Alan Pardew

Mike

Cardiff's display and attitude today against City showed exactly why this useless f***ing c*** needs rid of now!!!!

Exactly this - Pardew spent much of last week-end bigging up City, saying they were on a different planet, yadda yadda yadda and the team goes into the game beaten before they started...Cardiff, on the other hand, a newly-promoted side with nowhere near as many expensively-assembled players, go out and set about City, ruffled them and came away with a deserved 3 points.....

As Cardiff are one of the sides many on here are using as a reason why NUFC will survive because they are viewed as worse than us, what does all this make NUFC look like after we have played 2 games and haven't even looked like scoring..??

Pardew is a liability and needs to go - but so does Ashley.

Do you not agree Pardew is a sub-par manager? He wasn't rated long before he came here and he won't be after he leaves.

He was a shock appointment because no one in their right mind would have ever considered him for this job.

I have stated on more than one occasion in here that I actually like Pardew and am willing to give him time, why? The utter choas he's dealing with a poor squad assembled on the basis of price and resale rather than any kind of footballing philosophy or vision and whether these players are actually suitable to play alongside one another. A transfer policy that prefers to avoid spending money. And lets not even get into JFK. Fact is what people have ignored repeatedly is the squad is severly lacking, we own no good strikers and before you mention Cisse he's a load on the side and frankly sums up the entire transfer policy, he is 100% useless outside of the box, 0 ability to hold up the ball or bring others into play and is only good at finishing-in the modern era thats a poor striker the end. We have no width, which means our attack plan is always through the middle because we have no one capable of actual width that makes us very easy to nulify and no plan b. And with our main striker completely dependent on service rather than able to create something for himself that makes us a poor side. Bring into it full backs who aren't that great at attacking and even worse at defending (santons best of the lot and even he has his daft moments) and we're simply a poor side who ridiculously overachieved in the 5th place finish

And how many of those players have been signed since Pardew has been manager- including the full backs and the striker - or are you tying to say he didn't have a say in the transfers? If you are then you're talking utter crap! It's up to a manager to create a plan B and a plan C if necessary - this idiot hasn't even got a plan A up his sleeve and his pathetic excuses and comments show exactly what a f***ing joke he is. How anyone can defend this useless pile of s**** is just totally bewildering!

its kinda obvious he doesn't. The board buys the players and doesn't pay attention to anything beyond low price and resale value.

You don't have a clue really do you - kinda obvious - the bloke is a total useless clown and if you really believe in what you're saying more fool you!

you seriously think he has any say whatsoever in who's bought and sold? Really?

It is undeniable that Pardew has his hands tied - to an extent. Jcdkelly's bang on the money when he describes our transfer policy. We haven't assembled a squad - we've signed bargains on the pretence that their re-sale value is higher than the fee we paid. Nothing else matters, providing they're of PL quality. There are many signings who are evidence of that but Sissoko epitomises it: a good player at a low price, signed with no consideration for how he would fit into the squad or how the manager would use him.

Pardew won't come out and say he's unhappy with it, because it will lose him his job. It's not fair on him but it does not absolve him of the terrible job he is doing now.

It is undeniable that the man is doing an awful job of managing the players he's got, whether they suit him or not. He has a negative, defeatist attitude that has rubbed off on the players and he's a bad tactician on top of that. He had a good first 18 months; developed a trust amongst the squad, had a decent run of form and picked up some excellent results by sticking to what he knew best - a traditional and rigid style. Taking into consideration the whirlwind signing of Cisse, confidence grew and he/we used the momentum gained to be slightly more expansive and ended up having a brilliant season.

Then Wigan (0-4) happened - an absolutely massive turning point. In spite of the Chelsea result that followed, the Wigan game killed the momentum and scared him to death. Since then he has become increasingly negative, in addition to trying more modern formations that don't suit him and, in-turn, don't suit the players. Last season saw constant chopping and changing, constant excuses and constant square ones. Now this season has begun as if the last one never ended, with an increasingly disinterested squad. The transfer policy doesn't help him but, as the man in charge of what happens on the pitch, he's lost the plot. At any other club, that would've been identified/cared about by the men in charge and he wouldn't be here.

It's just been a gradual downward spiral since that Wigan game and there's no recovering his career here as far as I'm concerned. We will achieve nothing with him.

I mean he's even say he hopes we've enough to get past Morecambe ffs.

No no no, that can't be right

I'm afraid so.

Jesus man. I'm starting to think he's just opening his mouth now and letting anything come out. Fucking Morecambe.

And what Sewelly said, the time for benefit of the doubt passed a long time back as well. He's just appalling.

"Hopefully we have enough to get through Morecambe."

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,94474.msg4592818.html#msg4592818

:anguish:

It is undeniable that the man is doing an awful job of managing the players he's got, whether they suit him or not.

this is it in a nutshell, no-one is saying he's got it easy but during the last year when we (and he) have really struggled can anyone show me one tactical or personnel related change he's made that's made things better?

this is an absolute basic thing for any manager as generally very few managers on the planet have the exact players they want in the exact numbers who suit their style, but they adapt and make changes that benefit the team, that is why they are paid

ONE, i ask someone to show me one such thing pardew has done in the last year...i'll be amazed if someone can come up with one...oh yeah, and i mean one that's succeeded

this is the main reason i think he's such a shit manager, i could maybe take everything else if i could see he had even one thing up his fucking sleeve

Do you not agree Pardew is a sub-par manager? He wasn't rated long before he came here and he won't be after he leaves.

He was a shock appointment because no one in their right mind would have ever considered him for this job.

I have stated on more than one occasion in here that I actually like Pardew and am willing to give him time, why? The utter choas he's dealing with a poor squad assembled on the basis of price and resale rather than any kind of footballing philosophy or vision and whether these players are actually suitable to play alongside one another. A transfer policy that prefers to avoid spending money. And lets not even get into JFK. Fact is what people have ignored repeatedly is the squad is severly lacking, we own no good strikers and before you mention Cisse he's a load on the side and frankly sums up the entire transfer policy, he is 100% useless outside of the box, 0 ability to hold up the ball or bring others into play and is only good at finishing-in the modern era thats a poor striker the end. We have no width, which means our attack plan is always through the middle because we have no one capable of actual width that makes us very easy to nulify and no plan b. And with our main striker completely dependent on service rather than able to create something for himself that makes us a poor side. Bring into it full backs who aren't that great at attacking and even worse at defending (santons best of the lot and even he has his daft moments) and we're simply a poor side who ridiculously overachieved in the 5th place finish

And how many of those players have been signed since Pardew has been manager- including the full backs and the striker - or are you tying to say he didn't have a say in the transfers? If you are then you're talking utter crap! It's up to a manager to create a plan B and a plan C if necessary - this idiot hasn't even got a plan A up his sleeve and his pathetic excuses and comments show exactly what a f***ing joke he is. How anyone can defend this useless pile of s**** is just totally bewildering!

its kinda obvious he doesn't. The board buys the players and doesn't pay attention to anything beyond low price and resale value.

You don't have a clue really do you - kinda obvious - the bloke is a total useless clown and if you really believe in what you're saying more fool you!

you seriously think he has any say whatsoever in who's bought and sold? Really?

Of course he has a say what were his words about Cabaye and Sissoko - "these are players I have been after ever since I first saw them" - do those words ring a bell? take your head out of the fucking sand man will you!!!

It is undeniable that Pardew has his hands tied - to an extent. Jcdkelly's bang on the money when he describes our transfer policy. We haven't assembled a squad - we've signed bargains on the pretence that their re-sale value is higher than the fee we paid. Nothing else matters, providing they're of PL quality. There are many signings who are evidence of that but Sissoko epitomises it: a good player at a low price, signed with no consideration for how he would fit into the squad or how the manager would use him.

Pardew won't come out and say he's unhappy with it, because it will lose him his job. It's not fair on him but it does not absolve him of the terrible job he is doing now.

It is undeniable that the man is doing an awful job of managing the players he's got, whether they suit him or not. He has a negative, defeatist attitude that has rubbed off on the players and he's a bad tactician on top of that. He had a good first 18 months; developed a trust amongst the squad, had a decent run of form and picked up some excellent results by sticking to what he knew best - a traditional and rigid style. Taking into consideration the whirlwind signing of Cisse, confidence grew and he/we used the momentum gained to be slightly more expansive and ended up having a brilliant season.

Then Wigan (0-4) happened - an absolutely massive turning point. In spite of the Chelsea result that followed, the Wigan game killed the momentum and scared him to death. Since then he has become increasingly negative, in addition to trying more modern formations that don't suit him and, in-turn, don't suit the players. Last season saw constant chopping and changing, constant excuses and constant square ones. Now this season has begun as if the last one never ended, with an increasingly disinterested squad. The transfer policy doesn't help him but, as the man in charge of what happens on the pitch, he's lost the plot. At any other club, that would've been identified/cared about by the men in charge and he wouldn't be here.

It's just been a gradual downward spiral since that Wigan game and there's no recovering his career here as far as I'm concerned. We will achieve nothing with him.

What one of the same players he said that he wanted ever since the first time he saw him? I agree with your other points but to say he has had no say in the signings is very naive. Out of his own mouth he has said he is part of the team which comes up with the transfer targets. Unfortunately we do have some good players bought in but this useless c*** either plays them out of position  or so deep they have little impact on games. This man has within the last 12 months had negative impacts on the careers of so many players at this club - Cabaye, Sissoko and Cisse are amongst the main players in this category. Just two names strike fear into this idiots thinking Jonas and Shola!!

Didn't you wonder why they have to play out of position because they couldn't fit in the system well? even Sammy could make an impact last match.

You can't deny the fact that pardew hands are fucking tied. He is not crying for any expensive signings, just some cheap and epl experienced players like bent and downing who would fit in his system well and willing to play rotation. That could help him a huge lot you know? instead he got nothing and now forced to leave out our vice captain. You honestly think he would be pleased and say "fucking booyah" when we sold cabaye for 20m?

Bent and Downing cheap now? Their wages are allegedly more than anyone we have on the books.

He's mismanaged Sissoko, Marveaux, Cisse, Ba, Anita, Cabaye in terms of their position on the pitch in the last year or so. Why would you hand the daft cunt more players on mental wages? Insanity. He's terrible, there's no other side to the story.

Yea he is terrible. But then, tell me, when is the last time we manage to put in a few quality cross from our wingers like Downing last match? 

Can you imagine a team without a good hold up striker and no wingers? WTF? You say he has mismanaged Marvraux. Are you serious? where can he play? he is ineffective on the left, in centre we have sissoko cabaye tiote and he is never good at defending. I already ignored the fact that he has fitness problems.  So tell me where should marveaux play except from the bench as an impact sub?

We are a terrible TEAM with a terrible manager. But with adequate resources Pardew can guarantee a top 10 finish. Now the club gives him nothing but a very unbalanced squad, he fails to deliver, BUT the club don't want to sack him. so what do you want? Ask pardew to resign himself? he may have to pay compensation instead, why would he do so, and should he?

Blame Ashley ffs. It is fucking sad that we looks A LOT better with Obertan or Sammy as our winger than our recent performance. To me part of it is due to Pardew, of coz, but unbalance personnel is a bigger factor imo. 

That's a good summing up there mate, well put. I was one of the ones to turn much more slowly than others on here but the evidence is there for all to see. The sad thing is he's just one part of a completely rotten club and my worry is that we'll see Kinnear in as "interim" manager with the failure to bring anyone of any quality in going forwards.

Yea he is terrible. But then, tell me, when is the last time we manage to put in a few quality cross from our wingers like Downing last match? 

Can you imagine a team without a good hold up striker and no wingers? WTF? You say he has mismanaged Marvraux. Are you serious? where can he play? he is ineffective on the left, in centre we have sissoko cabaye tiote and he is never good at defending. I already ignored the fact that he has fitness problems.  So tell me where should marveaux play except from the bench as an impact sub?

as just about everyone else see's play him behind the striker, haul shola off 'cause he's fucking terrible, and either move santon to LW or play gouffran there

i'm referring of course to this weekend just gone specifically

as i've stated earlier i accept the difficulties and limitation he's working under with regards not getting the players he wants and being undermined and so on, but his fucking job is to work around shit and get results

come on, give me one example of something innovative he's done with the personnel available to him since we finished 5th, just one time he made a noticeable change and it succeeded

i honestly don't think it exists, and it should

as just about everyone else see's play him behind the striker, haul shola off 'cause he's f***ing terrible, and either move santon to LW or play gouffran there

as i've stated earlier i accept the difficulties and limitation he's working under with regards not getting the players he wants and being undermined and so on, but his f***ing job is to work around s*** and get results

come on, give me one example of something innovative he's done with the personnel available to him since we finished 5th, just one time he made a noticeable change and it succeeded

Moved Obertan to the left wing, and he played a blinder. Never seen on the left again.

as just about everyone else see's play him behind the striker, haul shola off 'cause he's f***ing terrible, and either move santon to LW or play gouffran there

as i've stated earlier i accept the difficulties and limitation he's working under with regards not getting the players he wants and being undermined and so on, but his f***ing job is to work around s*** and get results

Moved Obertan to the left wing, and he played a blinder. Never seen on the left again.

He certainly did against Bordeaux.

We will be relegated this season with him still in charge, what I have seen in last two games shows we now have no clue whatsoever how to score goals and have even gone backwards from last season.

Back to 4-4-2 last two games without a out and out winger in sight, our players are suited to a short passing game as they are not any good at playing direct balls. We look totally disorganised and players look clueless as to what to do with the ball.

Most of the time we look like a bunch of strangers thrown together. Im convinced a new manager without new players would still see a massive turnaround, however that assumes we go and get a forward thinking manager from abroad without a ready made british manager excuse book.

Pardew is a total cretin and I cant watch 7 more years of this,by which point we would be in league 1. My season ticket will not be renewed in feb if changes are not made because I hate everything about watching us play these days

Guest Phil K

Ashley's the bottom line cause.

Pardew was cheap, no-one in top two divisions would touch him with a bargepole. Yet he ends up here.

Kinnear is an better example. No-one in top FOUR divisions would have touched him

So - it's Ashley the cause.

We HAVE to start boycotting games.

But we're still turning up, still buying shirts

Hit Ashley where it hurts. Bank balance