Alan Pardew

Mike

I've lost patience with Pardew's negative tactics but we should accept that the good managers we want probably won't come here and work under Ashley. The manager clearly needs some say in transfers because players should be signed to complement each other and fit into a tactical plan. Not just signed randomly on an individual basis because they offer good value, which appears to be our current policy.

Pardew probably looks at his long contract and thinks he's got nothing to lose - if he gets sacked he will enjoy a major payoff a la Souness.

Guest Dontooner

The Daily Star article indicates that Pardew wants a bit more flexibility in the transfer policy. The expectation was that investing in youth would cover the gaps in the squad that arise when established first team members are injured or need resting. Trouble is, the general level of the Premiership now makes it difficult for young players to move straight from the reserves without seriously weakening the first team's results. Perhaps Pardew could have been a bit more patient with one or two of our youngsters, but it's a problem that affects most Premiership clubs now. They may now be looking for experienced players to fill out the squad and allow the youngsters to go out on loan to gain experience.

What's more, I don't think we should be rigid about not taking on loan signings. Rose at Sunderland and Townsend at QPR show how they can work well.

But get used to it, people, Pardew won't be sacked. It would make Ashley and Llambias look pretty stupid if they got rid of him so soon after all the talk of sticking with a manager through good times and bad. If it's a consolation, Pardew may therefore now be in a good position to ask for the flexibility in transfers that's needed.

Ashley and Liambias tbh are pretty stupid when it comes to football..........

Was seriously hoping they sack him , so they wont be seen as mugs.........but shame....

Guest icemanblue

This place is going to be very quiet next season if he does stay. Lots of people not watching/going to games.

It´s just so, so sad to everyday come in here and read that Pardew will get more time. I don´t know what to do anymore.

It´s just a so sad, sad time to be a NUFC supporter right now :'(

Give over, man.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/0/0e/Morrissey-crying.gif

:lol: Some of the stuff that gets written, man. Is this place going to be a cataclysm of faux-depression all summer?

It's not like supporting Newcastle has ever been anything other than a rollercoaster of unmitigated pain. If you can't be bothered to scramble for stream on a Saturday in your Oslo bedsit, life will go on.

:D  :D  and  :D

This place is going to be very quiet next season if he does stay. Lots of people not watching/going to games.

Nah, everyone will still be watching, and coming on here for a good moan about our new relegation fight.  Can't wait. :anguish:

Guest icemanblue

It´s just so, so sad to everyday come in here and read that Pardew will get more time. I don´t know what to do anymore.

It´s just a so sad, sad time to be a NUFC supporter right now :'(

Give over, man.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/0/0e/Morrissey-crying.gif

:lol: Some of the stuff that gets written, man. Is this place going to be a cataclysm of faux-depression all summer?

It's not like supporting Newcastle has ever been anything other than a rollercoaster of unmitigated pain. If you can't be bothered to scramble for stream on a Saturday in your Oslo bedsit, life will go on.

:lol: You're a brave man.

Guest icemanblue

Nah, everyone will still be watching, and coming on here for a good moan about our new relegation fight.  Can't wait. :anguish:

Yeah. That's kind of what I was saying.

I get that most people use football as their escape from the mundane realities of everyday life (the wife, the job, the kids, the realisation that they're now in their thirties and still not headed in any meaningful direction in life, etc.) but when the escapism you crave isn't provided for you by the team you've chosen to support (often the case for many on here) then why not reduce some of the emotional capital you're investing into something that is providing you with negative returns and find something else to take your mind off the those mundane realities? Golf, fishing, reading, cinema, knitting?

Alternatively, you could continue to participate in the N-O game of melodramatic one-upmanship.

The Daily Star article indicates that Pardew wants a bit more flexibility in the transfer policy. The expectation was that investing in youth would cover the gaps in the squad that arise when established first team members are injured or need resting. Trouble is, the general level of the Premiership now makes it difficult for young players to move straight from the reserves without seriously weakening the first team's results. Perhaps Pardew could have been a bit more patient with one or two of our youngsters, but it's a problem that affects most Premiership clubs now. They may now be looking for experienced players to fill out the squad and allow the youngsters to go out on loan to gain experience.

What's more, I don't think we should be rigid about not taking on loan signings. Rose at Sunderland and Townsend at QPR show how they can work well.

But get used to it, people, Pardew won't be sacked. It would make Ashley and Llambias look pretty stupid if they got rid of him so soon after all the talk of sticking with a manager through good times and bad. If it's a consolation, Pardew may therefore now be in a good position to ask for the flexibility in transfers that's needed.

You only have to look at Aston Villa as an example! Their first team this season has been littered with youth. They will most likely survive by the skin of their teeth as it turns out. But Lambert sets them out to play a clear and defined brand of football. It may have taken them half a season to start getting results, but it shows that youngsters can do the job if the football is structured.

Villa surviving with that first team is a monumental achievement compared to our miserable failure in merely surviving with ours.

Fair point, but Villa are the exception rather than the rule, and like you say, they’ve struggled.

I think Lambert is an exceptional manager. I tipped Villa to be this season’s surprise package, based purely on his management ability. I suppose he has got that team to over-achieve, albeit from a different base. He’s shown a lot of nerve and ability, though not having much choice but to rely on youth may ironically have helped.

The other striking thing about the Villa experience is that their fans have stuck by the team, and I’m not sure our own supporters would have done the same, given the very recent memories of relegation and Ashley’s unpopularity. Judging from comments on here about Sammy and Ferguson, I have my doubts. The general opinion was to ship them out on loan rather than persist.

I get that most people use football as their escape from the mundane realities of everyday life (the wife, the job, the kids, the realisation that they're now in their thirties and still not headed in any meaningful direction in life, etc.) but when the escapism you crave isn't provided for you by the team you've chosen to support (often the case for many on here) then why not reduce some of the emotional capital you're investing into something that is providing you with negative returns and find something else to take your mind off the those mundane realities? Golf, fishing, reading, cinema, knitting?

Alternatively, you could continue to participate in the N-O game of melodramatic one-upmanship.

:lol:

100 plus pages of "OMG OMG OMG has he been sacked yet" hysteria, and now two acerbically witty posts on one page.

Things are looking up.

Guest Gemmill

Well said, sir.

"OMG it hurts so much to support this club etc". Have a gargantuan word with yourselves ffs.

The other striking thing about the Villa experience is that their fans have stuck by the team, and I’m not sure our own supporters would have done the same, given the very recent memories of relegation and Ashley’s unpopularity.

I think that is very true, our fans did stick with the team, but - and this is the important bit - the way supporters treat their side is in large part influenced by what went before.

For example, I can say that last year under McFuck was the most unremittingly depressing, negative, shameful mess of a season. There's a reason we dropped almost 10k season ticket holders over one summer, too - lots of people saw it coming, and couldn't believe we'd set ourselves up for that.

Given the grimness of the man who preceeded him, Lambert has had more support as manager than anyone I can ever remember - certainly for a manager who has us not safe with a week to go. Yes, the supporters buy into the side and there's a close bond between them, players and manager, but you can't ignore the effect of last season.

The same thing goes for you. You had a great season last year, got lots and lots of plaudits (certainly, our fans were dripping with jealousy at the time), and signed some really exciting players.

What you've been served up this season, by comparison, is effectively a plate of cold dog shit. You have every single right to be annoyed about it - as you've seen how last season went.

You are comparing what happened last season and what has happened this, and the disparity is immense, so big that someone quite obviously has dropped a season long sequence of bollocks.

I'm not surprised you want him out.

Why would anyone be so desperate to come on and tell people who care about something how much you don't care about it anymore?

Who gives a fuck?

Surprising attempt at taking the moral high ground from somebody who once went on Look North to plead for Hitzfeld to come and manage us. Maybe that's why he's so desperate to show how cool he is these days. Bit sad really.

Guest neesy111

Stu's just WUMing as that's the only reason he comes onto the football board for nowadays.

I'm just flabbergasted so many people expected Pardew to get the sack after what Dekka came out with earlier in the season. Setting yourself up for major disappointment imho.

Aye.

Guest icemanblue

Why would anyone be so desperate to come on and tell people who care about something how much you don't care about it anymore?

Who gives a fuck?

Surprising attempt at taking the moral high ground from somebody who once went on Look North to plead for Hitzfeld to come and manage us. Maybe that's why he's so desperate to show how cool he is these days. Bit sad really.

He's not saying that, though, is he? Isn't more of retort to the whole 'woe is me, my life can't possibly go on' comments that we're subjected to an a daily basis?

Who gives a f***?

He's not saying that, though, is he? Isn't more of retort to the whole 'woe is me, my life can't possibly go on' comments that we're subjected to an a daily basis?

You make it sound like you're forced to come in here and read!

Poor you :(

He loves it lol

Guest icemanblue

Who gives a fuck?

You make it sound like you're forced to come in here and read!

Poor you :(

:lol: #bantz #ledge

Guest Gemmill

OMG CARE LESS

The way people are carrying on is ridiculous man. It's about getting some perspective in your life.

If you're really this bothered about football, you need a year away from it. If you're not that bothered, then stop pretending you are.

I'd put it down to people being a bit more emotional towards the club than others.  At least they're not just some part-time posters who have just come back again after everything has turned out OK to try and wind people up.

I've not agreed with much that you've said in the various threads but at least you have been present battling in your corner and at least arguing your case, not just turning up to belittle people.