Alan Pardew

Mike

An extremely sobering thought that Di Canio and Bruce have tactically tore Pardew a new arsehole in very recent history.

I think players lost us both those games - not tactics.

The easy option is blame the players. The fact is both did their homework and Pardew didn't have enough to change things.

Let's go then.  Will you give me 4/1?

on what stake?

Just a tenner.  Mentioned it on the last page.

so you're gonna give me a tenner and if we finish above swansea i give you 50 back then, that's the bet?

Just PM each other once it's done and get paypal/bank details then.

Non payment gets a thread of derision for being a welcher. 

You're pretty much guaranteed to win though, tbf.

Guest firetotheworks

on what stake?

so you're gonna give me a tenner and if we finish above swansea i give you 50 back then, that's the bet?

Even the odds that you want suggest that you think it's highly unlikely. :lol:

An extremely sobering thought that Di Canio and Bruce have tactically tore Pardew a new arsehole in very recent history.

Equally it could be said that Pardew has done both Hiddink and Ferguson in recent times. Impressive but hardly indicative.

A popular call but ultimately a bullshit one.

to finish 8th you'd have to assume that one of everton, liverpool or swansea f*** up enough to let us in

don't see us being close to those 3 personally

Still not convinced Swansea are this special side everyone thinks, Everton have been patchy so far as well, think us and Everton could be the ones though.

You've watched Swansea right? It's not a new thing, been a great side to watch for a while. Also Everton are the only unbeaten side this season.

Obviously, being a great side to watch doesn't put points on the board though.

Last season was an unacceptable, abhorrent mess as far as Newcastle fans were concerned and an historic peak for Swansea but we only finished 5 points off them.

Last time I'm gonna do it. They WON A CUP

so did wigan, what's your point ?

on what stake?

I never said it was particularly likely.  I said it's not beyond the realms of possibility.  I like a punt.  Took arsenal for the title at 16s.  Don't think it's likely but it was a bloody good price back in June.

There should be a load of takers biting my hand off considering the scoffing at such an outrageous suggestion.

aye i'm not agreeing to it like, just wanted to know what he was on about :lol:

if nothing else it's not worth my time for a tenner, i also think for it to be a real bet you'd have to make it NUFC to be 5+ points ahead of swansea as they're the ones in europe this year and as happy face's man has consistently stated europe fucked us over....that being said we should not only better them but do so by more more points due to the draining effect of europe

to finish 8th you'd have to assume that one of everton, liverpool or swansea f*** up enough to let us in

don't see us being close to those 3 personally

Still not convinced Swansea are this special side everyone thinks, Everton have been patchy so far as well, think us and Everton could be the ones though.

You've watched Swansea right? It's not a new thing, been a great side to watch for a while. Also Everton are the only unbeaten side this season.

Obviously, being a great side to watch doesn't put points on the board though.

Last season was an unacceptable, abhorrent mess as far as Newcastle fans were concerned and an historic peak for Swansea but we only finished 5 points off them.

Last time I'm gonna do it. They WON A CUP

so did wigan, what's your point ?

They are pleasing on the eye too...

on what stake?

I never said it was particularly likely.  I said it's not beyond the realms of possibility.  I like a punt.  Took arsenal for the title at 16s.  Don't think it's likely but it was a bloody good price back in June.

There should be a load of takers biting my hand off considering the scoffing at such an outrageous suggestion.

oh and for the record i never scoffed at the suggestion, i merely pointed out that swansea had strengthened and we hadn't so you jumped on that to push me into a bet :lol:

I said before the season that I think we'll finish 8th like, knocked that down to 9-10th now after seeing Everton and Swansea but I think we'll be about there purely because of the dross filling the rest of the league. I think it'll be a torturous and frustrating ride regardless.

I'm happy with that progress.

aye i'm not agreeing to it like, just wanted to know what he was on about :lol:

if nothing else it's not worth my time for a tenner, i also think for it to be a real bet you'd have to make it NUFC to be 5+ points ahead of swansea as they're the ones in europe this year and as happy face's man has consistently stated europe fucked us over....that being said we should not only better them but do so by more more points due to the draining effect of europe

:lol:

Think we're getting a general idea of how ridiculous a notion it actually is now.

Swansea obviously favourites, but no reason to think Newcastle are unable to outperform them this year.