with referees this season yet Wigan get away with murder in the cup final. Their winner came from a corner and one of their own players diverted the ball  directly into the net with their head without a City player touching it. It was right in front of the linesman and the ref, yet they both gave the goal. I would be gutted if i was mancini, he's probably lost his job because of that decision."

Things turned sour from the very start of this season and have gotten worse. It's like Alan Partridge being given a second season. Except no one's laughing.

'Hull have 7 points, I've got two'

People are perfectly entitled to their opinion but it'd be nice to hear some reasoning behind why next season would be more like last and less like this. Other than pure chance of course.

He'll be here next season, a. they won't want to get rid because the the stability key factor b. it will cost Ashley a significant amount of money due to his very large contract. I for one will back him if he is here next season, to be honest I'm just chuffed that we'll be playing premiership football. One thing for sure a lot of things need to improve as this season has been dire.

People are perfectly entitled to their opinion but it'd be nice to hear some reasoning behind why next season would be more like last and less like this. Other than pure chance of course.

A fully fit Krul & HBA is worth about 10 points a season alone imo. If he's lucky and they stay fit I'd imagine we'll stumble to around 50 points. Plus I reckon Cisse will get an extra half dozen goals.

Nothing of Pardew's doing but players alone will get us around the upper mid-table mark.