Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Haris Vuckic

The "guard against offers" thing is ridiculous anyway. What do we do put up our shield and deflector beam? How do you stop clubs making bids?

You tell them the player is not for sale at any price. Which is what big clubs do.

Guest bimpy474

Why don't journalists say something?

''Alan why do you keep advertising your players?''

I bet they would then be banned from the next press conference.

Guest bimpy474

Why don't journalists say something?

''Alan why do you keep advertising your players?''

" Did Cabaye refuse to play and if so is he going to get a fine "

He did get asked that the other day and refused to confirm or deny it.

Guest firetotheworks

If the interviews with Kinnear about being offered the job after his heart attack and it being universally laughed at on here, only for him to turn up as our DOF don't make you realise that these people operate on a level that is completely insane and entirely depressing, then you never will.

We've been told by a reliable source that part of Pardew's job remit is to recoup money from players, Redknapp has said that we were actively trying to sell Carroll, Carroll has said that he was pushed, Barton and Nolan have described similar scenarios.

Pardew talks regularly about how we are vulnerable, as if we can't possibly say no. He's effectively walking through a rough estate with his iphone out screaming 'I HOPE I DON'T GET MUGGED'

The writing is on the wall, man. Conspiracy theories? Howeh, you're intelligent people, stop being played for mugs.

Don't see how some days the club are boasting that we are doing great financially and do not need to sell and other days talking about how vulnerable we are to bids for players etc.

Surely if we are financially sound then you put a big asking price on your players, like we did for Carroll, and if someone wants to be stupid and pay over the odds then fair enough.

If the interviews with Kinnear about being offered the job after his heart attack and it being universally laughed at on here, only for him to turn up as our DOF don't make you realise that these people operate on a level that is completely insane and entirely depressing, then you never will.

We've been told by a reliable source that part of Pardew's job remit is to recoup money from players, Redknapp has said that we were actively trying to sell Carroll, Carroll has said that he was pushed, Barton and Nolan have described similar scenarios.

Pardew talks regularly about how we are vulnerable, as if we can't possibly say no. He's effectively walking through a rough estate with his iphone out screaming 'I HOPE I DON'T GET MUGGED'

The writing is on the wall, man. Conspiracy theories? Howeh, you're intelligent people, stop being played for mugs.

:thup:

Don't see how some days the club are boasting that we are doing great financially and do not need to sell and other days talking about how vulnerable we are to bids for players etc.

Surely if we are financially sound then you put a big asking price on your players, like we did for Carroll, and if someone wants to be stupid and pay over the odds then fair enough.

When the window's closed we're in excellent financial health and Mike's done a great job. When it's open we're skint.

"The club admitted to the tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle."  :D :D :D

Those golfmag posts get more and more real every window.

Any chance of a recap? Saw something in someone's sig but I haven't seen anything else

Our London lawyers told us two weeks ago that Pardew was being lined up, to the extend that a draft contract was in place. I can only guess from that they they have prepared it. I refused to believe it but I am not sure all of a sudden...

When I first found this out, it was when Chris and the team were riding a wave, back in October I think. Pardew's name had bever been mentioned anywhere to my knowledge and I flat didn't believe what I was being told. I, like all of us, am still clinging to the hope that Ashley has had his head turned by Jol's sudden availability. But I do know for a fact that the plan in question has been in place for a long time.

A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context..

Part of Pardew's remuneration is based on how much the club's operating expenses (wge costs for him) are reduced. I think that this fact will influence much of this summer's decisions - ones that seem logical to us and ones that don't.

:thup: depressing. Was he a credible ITK though?

The calling of Pardew makes Golfmag a very credible ITK, probably the best ever. I do find it hard to get hold of the reducing of costs/wages etc. I just don't think he has any say in that. Other than that....

He's the direct link between the players and the board so he has a massive say tbh. It's pretty widely accepted that Hughton was sacked because he was too pally with the players and would stick up for them when needed.

He has a massive say on wages that are written into the players contracts? I don't think he has anything like that sort of influence.

Nobody has said that, have they?

The manager can have a massive say on the clubs overall spending though, aye. If he has a backbone and kicks up a fuss about a lack of spending, or throws in an ultimatum if his players are sold etc, something that Pardew will never do.

He's a yes man.

I quote "Part of Pardew's remuneration is based on how much the club's operating expenses (wge costs for him) are reduced. "

So yes someone has said that tbh, and I don't think he has any say on players' wages.

None of that is suggesting that he has a say on player wages though, it's suggesting that part of the reason he was hired was to help reduce the clubs operating expenses. Which doesn't necessarily imply that he has a direct say on player wages.

:lol: :lol: :thup:

In that case we'll sell Cabaye for less than £15m before deadline day. If the sole aim is to sell at a profit then even £11m would be a good return.

The "guard against offers" thing is ridiculous anyway. What do we do put up our shield and deflector beam? How do you stop clubs making bids?

You tell them the player is not for sale at any price. Which is what big clubs do.

Big clubs may say that but it doesn't stop them selling when the price is right.

In that case we'll sell Cabaye for less than £15m before deadline day. If the sole aim is to sell at a profit then even £11m would be a good return.

Nobody has actually said this :lol:

Barton and Nolan are different cases, they got a good offer for Nolan so took it and replaced with Cabaye. Standard non exciting stuff clubs do a lot. May have been something about differences in opinion on contract length iirc. Barton however yes was pushed because the guys Trouble and not a good enough player to compensate for the bullshit he brings and considering what he put the club through and indeed apparently rejected a contract on deadline day Carroll version (iirc) its no surprise they threw him out. He was also a free transfer out.

In the post that I quoted Icarus said "We've been told by a reliable source that part of Pardew's job remit is to recoup money from players"

One of the best ways of doing that would be by selling them at a profit I'd have thought. Unless the idea was to sell them at a loss which seems unlikely.

Guest firetotheworks

Going by that way of thinking, £4,000,000.01p would be profit, but they'll obviously have a set price in mind of his worth. In the past we've almost applauded Ashley and Co on the prices that they've managed to get for players. Dyer, Milner, Carroll being the obvious examples.

They were applauded because we naively thought that it would be invested back into buying players that would benefit us, not into buying players that were then slagged around by Pardew at a higher price than they paid for them.

Any chance of a recap? Saw something in someone's sig but I haven't seen anything else

Our London lawyers told us two weeks ago that Pardew was being lined up, to the extend that a draft contract was in place. I can only guess from that they they have prepared it. I refused to believe it but I am not sure all of a sudden...

When I first found this out, it was when Chris and the team were riding a wave, back in October I think. Pardew's name had bever been mentioned anywhere to my knowledge and I flat didn't believe what I was being told. I, like all of us, am still clinging to the hope that Ashley has had his head turned by Jol's sudden availability. But I do know for a fact that the plan in question has been in place for a long time.

A very specific part of Pardew's written remit is to reduce costs and the debt, to make it easier for MA to sell the club. Look at everything he says in this context..

Part of Pardew's remuneration is based on how much the club's operating expenses (wge costs for him) are reduced. I think that this fact will influence much of this summer's decisions - ones that seem logical to us and ones that don't.

The calling of Pardew makes Golfmag a very credible ITK, probably the best ever. I do find it hard to get hold of the reducing of costs/wages etc. I just don't think he has any say in that. Other than that....

He's the direct link between the players and the board so he has a massive say tbh. It's pretty widely accepted that Hughton was sacked because he was too pally with the players and would stick up for them when needed.

He has a massive say on wages that are written into the players contracts? I don't think he has anything like that sort of influence.

The manager can have a massive say on the clubs overall spending though, aye. If he has a backbone and kicks up a fuss about a lack of spending, or throws in an ultimatum if his players are sold etc, something that Pardew will never do.

He's a yes man.

I quote "Part of Pardew's remuneration is based on how much the club's operating expenses (wge costs for him) are reduced. "

So yes someone has said that tbh, and I don't think he has any say on players' wages.

None of that is suggesting that he has a say on player wages though, it's suggesting that part of the reason he was hired was to help reduce the clubs operating expenses. Which doesn't necessarily imply that he has a direct say on player wages.

I don't see how he can have a contract where he is remunerated for something he doesn't control. I am not in any way disputing that Golfmag was ITK by the way, clearly he was. I just don't think AP controls any of the clubs operating expenses. I don't think debate will resolve it - maybe we have to agree to differ.

In the post that I quoted Icarus said "We've been told by a reliable source that part of Pardew's job remit is to recoup money from players"

So as I said, nobody has actually said that :lol:

He's a yes man.

I don't see how he can have a contract where he is remunerated for something he doesn't control. I am not in any way disputing that Golfmag was ITK by the way, clearly he was. I just don't think AP controls any of the clubs operating expenses. I don't think debate will resolve it - maybe we have to agree to differ.

Aye fair enough, I just took it as Pardew's wages (or bonuses) are dependent on the clubs operating expenses, which would give him an incentive to want to move players on for big profit and get rid of any high earners. He's signed a new contract since then so it might be completely irrelevant in any case.

Going by that way of thinking, £4,000,000.01p would be profit, but they'll obviously have a set price in mind of his worth. In the past we've almost applauded Ashley and Co on the prices that they've managed to get for players. Dyer, Milner, Carroll being the obvious examples.

They were applauded because we naively thought that it would be invested back into buying players that would benefit us, not into buying players that were then slagged around by Pardew at a higher price than they paid for them.

But setting high prices on your players sometimes stops them getting sold. We saw that already with the£15m price tag on Tiote and it might prevent a sale of Cabaye as well. That's hardly the actions of a club that's desperate to sell.

So as I said, nobody has actually said that :lol:

You made a very important distinction there which had real relevance to the discussion. Thanks for the correction.

Guest bimpy474

His influence on sales, if he is renumerated by them. Would that not be to get the team playing well, getting players noticed and getting other teams interested. If that's the case he's fucking failed big time. Maybe that's why he's hawking them around in the press conferences because they aren't getting noticed with the football we play. Even the Carroll sale was more down to Hughton that this knacker.

Boss Alan Pardew will not want to lose Ba but is realistic enough to know that his departure is a possibility. He admitted back in September – unprompted – that a release clause was still in the striker’s contract and that Newcastle are “vulnerable” to predatory clubs. “There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable. It’s still open in the next window,” he had said.

While we're on the subject  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Boss Alan Pardew will not want to lose Ba but is realistic enough to know that his departure is a possibility. He admitted back in September – unprompted – that a release clause was still in the striker’s contract and that Newcastle are “vulnerable” to predatory clubs. “There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable. It’s still open in the next window,” he had said.

While we're on the subject  :lol:

Everything he said there was perfectly fine, but the bolded bit just didn't need saying  :facepalm: