Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

I actually could have done with Happy Face over the summer for a bit of positivity. I think he's refreshing for the forum rather than usual suspects trying to gauge an opinion on how we can still have a good season regardless of Pardew’s shitness.

If the average Newcastle fan was as embittered towards Pardew (as opposed to Ashley) as this forum is then he would have been booed out of town long ago.  Proper Rat King of loathing has built up on here I think, and more people join with a loss than escape with a win/draw.

Dissenting voices seem to get sarcasm or stick more than consideration of points made....until you ask them to put their money where their mouth is ;)

I'll bet you every penny that I own that Pardew is a shit manager.

FWIW, I did find that the hatred for him was mainly on here until after the 0-3 and 0-6. Since then I haven't met anyone except you and a couple of others on here that pointlessly defend him.

An extremely sobering thought that Di Canio and Bruce have tactically tore Pardew a new arsehole in very recent history.

Equally it could be said that Pardew has done both Hiddink and Ferguson in recent times. Impressive but hardly indicative.

A popular call but ultimately a bullshit one.

Bullshit? No, it's fact.

90% of this forum is against Ashley, people just don't think Pardew is a good manager. That's the point.

Regardless of whether or not anyone believes we will get anyone better in they just don't like Pardew as a manager (and some as a person) and are sick of the same mistakes being made week in week out as well as the same shit being spouted. "Dissenting voices" also apparently don't like Pardew, in fact they thinks he's a "grade A cunt", but will defend him to the ends of the Earth with a seemingly interminable stream of slanted statistics and graphs because they also reckon Ashley will get someone worse in if he's sacked (ie Kinnear).

The debate as a whole is a load of fucking nonsense, it makes no sense at all.

I actually could have done with Happy Face over the summer for a bit of positivity. I think he's refreshing for the forum rather than usual suspects trying to gauge an opinion on how we can still have a good season regardless of Pardew’s shitness.

If the average Newcastle fan was as embittered towards Pardew (as opposed to Ashley) as this forum is then he would have been booed out of town long ago.  Proper Rat King of loathing has built up on here I think, and more people join with a loss than escape with a win/draw.

Dissenting voices seem to get sarcasm or stick more than consideration of points made....until you ask them to put their money where their mouth is ;)

FWIW, I did find that the hatred for him was mainly on here until after the 0-3 and 0-6. Since then I haven't met anyone except you and a couple of others on here that pointlessly defend him.

Think someone on here mentioned their utter disbelief that the Straberry corner would sing "Pardew is our King" during the Hull game.  So a vocal contingent in the stadium are still supportive.

An extremely sobering thought that Di Canio and Bruce have tactically tore Pardew a new arsehole in very recent history.

Equally it could be said that Pardew has done both Hiddink and Ferguson in recent times. Impressive but hardly indicative.

A popular call but ultimately a bullshit one.

Bullshit? No, it's fact.

That is fact, Crumpy is correct.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll bet you every penny that I own that Pardew is a s*** manager.

Think someone on here mentioned their utter disbelief that the Straberry corner would sing "Pardew is our King" during the Hull game.  So a vocal contingent in the stadium are still supportive.

Right, so possibly a few people in 50,000. :lol: I'd expect more in the stadium, tbh. Not in real life though. I don't tend to hang around community centres and mental hospitals.

I bet they weren't singing that after Fatty Bruce danced a victory jig at the final whistle.

90% of this forum is against Ashley, people just don't think Pardew is a good manager. That's the point.

Regardless of whether or not anyone believes we will get anyone better in they just don't like Pardew as a manager (and some as a person) and are sick of the same mistakes being made week in week out as well as the same shit being spouted. "Dissenting voices" also apparently don't like Pardew, in fact they thinks he's a "grade A cunt", but will defend him to the ends of the Earth with a seemingly interminable stream of slanted statistics and graphs because they also reckon Ashley will get someone worse in if he's sacked (ie Kinnear).

Why do you keep posting on the subject?

:lol:

There's definitely some truth in this.

Why does anyone? The lines have been drawn for about 2 years.

Brett is proper mental. Sorry mate. The guy has rose tinted cornea.

What have i said now. s*** a brick. I thought i'd calmed down after last week.

It never leaves you mate, they never forget.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No comment, I've given up "bullying".

:aww:

It's the first time I've posted on the subject. My other posts were regarding the suggestion that Alan Pardew is a better manager than Laudrop and my thoughts on stats vs opinions.

I think what you've done here, HappyFace, is you've conflated 3 distinct discussions.

Why does anyone? The lines have been drawn for about 2 years.

I'm enjoying challenging what seems to be the sacred cow around here.

I think the perception of a matchgoer is generally far superior to what any numbers might tell you.  But then, the likes of Christmas Tree have been to games and seem to have little to no knowledge of football whatsoever.  Also, perceptions of a viewer can become entrenched so their mind can be made up ahead of time.  They can become tuned in to recognising the bad and ignoring the good.  So even while Pardew changes the way we approach games to a large degree, there are people that insist he's sticking with the same plan A as last year.

Challenging that perception is difficult when I can only offer opinions of my own.  I say potato, you say potato.  That doesn't work written down.  We end up calling the whole thing off (See Hanskissedhispantz's post).  But some numbers can illuminate my view, or challenge it.  That's what I'm looking for, a post that makes me reconsider my view.

I was reading an article last week on the changes under Moyes at Man United.

Apparently training now involves a lot more physical training, and less work with the ball. They actually had a bit in the article about Van Persie being taken aback by how much harder the sessions are.

Now, watching Man United this season, in my opinion, I don't see the same level of quality possession, build up play or attacking moves.

The players are exactly the same, but the managers approach is quite different. I think the manager's approach, outlook and mindset towards the game, and the effect this has on the team's play, is often downplayed way too much.

People tend to say a lot on here that the players have to take the blame, and they clearly aren't good enough, but I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it.

I think in some instances the players can be too good for the manager, in the sense that he is not equipped to utilise them in the right ways.

The likes of Moyes and Pardew will revel in having a certain type of player i.e. one who works hard, grafts, doesn't take too many risks etc. Ultimately though, there is always a ceiling to what can be achieved with teams built largely around these types i.e. your Everton teams under Moyes, your West Hams, Stokes etc.

The best performing teams will always have more players that have a bit more about them, but it seems these types of players terrify certain managers! They can't fathom the thought of them not doing exactly what is asked over and over again. Kagawa gives Moyes nightmares, the way Marveaux and Anita do Pardew.

Ultimately our manager doesn't fit with the types of players we are bringing in. We can either get the more functional types of players to suit his philosophy, and be content with midtable mediocrity and the occasional Europa league  appearance, or push for more.

I think we are ultimately getting the type of players that can push for more, but the manager can't get the best out of them.

That's fair enough like HF, but you're coming in very late in the day here!

I'm fairly sure the reason you're not getting what you're looking for is more because a lot of people who have made lucid comments re: Pardew and his failings in the past simply can't be arsed to persist with posting them over and over and over and over again.

There have been many excellent points raised about his and our collective failings over the past months/years on here and elsewhere and for me personally some of the concerns raised are still plain as day to see all too often during 90 minutes of watching Newcastle play.

I definitely agree that a lot of nonsense gets set in anger and that we have far too many who, at this stage, are very entrenched in their view regarding the manager, but you're never going to change anyone's mind man :laugh:

Guest firetotheworks

No one cares about you mate. :lol: Nee offense. It's not about you at all.

It is to me mate. 

I don't post on here for your benefit.

I'm bored at work.

Likewise, no one posts specifically for your benefit, which is what you're looking for. I think everyone's just fascinated by you because you're a walking contradiction.

He keeps fooling me into thinking he's improving by the way, like at Villa, then we pull that shit out of the bag against Hull and it's back to square one.

My main issues with him there were the collective attitude of the side - which he is ultimately responsible for - and for his changes that sent us back to the good old 4-4-2 and totally robbed us of any creativity in the middle for the final part of the game and let Huddlestone run things unchallenged.

I never said call the whole thing off mind, I just think the debate itself is entirely pointless, I do enjoy reading it though :lol:

The 2 sides apparently agree with each other, both agree that Pardew is not a good Premiership manager, both also agree that if he is sacked Kinnear will likely be his replacement, and beyond that the appointments could be equally as sketchy. The biggest problem here is Ashley and it always has been.

The major dividing point has always seemed to be how acceptable it is to pan Pardew for his mistakes. As I said I do enjoy reading it though (and taking part).