Alan Pardew

Mike

No one cares about you mate. :lol: Nee offense. It's not about you at all.

It is to me mate. 

I don't post on here for your benefit.

I'm bored at work.

Likewise, no one posts specifically for your benefit, which is what you're looking for. I think everyone's just fascinated by you because you're a walking contradiction.

Why is it a contradiction to prefer the status quo of a mediocre manager at my mediocre club being run by a complete fucktard and his simpleton pisshead of a mate?

There is no contradiction in being absolutely certain that the chairman who appointed Kinnear, Wise, Vetere, Llambias, Pardew and Kinnear again; the man who could not work with Keegan or Hughton or Shearer or Redknapp; there's no contradiction in being certain he couldn't appoint and work with a talented manager if his life depended on it.

Giving him the opportunity to fuck up again while we aren't in any danger, while we're starting to play some decent football, while there's remarkably little animosity between players, manager, DOF and board considering, that seems suicidal to me.

Guest Forollhogna

I said before the season that I think we'll finish 8th like, knocked that down to 9-10th now after seeing Everton and Swansea but I think we'll be about there purely because of the dross filling the rest of the league. I think it'll be a torturous and frustrating ride regardless.

I'm happy with that progress.

We finished 8 points from 8th last year and were absolutely s****. Anything over 50 points and you're pretty much odds on as you're really only the best of a bad bunch. It's only progress if we maintain it and/or improve upon it though. And Pardew showed last year that he's hardly reliably in that respect, especially without investment.

We just need to steady the ship after the relegation battle last season, get some confidence instilled back around the city, our team is slowly building into something special we just need to keep trying to add little bits of quality here and there as we are never going to splash at big style like some teams do. We've came a long way already from the days of Barton/Nolan, we just need to keep pushing on. New owners and a new fancy manager would be nice but that’s not likely to happen anytime soon.

Hello Alan. Sly dig at the fans in the end there and jobs a good`un.

Guest firetotheworks

It is to me mate. 

I'm bored at work.

Likewise, no one posts specifically for your benefit, which is what you're looking for. I think everyone's just fascinated by you because you're a walking contradiction.

Why is it a contradiction to prefer the status quo of a mediocre manager at my mediocre club being run by a complete fucktard and his simpleton pisshead of a mate?

There is no contradiction in being absolutely certain that the chairman who appointed Kinnear, Wise, Vetere, Llambias, Pardew and Kinnear again; the man who could not work with Keegan or Hughton or Shearer or Redknapp; there's no contradiction in being certain he couldn't appoint and work with a talented manager if his life depended on it.

Giving him the opportunity to f*** up again while we aren't in any danger, while we're starting to play some decent football, while there's remarkably little animosity between players, manager, DOF and board considering, that seems suicidal to me.

That's not what's contradictory. I might post later though, I'm running out of steam for today.

It is to me mate. 

I'm bored at work.

Giving him the opportunity to fuck up again while we aren't in any danger, while we're starting to play some decent football, while there's remarkably little animosity between players, manager, DOF and board considering, that seems suicidal to me.

It's quite simple for me, I think we've got probably a squad that is value wise a top 8 finish every time. I think we've got some very good players there that if organised into an effective unit could play attractive and effective football. Pardew's lack of ability to instill shape or method frustrates the hell out of me. I think you could give any 3rd division coach those players and they'd get similar results. Win some, lose some depending on individuals pulling a few goals from nowhere. Pardew isn't good enough for this football club, he should be at crystal palace.

I said before the season that I think we'll finish 8th like, knocked that down to 9-10th now after seeing Everton and Swansea but I think we'll be about there purely because of the dross filling the rest of the league. I think it'll be a torturous and frustrating ride regardless.

We finished 8 points from 8th last year and were absolutely s****. Anything over 50 points and you're pretty much odds on as you're really only the best of a bad bunch. It's only progress if we maintain it and/or improve upon it though. And Pardew showed last year that he's hardly reliably in that respect, especially without investment.

We just need to steady the ship after the relegation battle last season, get some confidence instilled back around the city, our team is slowly building into something special we just need to keep trying to add little bits of quality here and there as we are never going to splash at big style like some teams do. We've came a long way already from the days of Barton/Nolan, we just need to keep pushing on. New owners and a new fancy manager would be nice but that’s not likely to happen anytime soon.

Do you go on my profile, check my posts and pick up on any you fancy? You've done it all afternoon. Just pointing this out because it's a bit cuntish tbf.

Do you go on my profile, check my posts and pick up on any you fancy? You've done it all afternoon. Just pointing this out because it's a bit cuntish tbf.

Thing is you're contradicting yourself somewhat there Brett . You can certainly say we have come a long way player wise since Barton and Nolan,  I would even agree. But why isn't our team any better than the one Pardew took over?  Indeed some might say that the team is actually worse despite the personnel being of a higher quality of player.  Why is that? It's a rhetorical question by the way.

It is to me mate. 

I'm bored at work.

It's quite simple for me, I think we've got probably a squad that is value wise a top 8 finish every time. I think we've got some very good players there that if organised into an effective unit could play attractive and effective football. Pardew's lack of ability to instill shape or method frustrates the hell out of me. I think you could give any 3rd division coach those players and they'd get similar results. Win some, lose some depending on individuals pulling a few goals from nowhere. Pardew isn't good enough for this football club, he should be at crystal palace.

None of that contradicts anything I said either.

Thing is you're contradicting yourself somewhat there Brett . You can certainly say we have come a long way player wise since Barton and Nolan,  I would even agree. But why isn't our team any better than the one Pardew took over?  Indeed some might say that the team is actually worse despite the personnel being of a higher quality of player.  Why is that? It's a rhetorical question by the way.

I've contradicted nothing in terms of my own opinion, i think this is the best side i've seen in years, i hope Pardew sticks with the majority of this team and blends it together, it has signs of the team that finished 5th but with more quality added to it.

I've contradicted nothing in terms of my own opinion, i think this is the best side i've seen in years, i hope Pardew sticks with the majority of this team and blends it together, it has signs of the team that finished 5th but with more quality added to it.

It should be but it really isn't.

We'll see, just different opinions. I believe in this side.

You're ignoring the big grey elephant in the room.

Guest reefatoon

How many years do you mean by that?  They might be the best team on paper, but I have seen nothing of this being the best team in years.  We just avoided relegation last season, playing garbage football. I have seen much better teams in that time.

That's fair enough like HF, but you're coming in very late in the day here!

I'm fairly sure the reason you're not getting what you're looking for is more because a lot of people who have made lucid comments re: Pardew and his failings in the past simply can't be arsed to persist with posting them over and over and over and over again.

There have been many excellent points raised about his and our collective failings over the past months/years on here and elsewhere and for me personally some of the concerns raised are still plain as day to see all too often during 90 minutes of watching Newcastle play.

I definitely agree that a lot of nonsense gets set in anger and that we have far too many who, at this stage, are very entrenched in their view regarding the manager, but you're never going to change anyone's mind man :laugh:

:thup:

People, myself included, have spent months arguing the same points and crossing sides now would be a dangerous game. Bloods n crips shit. Ian W comes out all Anti-Pardew and Inochi will be forced to terminate the bastard.

I'm happy to ride the Pardew wave until say the end of November. Think general play has looked a lot better this season. Hope is all we have as Newcastle fans.

How many years do you mean by that?  They might be the best team on paper, but I have seen nothing of this being the best team in years.  We just avoided relegation last season, playing garbage football. I have seen much better teams in that time.

Can't remember being so fond of the players we have at our disposal, probably since Robson got our side together, obviously after that it was broken up till it shattered and the rebuilding process started again following relegation but we've built up a side in that time to a very high standard considering how far we had fallen. Like i said i think this side can take us places. We probably hit the peak too quickly resulting in a sudden down fall but i feel like this season we will gradually come into our own again and be better prepared the next time we reach those sorts of heights. Ashley missed an opportunity to grasp that 5th place finish and it cost us dearly but we can bounce back from it and push on again this season if this side is allowed to settle and gets it’s confidence and belief back.

One day, probably something like a Tuesday evening when the mods are at a parents evening or something, this place is gonna be a bit quiet, largely unsupervised, you're gonna run into Interpolic. Won't be anywhere obvious. He might quietly follow you into a thread in General about ski boots or the like. Something innocuous. Then he'll start off with a few throw away comments, might even seem like he's trying to find some common ground. Then he'll get you. Turn you.

We'll come in Wednesday morning to find you repeating a few incoherent lines about being loose at the back, a set penis and a big man to hold it up.

Happens to all of you lot, eventually.

Can't remember being so fond of the players we have at our disposal, probably since Robson got our side together, obviously after that it was broken up till it shattered and the rebuilding process started again following relegation but we've built up a side in that time to a very high standard considering how far we had fallen. Like i said i think this side can take us places. We probably hit the peak too quickly resulting in a sudden down fall but i feel like this season we will gradually come into our own again and be better prepared the next time we reach those sorts of heights. Ashley missed an opportunity to grasp that 5th place finish and it cost us dearly but we can bounce back from it and push on again this season if this side is allowed to settle and gets it’s confidence and belief back.

I dont think the players give a stuff, they know they are just assets waiting to be flogged to the highest bidder.  Nothing is being built here.  Its a waiting game for everyone involved with NUFC, Ashley, the fans, the players the manager and the poor employees on match day.

Nothing is going to move forward until Ashley decides to fuck off.

I cant really get attached to the players.

One day, probably something like a Tuesday evening when the mods are at a parents evening or something, this place is gonna be a bit quiet, largely unsupervised, you're gonna run into Interpolic. Won't be anywhere obvious. He might quietly follow you into a thread in General about ski boots or the like. Something innocuous. Then he'll start off with a few throw away comments, might even seem like he's trying to find some common ground. Then he'll get you. Turn you.

We'll come in Wednesday morning to find you repeating a few incoherent lines about being loose at the back, a set penis and a big man to hold it up.

Happens to all of you lot, eventually.

:lol: It was Ian who Polic had the problem with, i simply just loosely described him as a ‘schoolboy bully in the playground’ and that snowballed pretty quickly into an avalanche. We all had a bit of time out though and thought long and hard about our actions that day and it's been slightly more peaceful. Polic is a good guy, he just had a meltdown, i had one last week around this time. Happens to the best of us. Saying this if Polic follows me into a thread in general, i will be looking over my shoulder with caution still...

:lol: It was Ian who Polic had the problem with, i simply just loosely described him as a ‘schoolboy bully in the playground’ and that snowballed pretty quickly into an avalanche. We all had a bit of time out though and thought long and hard about our actions that day and it's been slightly more peaceful. Polic is a good guy, he just had a meltdown, i had one last week around this time. Happens to the best of us. Saying this if Polic follows me into a thread in general, i will be looking over my shoulder with caution still...

I know it makes me a voyeur of intellectual violence but Polic is just about my favourite poster!

Personally, i reckon you're next....

Guest reefatoon

Best side in years? Damning indictment on Pardew if so...  :whistle:

Tbf that isn't very hard.... sides between Robson and now were pretty dire tbf.

But only once in that time we finished in a lower place than last season.

It is to me mate. 

I'm bored at work.

He's a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction,

Taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home.