Alan Pardew

Mike

Top - Man U v Swansea

Bottom - Arsenal v Man U

Two teams recognised with good movement playing some weird formations, 4 Arsenal players holding hands.

Man U playing a variant of the Brazilian 4-2-2-2.

Average positions don't tell much tbh.

Average positions are useless for the majority as players switch positions throughout a match, especially when substitutions are made. So players aren't "sitting on each other", they've just spent 45 minutes each around about the same area, more than likely at different times.

Having a good laugh at some of these heatmaps btw..

Look at Man U's shape in their game against us.  Clearly defined shape, every player distinct. Only the two strikers are touching. 

Us?  The defence have a shape, f*** knows who's doing what otherwise....

http://i39.tinypic.com/4r97c8.jpg

Similar story in the Arsenal game....it's not as bad, but apart from our centre backs, every other player spends so much time in another players position, 8 of them look like 4.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vss00j.jpg

Considering how much we work on "shape" thats awful from us

The only thing I can take from the Arsenal game is us being ultra defensive and doubling up on their players.

Some useful info there Happy Face.

PL table from Feb '13 onwards:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/771194304.jpg?1368786369

Shows the importance of that investment.

Wow, Di Canio has really helped Sunlun propel up the table.

His 8 points have kept them up tbf.

PL table from Feb '13 onwards:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/771194304.jpg?1368786369

It's bizarre reading that and comparing it to the feeling that we were dropping like a stone.

The table glosses over the performances and the last gasp winners at home have propelled us up there. Plus the last two home games have really brought home how bad we are and it's easy to forget those scrappy points when we're in free fall performance-wise.

The table glosses over the performances and the last gasp winners at home have propelled us up there. Plus the last two home games have really brought home how bad we are and it's easy to forget those scrappy points when we're in free fall performance-wise.

I'm not saying we're good, but on the other hand you could argue that the manner of the Sunderland and Liverpool defeats made everything seem much worse than it was form-wise. Anyway, thank fuck it's over now!

We're 12-8 down on goals in the last 10 minutes this season.

I'm not saying we're good, but on the other hand you could argue that the manner of the Sunderland and Liverpool defeats made everything seem much worse than it was form-wise. Anyway, thank fuck it's over now!

Regardless of scoreline we still lost 4 in 6 which really isn't out of tune with the rest of the season.

I'm not saying we're good, but on the other hand you could argue that the manner of the Sunderland and Liverpool defeats made everything seem much worse than it was form-wise. Anyway, thank f*** it's over now!

I was actually agreeing with you Ian, maybe I wasn't clear :lol:

Your right, it's the performances that have made it feel so bad, it's the scrappy wins that make it look better than it is. You're also right in saying those two performances have brought extra doom and gloom on us!

But how many in average per game, our last minute goals are 1 a game I would expect, a la Cisse whereas I would expect a few of ours might be attributed to 2 or 3 as we trail off and get mauled.

But how many in average per game, our last minute goals are 1 a game I would expect, a la Cisse whereas I would expect a few of ours might be attributed to 2 or 3 as we trail off and get mauled.

A lot of them took points off us.

86th minute at the mackems.

81st and 85th minutes at Stoke.

90th minute at Man U

85th minute at Swansea

90th minute at Wigan

8th place if the table didn't "gloss over" those ;)

A lot of them took points off us.

86th minute at the mackems.

81st and 85th minutes at Stoke.

90th minute at Man U

85th minute at Swansea

90th minute at Wigan

8th place if the table didn't "gloss over" those ;)

HF = slayer of urban myths  :lol:

Regardless of scoreline we still lost 4 in 6 which really isn't out of tune with the rest of the season.

It's much worse.  :snod:

Worse than what?

losing 4 games in 6 is worse than the season average of 18/37.

66% rather than 49%

We lost 77% of games between 11/11 and 19/01 though.  That was THE worst.