Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest bimpy474

Contrary to popular belief, ostriches do not bury their heads in sand to avoid danger. This myth likely began with Pliny the Elder (AD 23–79), who wrote that ostriches "imagine, when they have thrust their head and neck into a bush, that the whole of their body is concealed."

This may have been a misunderstanding of their sticking their heads in the sand to swallow sand and pebbles, or, as National Geographic suggests, of the defensive behavior of lying low, so that they may appear from a distance to have their head buried.

Well pasted from Wiki, Thomas's homework is coming on well this term  O0

Contrary to popular belief, ostriches do not bury their heads in sand to avoid danger. This myth likely began with Pliny the Elder (AD 23–79), who wrote that ostriches "imagine, when they have thrust their head and neck into a bush, that the whole of their body is concealed."

This may have been a misunderstanding of their sticking their heads in the sand to swallow sand and pebbles, or, as National Geographic suggests, of the defensive behavior of lying low, so that they may appear from a distance to have their head buried.

wikipedia?? that's from my weekly journal, ostrichfacts.blogspot.com, are you saying I've been plagarized?

Guest bimpy474

As if its the same playing at home to City to playing away to City.

We know its s*** at the moment but f*cking hell its 2 games in and i'd be very surprised if Cardiff get even close to getting anything from The Etihad.

Are you serious?!

what have we been doing at home that's anything close to that!

Losing by 3 to Sunderland and not scoring a single goal, and losing by 6 to Liverpool and not scoring a single goal.

Pardew needs to f*** off at this point.

A complete and utter fraud and charlatan.

Where did i say he doesn't need to f*ck off? just i struggle to understand the slitting of the wrists mentality two games in.

Last season and seeing hardly anything has changed in his tactical approach (less long balls imo mind). We actually look less organised too, if that was possible.

I'm not sure about that.

Any set piece in our own half is still hoofed up field for that 6"7 giant cisse.

Don't get me on that, it drives me mad, it's utterly pointless and a continuation of same useless tactic from last season. I know it was only a small thing but our corners and free kicks in and around the box were a bit better.

Not floated, a small victory :lol:

It's a big issue imo, we gift the ball back to the opposition every time we do it!

It drives me mad too mate, in fact it's my biggest pet peev with Pardew because it's the easiest thing for him to change

A year, a whole year we've been doing it, and we have never got anything from it, ever. See this is why i detest him, it's so poor it's untrue from a Premiership manager and his team.

Guest bimpy474

wikipedia?? that's from my weekly journal, ostrichfacts.blogspot.com, are you saying I've been plagarized?

Of course not, my apologises :lol:

Shut up Thomas, I know.

I suppose it would be/is the bastard brother of the "Official Excuses" thread, but where's the unofficial & match-related "What did Alan Pardew scribble in his notepad?" thread. Obviously a thread for those who fuck around on MS Paint etc.

I try not to talk football socially at the moment.  But I'm surrounded by glory hunting Manchester United cunts at work. And they are typical Manchester United glory hunters, never even seen Old Trafford . But their general "you're shit" patter fucks me off no end.

Why are people looking at this as just 2 games into the season? Have they forgotten about last season already? We're were absolutely dire last year under Pardew, breaking negative records left right and centre. We've brought no one in permanently and are losing a key player in Cabaye. Yes we have got Remy on loan, but lets not forget he is coming from a relegated club, so he won't be the answer to any of our problems.

Pardew was terrible last year, we haven't improved over the summer and are continuing from where we left off on the pitch. We lack ideas, we've no game plan, the players look knackered and clueless, we can't score, we seemingly can't even get a shot on target and the negativity all over the club is the worst it's been in years. The fact is if we had a decent manager in, regardless of whatever shite Kinnear and Ashley shove down our throat, we'd be at least be getting some results and generating a bit of positivity.

It's not just about 2 games, there's a much bigger picture here. Some people need to get their heads out of the sand and realise the shit we're in.

Guest bimpy474

Why are people looking at this as just 2 games into the season? Have they forgotten about last season already? We're were absolutely dire last year under Pardew, breaking negative records left right and centre. We've bought no one in permanently and are losing a key player in Cabaye. Yes we have bought Remy, but lets not forget he is coming from a relegated club, so he won't be the answer to any of our problems.

Pardew was terrible last year, we haven't improved over the summer and are continuing from where we left off on the pitch. We lack ideas, we've no game plan, the players look knackered and clueless, we can't score, we seemingly can't even get a shot on target and the negativity all over the club is the worst it's been in years. The fact is if we had a decent manager in, regardless of whatever shite Kinnear and Ashley shove down our throat, we'd be at least be getting some results and generating a bit of positivity.

It's not just about 2 games, there's a much bigger picture here. Some people need to get their heads out of the sand and realise the shit we're in.

O0

Why are people looking at this as just 2 games into the season? Have they forgotten about last season already? We're were absolutely dire last year under Pardew, breaking negative records left right and centre. We've brought no one in permanently and are losing a key player in Cabaye. Yes we have got Remy on loan, but lets not forget he is coming from a relegated club, so he won't be the answer to any of our problems.

Really not sure what that has to do with anything tbh. If anything it makes his goal return look even better  :undecided:

Fuck off to Palace! Just about his level.

one place below us :lol:

All right wannabe smart arse!

If you've ever been to Selhurst Park you know what I mean.

settle down, I know what you mean

Pardew was terrible last year, we haven't improved over the summer and are continuing from where we left off on the pitch. We lack ideas, we've no game plan, the players look knackered and clueless, we can't score, we seemingly can't even get a shot on target and the negativity all over the club is the worst it's been in years. The fact is if we had a decent manager in, regardless of whatever s**** Kinnear and Ashley shove down our throat, we'd be at least be getting some results and generating a bit of positivity.

It's not just about 2 games, there's a much bigger picture here. Some people need to get their heads out of the sand and realise the s*** we're in.

Really not sure what that has to do with anything tbh. If anything it makes his goal return look even better  :undecided:

I think he means we're a strong relegation candidate this year. He didn't keep QPR up, and therefore won't keep us up.

Pardew was terrible last year, we haven't improved over the summer and are continuing from where we left off on the pitch. We lack ideas, we've no game plan, the players look knackered and clueless, we can't score, we seemingly can't even get a shot on target and the negativity all over the club is the worst it's been in years. The fact is if we had a decent manager in, regardless of whatever s**** Kinnear and Ashley shove down our throat, we'd be at least be getting some results and generating a bit of positivity.

It's not just about 2 games, there's a much bigger picture here. Some people need to get their heads out of the sand and realise the s*** we're in.

I think he means we're a strong relegation candidate this year. He didn't keep QPR up, and therefore won't keep us up.

It's a bit of a leap. Who scored more than Remy in the same amount of games?  I would bet anyone that did plays for one of the top clubs.

He seems like everything we need tbh, quick, able to score in a shit side, can play out wide.

We may as well just give up now if literally nobody is good enough.

Guest Brendan_Rice

I was thinking the same when I was watching it, Cid. Can't remember we had a game like that, Arsenal 4-4 maybe?