Alan Pardew

Mike

I was thinking the same when I was watching it, Cid. Can't remember we had a game like that, Arsenal 4-4 maybe?

And for half of that match we just as turgid as now. I honestly don't know if we have ever had a solid committed performance over 90 minutes under Pardew.

The guy is an utter sham of a coach and he has clearly exhausted any control he has on player performance and motivation. No other club would ever have put up with such woeful management for this long. There is literally no glimmer of hope for improvement none at all.

I was thinking the same when I was watching it, Cid. Can't remember we had a game like that, Arsenal 4-4 maybe?

And for half of that match we just as turgid as now. I honestly don't know if we have ever had a solid committed performance over 90 minutes under Pardew.

The guy is an utter sham of a coach and he has clearly exhausted any control he has on player performance and motivation. No other club would ever have put up with such woeful management for this long. There is literally no glimmer of hope for improvement none at all.

no other club which finished 5th would have such a woeful squad-which won't change if Pardew is sacked so I wouldn't bank on improvement that way.

Do you not agree Pardew is a sub-par manager? He wasn't rated long before he came here and he won't be after he leaves.

He was a shock appointment because no one in their right mind would have ever considered him for this job.

If we get a better manager, we will improve. It's simple.

Do you not agree Pardew is a sub-par manager? He wasn't rated long before he came here and he won't be after he leaves.

He was a shock appointment because no one in their right mind would have ever considered him for this job.

I have stated on more than one occasion in here that I actually like Pardew and am willing to give him time, why? The utter choas he's dealing with a poor squad assembled on the basis of price and resale rather than any kind of footballing philosophy or vision and whether these players are actually suitable to play alongside one another. A transfer policy that prefers to avoid spending money. And lets not even get into JFK. Fact is what people have ignored repeatedly is the squad is severly lacking, we own no good strikers and before you mention Cisse he's a load on the side and frankly sums up the entire transfer policy, he is 100% useless outside of the box, 0 ability to hold up the ball or bring others into play and is only good at finishing-in the modern era thats a poor striker the end. We have no width, which means our attack plan is always through the middle because we have no one capable of actual width that makes us very easy to nulify and no plan b. And with our main striker completely dependent on service rather than able to create something for himself that makes us a poor side. Bring into it full backs who aren't that great at attacking and even worse at defending (santons best of the lot and even he has his daft moments) and we're simply a poor side who ridiculously overachieved in the 5th place finish

Why are people looking at this as just 2 games into the season? Have they forgotten about last season already? We're were absolutely dire last year under Pardew, breaking negative records left right and centre. We've brought no one in permanently and are losing a key player in Cabaye. Yes we have got Remy on loan, but lets not forget he is coming from a relegated club, so he won't be the answer to any of our problems.

Pardew was terrible last year, we haven't improved over the summer and are continuing from where we left off on the pitch. We lack ideas, we've no game plan, the players look knackered and clueless, we can't score, we seemingly can't even get a shot on target and the negativity all over the club is the worst it's been in years. The fact is if we had a decent manager in, regardless of whatever s**** Kinnear and Ashley shove down our throat, we'd be at least be getting some results and generating a bit of positivity.

It's not just about 2 games, there's a much bigger picture here. Some people need to get their heads out of the sand and realise the s*** we're in.

Really not sure what that has to do with anything tbh. If anything it makes his goal return look even better  :undecided:

I think he means we're a strong relegation candidate this year. He didn't keep QPR up, and therefore won't keep us up.

It's a bit of a leap. Who scored more than Remy in the same amount of games?  I would bet anyone that did plays for one of the top clubs.

He seems like everything we need tbh, quick, able to score in a shit side, can play out wide.

We may as well just give up now if literally nobody is good enough.

He couldn't stop the rot at QPR, so the likelihood is he won't stop the rot here either. His return of 6 goals in 14 games as well won't be enough if the rest of the team aren't scoring. The point isn't really about Remy either, it's about Pardew. We've good players out there already who look totally lost, Remy will probably be no different.

I hope I'm wrong and he's the bright spark in a shite team, but I just can't see Pardew motivating anyone to do the business right now.

I have stated on more than one occasion in here that I actually like Pardew and am willing to give him time, why? The utter choas he's dealing with a poor squad assembled on the basis of price and resale rather than any kind of footballing philosophy or vision and whether these players are actually suitable to play alongside one another. A transfer policy that prefers to avoid spending money. And lets not even get into JFK. Fact is what people have ignored repeatedly is the squad is severly lacking, we own no good strikers and before you mention Cisse he's a load on the side and frankly sums up the entire transfer policy, he is 100% useless outside of the box, 0 ability to hold up the ball or bring others into play and is only good at finishing-in the modern era thats a poor striker the end. We have no width, which means our attack plan is always through the middle because we have no one capable of actual width that makes us very easy to nulify and no plan b. And with our main striker completely dependent on service rather than able to create something for himself that makes us a poor side. Bring into it full backs who aren't that great at attacking and even worse at defending (santons best of the lot and even he has his daft moments) and we're simply a poor side who ridiculously overachieved in the 5th place finish

The thing is, we do have good players, they just aren't being used properly. The tactics and game plans are killing us, not to mention the negative defeatist attitude from Pardew in the press every single time we play, I mean he's even say he hopes we've enough to get past Morecambe ffs. The players look knackered too, and the likes of Ben Arfa look like they could lose a few pounds. The fundamental basics of playing a game of football just aren't there, who is responsible for that if not Pardew? He has previous of messing things up in similar fashion at clubs.

The fact is he just isn't a good manager, if we'd a more competent manager in charge who just got on with his job and got the players he has at his disposal playing well, we'd be well clear of relegation. Right now we're sinking without a trace. We're playing worse than last season, who the fuck would have thought that was possible in May? 5th was a fluke, so far this season and last season show us what Pardew is really like. I honestly think he himself has given up as well, he just looks completely fed up.

Guest chopey

If we get a better manager, we will improve. It's simple.

I totally agree with this, we need a manager with a back bone

And how many of those players have been signed since Pardew has been manager- including the full backs and the striker - or are you tying to say he didn't have a say in the transfers? If you are then you're talking utter crap! It's up to a manager to create a plan B and a plan C if necessary - this idiot hasn't even got a plan A up his sleeve and his pathetic excuses and comments show exactly what a fucking joke he is. How anyone can defend this useless pile of shite is just totally bewildering!

Why are people looking at this as just 2 games into the season? Have they forgotten about last season already? We're were absolutely dire last year under Pardew, breaking negative records left right and centre. We've brought no one in permanently and are losing a key player in Cabaye. Yes we have got Remy on loan, but lets not forget he is coming from a relegated club, so he won't be the answer to any of our problems.

Pardew was terrible last year, we haven't improved over the summer and are continuing from where we left off on the pitch. We lack ideas, we've no game plan, the players look knackered and clueless, we can't score, we seemingly can't even get a shot on target and the negativity all over the club is the worst it's been in years. The fact is if we had a decent manager in, regardless of whatever s**** Kinnear and Ashley shove down our throat, we'd be at least be getting some results and generating a bit of positivity.

It's not just about 2 games, there's a much bigger picture here. Some people need to get their heads out of the sand and realise the s*** we're in.

Really not sure what that has to do with anything tbh. If anything it makes his goal return look even better  :undecided:

I think he means we're a strong relegation candidate this year. He didn't keep QPR up, and therefore won't keep us up.

It's a bit of a leap. Who scored more than Remy in the same amount of games?  I would bet anyone that did plays for one of the top clubs.

He seems like everything we need tbh, quick, able to score in a shit side, can play out wide.

We may as well just give up now if literally nobody is good enough.

He couldn't stop the rot at QPR, so the likelihood is he won't stop the rot here either. His return of 6 goals in 14 games as well won't be enough if the rest of the team aren't scoring. The point isn't really about Remy either, it's about Pardew. We've good players out there already who look totally lost, Remy will probably be no different.

I hope I'm wrong and he's the bright spark in a shite team, but I just can't see Pardew motivating anyone to do the business right now.

QPR were the worst team in the league by some way, he was never going to stop the rot there. If he performs like he did there he should make a big difference for us. We had one goalscorer for half of last season, having two would be great, especially one that can actually perform the role of a wide forward.

We won't be doing as well as the squad is capable of under Pardew but Remy will make a difference if he stays fit.

no other club which finished 5th would have such a woeful squad-which won't change if Pardew is sacked so I wouldn't bank on improvement that way.

:anguish:

And how many of those players have been signed since Pardew has been manager- including the full backs and the striker - or are you tying to say he didn't have a say in the transfers? If you are then you're talking utter crap! It's up to a manager to create a plan B and a plan C if necessary - this idiot hasn't even got a plan A up his sleeve and his pathetic excuses and comments show exactly what a fucking joke he is. How anyone can defend this useless pile of shite is just totally bewildering!

its kinda obvious he doesn't. The board buys the players and doesn't pay attention to anything beyond low price and resale value.

Just like how buying a better player would improve us, so would employing a better manager. That's how I see it. We should be looking to improve in every position, and I'd argue management is a pretty vital position to a team.

changing manager or not won't change the ultimate underlying factors causing us problems and it will hinder Pardews eventual successor as much as it has him. Best case scenario a new manager will have to answer to Kinnear worst case scenario Kinnear takes over himself. Neither looks good

If I buy a whippet and cloth cap and go around drinking brown ale, I'll be to the Geordie stereotype what you are to the Irish stereotype.

And how many of those players have been signed since Pardew has been manager- including the full backs and the striker - or are you tying to say he didn't have a say in the transfers? If you are then you're talking utter crap! It's up to a manager to create a plan B and a plan C if necessary - this idiot hasn't even got a plan A up his sleeve and his pathetic excuses and comments show exactly what a f***ing joke he is. How anyone can defend this useless pile of s**** is just totally bewildering!

its kinda obvious he doesn't. The board buys the players and doesn't pay attention to anything beyond low price and resale value.

You don't have a clue really do you - kinda obvious - the bloke is a total useless clown and if you really believe in what you're saying more fool you!

Was chatting to a mate from work tonight and we're really similar, share lots of opinions on life etc. As soon as football comes up and I mention I'm anti-Pardew, he starts defending him. What the fuck is going on? When did this mass brainwashing happen? I don't get how so many people can be this blind.

I mean he's even say he hopes we've enough to get past Morecambe ffs.

No no no, that can't be right

I'm afraid so.

Jesus man. I'm starting to think he's just opening his mouth now and letting anything come out. Fucking Morecambe.

And what Sewelly said, the time for benefit of the doubt passed a long time back as well. He's just appalling.

I stuck with him up until the point where I realised I completely despised watching his side play. That was like 12 months ago now. He's fucking shite and anybody that thinks otherwise is a lunatic.

Give him another full international upfront though, then he'll become a good coach.  :lol:

He lost me to the point of no return during that awful November/December run last year.

Listen, I know we'll be stuck with Kinnear and things may get even worse for this club, but I'm allowing myself one night of wild celebrations when Pardew finally goes. The cretin deserves to lose his job and that alone will be rejoiced, before I return to reality. Small victories.