Alan Pardew

Mike

People who rate Marveaux  puzzle me. I just don't think they've ever played the game at any level or even in a kickabout with any urgency to it.

He's reasonably talented - nothing special - but his lack of heart and effort is critical to making him ineffective most of the time. Any success in football is built on hard work & unless you are a stupidly good player you really can't get away with being lazy or indifferent.

I do think he's talented mind - but simultaneously useless most of the time. Decent from the bench but I wouldn't start him.

:lol:

Have you ever played at a decent level? :lol:

Not seen anything at all of todays match (or even read anything about it yet) but as far as I'm aware:

1. He picked the right team.

2. We won.

3. We won away from home.

4. We scored two goals.

5. We won even after being pegged back.

6. I heard someone on SSN say we were well on top after our second goal.

Better, Pardew. :thup:

Basically this. Picked the right team, and got the subs right as well. Can't really complain today at all. Another win against Hull and the momentum might take care of results in it's own way like a couple of seasons ago.

They had about 10 minutes after half-time which was expected from the home team after going in at half-time behind, but apart from that, we strolled it imo.

We definitely were the better side, but I think they had far more than only 10minutes. In any case, 3p won, Haris Vukcic (the poster) is a professional footballer so we should all be happy and grateful.

I meant 10 minutes of pressure. Yeah they had a few spells and a couple of chances but again, a home team in the Premier League will do that the majority of the time.

:thup:

I still think Aston Villa will struggle this year. Their squad is thin and bunch of young ones. They are extremely inconsistent as well. Fair play to us though, a lot down to Remy 's danger on the left.

People who rate Marveaux  puzzle me. I just don't think they've ever played the game at any level or even in a kickabout with any urgency to it.

He's reasonably talented - nothing special - but his lack of heart and effort is critical to making him ineffective most of the time. Any success in football is built on hard work & unless you are a stupidly good player you really can't get away with being lazy or indifferent.

I do think he's talented mind - but simultaneously useless most of the time. Decent from the bench but I wouldn't start him.

He's not the hardest working player around (in terms of tracking back, providing 'a tackle' etc) but I wouldn't describe him as lazy at all. First and foremost, you judge players like Marveaux on what they produce in the final third, and he's consistently one of our most creative players despite having little in the way of regular gametime. He's up there with the best in our squad in terms of technical ability, and uses the ball more intelligently than most.

He might be a player who needs certain conditions in order to thrive, but I reckon he would have offered more than Cabaye as the furthest forward in the midfield three today.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He's not the hardest working player around (in terms of tracking back, providing 'a tackle' etc) but I wouldn't describe him as lazy at all. First and foremost, you judge players like Marveaux on what they produce in the final third, and he's consistently one of our most creative players despite having little in the way of regular gametime. He's up there with the best in our squad in terms of technical ability, and uses the ball more intelligently than most.

He might be a player who needs certain conditions in order to thrive, but I reckon he would have offered more than Cabaye as the furthest forward in the midfield three today.

I just don't think he's good enough to counterbalance the gaps his carelessness creates tbh. :thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm sure at the time we got Marveaux there was a compilation video doing the rounds of him and a significant part of it was showing his workrate for the team.

Irrelevant if he can't do it in black and white, surely?

I'm sure at the time we got Marveaux there was a compilation video doing the rounds of him and a significant part of it was showing his workrate for the team.

Just an anecdote.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Just an anecdote.

:thup:

I don't think Marveaux is for every game but he's shown in his very limited starting appearances that he can be very effective both in the league and in the cups.

He's had a few invisible man appearances as well as a few arguable MOTM ones. He's very good back-up in my non professional opinion, but I did have a kick about last week.

I'm also far from convinced by Marveaux, just haven't seen enough to understand the outrage that appears on here when he's not in the side, sure he's had the odd flash of brilliance but nothing resembling consistency with it and when he's off form he really doesn't show much enthusiasm to try harder

I'm also far from convinced by Marveaux, just haven't seen enough to understand the outrage that appears on here when he's not in the side, sure he's had the odd flash of brilliance but nothing resembling consistency with it and when he's off form he really doesn't show much enthusiasm to try harder

Marveaux hardly gets a game so I don't see how he's going to play with consistency.