Alan Pardew

Mike

It's got nothing to do with where we finish, top 8 isn't a massive achievement on it's own (we were 8 points off it last season and we were nearly relegated.)

We just should be up there competing for a European place playing a non-cowardly style of football that isn't mind numbingly boring. The actual position we finish in doesn't really matter (to a degree)

This is true. Out of interest, do you think we are currently playing mind-numbingly boring and cowardly football?

The results have been far from perfect but personally think the football has been a lot more positive on the whole. Not that this is difficult after last season like.

We've shown reasonable quality in 2-3 games, but in 2-3 others "mind-numbingly boring and cowardly football" probably isn't that far off. It's an improvement on large parts of last season like, but not enough to have me exited for the season, especially when the manager is dropping Ben Arfa because he hasn't got a clue how to use him.

Fair enough. I'd say the first couple of matches could fall under that description but sense then things have improved on the attacking front. Even the defeats against Hull and Everton involved some glimpses of attacking quality.

Disagree with the not being able to use Ben Arfa comment. He's been our best player for the most part so far, therefore he must have been used correctly at times. I didn't want to see him dropped but it was clearly for tactical reasons which were ultimately proven effective.

Still an awful lot of work to do but I don't think it's fair to say we've been playing boring football this season. Obviously it will be results that decide his future in the long-run like.

I think some are so far gone, they can't see the change, blinkered by their hatred and passion for the bloke to fail.

What does this bollocks mean, man?

People are "so far gone" because they know he's a shite manager, it's pointless acting otherwise. He's fucking shite and in turn we're fucking shite (and on the whole we have been shite this season). If you're trying to say that people actively want Newcastle - and therefore Pardew - to fail, then aye, you're talking shite :lol:

He's trolling, Broey Tribbiani. Absolute shit page after page from the usuals again.

I think some are so far gone, they can't see the change, blinkered by their hatred and passion for the bloke to fail.

People are "so far gone" because they know he's a shite manager, it's pointless acting otherwise. He's fucking shite and in turn we're fucking shite (and on the whole we have been shite this season). If you're trying to say that people actively want Newcastle - and therefore Pardew - to fail, then aye, you're talking shite :lol:

He's trolling, Broey Tribbiani. Absolute shit page after page from the usuals again.

Why don't you attempt to offer something worthwhile to the conversation Jack? You have the patter of a fucking kettle.

He's trolling, Broey Tribbiani. Absolute s*** page after page from the usuals again.

I assume it's quiet because people are sick to death of the wums and don't bother posting.

:lol: Aye, that'll be it.

:anguish:

Nice fishing Jack.

Hope you're enjoying all this xx

You've got a cheek when you're first contribution was to try and wind people up  :lol:

Why don't you attempt to offer something worthwhile to the conversation Jack? You have the patter of a fucking kettle.

And he draws like a 5 year old.  :huff: :huff:

People are "so far gone" because they know he's a s**** manager, it's pointless acting otherwise. He's f***ing s**** and in turn we're f***ing s**** (and on the whole we have been s**** this season). If you're trying to say that people actively want Newcastle - and therefore Pardew - to fail, then aye, you're talking s**** :lol:

He's trolling, Broey Tribbiani. Absolute s*** page after page from the usuals again.

Why don't you attempt to offer something worthwhile to the conversation Jack? You have the patter of a f***ing kettle.

Aye, this!  :laugh:

And again.

Tedious.

Ben Arfa is our best player which is why he was our best player up until Pardew randomly pulled him out of the side. I'll never agree that was a good managerial decision, both for the 2nd half of the Everton game and the starting line-up of the Cardiff game. To me it was a sign of a manager not knowing how to use the player and instead reverting to his more trusted grafter. He did it 2 seasons ago with Ryan Taylor and Obertan, it's Gouffran this season. It may be more effective for Pardew to play this way, like. But that's not exactly a plus point on his part.

FWIW wanting NUFC to lose a game and therefore pardew to be sacked does not equate to wanting newcastle to "fail". It's a long term view where people were saying they'd "accept" a loss if it meant that he was sacked. Nobody wants newcastle to fail, It's an absolutely ludicrous point to even suggest. As is this "too far gone" crack. Utter s*** IMO

I said passion for Pardew to fail, not Newcastle.

Ben Arfa is our best player which is why he was our best player up until Pardew randomly pulled him out of the side. I'll never agree that was a good managerial decision, both for the 2nd half of the Everton game and the starting line-up of the Cardiff game. To me it was a sign of a manager not knowing how to use the player and instead reverting to his more trusted grafter. He did it 2 seasons ago with Ryan Taylor and Obertan, it's Gouffran this season. It may be more effective for Pardew to play this way, like. But that's not exactly a plus point on his part.

We all want to see Ben Arfa in full flow, nay doubt. He's our best player and by far the most exciting to watch. If a match requires a 'grafter' and we get the 3 points though, I couldn't care less who is in the XI.

Personally don't think it was a case of not knowing how to use him, more a case of him knowing his limitations. It's easy enough to say that it was only Cardiff and Ben Arfa would have torn them apart, but as we saw with Hull this isn't always the case.

If he continues to bench Ben Arfa and we lose regularly without him in the line-up, that's when shit hits the fan like :lol:

FWIW wanting NUFC to lose a game and therefore pardew to be sacked does not equate to wanting newcastle to "fail". It's a long term view where people were saying they'd "accept" a loss if it meant that he was sacked. Nobody wants newcastle to fail, It's an absolutely ludicrous point to even suggest. As is this "too far gone" crack. Utter s*** IMO

I said passion for Pardew to fail, not Newcastle.

He's failed for the vast majority of his career...there isn't any need for anybody to want him to fail. As sure as eggs are eggs after a year or so of sailing through calm waters, his team will go to shit. We're the only mugs to let him go past a second full season so I guess we're in unchartered territory but I'd wager we won't finish top 8...top half if we're lucky.

I don't want Pardew to fail any more than I want Shola to fail. But they're both shit. If Shola comes back against Liverpool and scores the winner, he's still shit. I don't know why this seems to be such a difficult concept to grasp for some people. They become desperate for the man to have "credit" for a decent half here or a decent half there (let's face it, it's never been a full game for a long time). I don't change my mind on a player's long term suitability based on 45 minutes especially if they have a second half catastrophe, why is the manager different?

Pardew "turning things round" and getting the absolute consistent best out of these players is as likely to happen as Shola turning into Didier Drogba. Feel free to hope as much as you like but don't whinge when other people call you out on talking nonsense.

I don't want Pardew to fail any more than I want Shola to fail. But they're both s***. If Shola comes back against Liverpool and scores the winner, he's still s***. I don't know why this seems to be such a difficult concept to grasp for some people. They become desperate for the man to have "credit" for a decent half here or a decent half there (let's face it, it's never been a full game for a long time). I don't change my mind on a player's long term suitability based on 45 minutes especially if they have a second half catastrophe, why is the manager different?

Pardew "turning things round" and getting the absolute consistent best out of these players is as likely to happen as Shola turning into Didier Drogba. Feel free to hope as much as you like but don't whinge when other people call you out on talking nonsense.

Don't expect that to sink in with a few.

Coming in 8th out of 20 is something that would please you. That just absolutely boggles my mind.

Is there a back four among the leagues best 7 clubs you would not swap with?

I'd prefer to have the ones we've got being coached correctly before I'd go rushing out to swap anyone.

What's the next painfully depressing and wildly incorrect prediction Wullie?

Took us 2 games to rise above the 16th position we supposedly wouldn't move from all season.

I leave the painfully depressing stuff to the "8th is fantastic" brigade.

:lol: Brett?

:lol:

He's quoted it like i've said that. Wullie thinks we should be pushing into top 6 but thinks we are in a relegation battle, ambitious pessimistic clown  :lol:

What on Earth are you talking about man?

My position has always been that the players are comfortably good enough to compete for European qualification whilst the manager is not close to being Premier League quality and drags them down, fails to get the best out of them and leaves us constantly less than the sum of our parts.

How does any of that contradict what I've said?

:undecided:

I think you're sitting on the fence a bit, if we finish top 8, you'll say well so he should with that group of players, if we finish in another relegation battle, you'll be blaming the manager and not the players.

Fwiw i don't think even a good manager would get us into top 6 this season, i think Everton have themselves a good manager and a similar standard of squad to ours but don't think he'll manage it, they will be similar to us where we will try and fight for it but will come up short in the end.

Sitting on the fence on what sense? I think the manager is obscenely s*** at his job. What part of that sentence constitutes sitting on the fence? :lol:

I agree that he's a shit manager but i think with this group of players he can still have a good season. What does Pardew have to do this season for you to look back on and say 'he's done well there'. Win a cup? Finish top 6? Top 8?...Avoid another relegation battle? Surely you can’t be of the opinion that he’s done shit regardless of what he achieves from now on?

Fuck me you don't half run with the foxes and chase with the hounds. :lol:

A decent half here, a decent half there, the whole of the 2011-12 season. Minor details.

Has anyone changed their mind on the back of the Cardiff performance? I see no evidence to suggest this.

:rolleyes:

Coming in 8th out of 20 is something that would please you. That just absolutely boggles my mind.

Is there a back four among the leagues best 7 clubs you would not swap with?

I'd prefer to have the ones we've got being coached correctly before I'd go rushing out to swap anyone.

What's the next painfully depressing and wildly incorrect prediction Wullie?

Took us 2 games to rise above the 16th position we supposedly wouldn't move from all season.

I leave the painfully depressing stuff to the "8th is fantastic" brigade.

:lol: Brett?

:lol:

He's quoted it like i've said that. Wullie thinks we should be pushing into top 6 but thinks we are in a relegation battle, ambitious pessimistic clown  :lol:

What on Earth are you talking about man?

My position has always been that the players are comfortably good enough to compete for European qualification whilst the manager is not close to being Premier League quality and drags them down, fails to get the best out of them and leaves us constantly less than the sum of our parts.

How does any of that contradict what I've said?

:undecided:

I think you're sitting on the fence a bit, if we finish top 8, you'll say well so he should with that group of players, if we finish in another relegation battle, you'll be blaming the manager and not the players.

Fwiw i don't think even a good manager would get us into top 6 this season, i think Everton have themselves a good manager and a similar standard of squad to ours but don't think he'll manage it, they will be similar to us where we will try and fight for it but will come up short in the end.

Sitting on the fence on what sense? I think the manager is obscenely s*** at his job. What part of that sentence constitutes sitting on the fence? :lol:

I agree that he's a s*** manager but i think with this group of players he can still have a good season. What does Pardew have to do this season for you to look back on and say 'he's done well there'. Win a cup? Finish top 6? Top 8?...Avoid another relegation battle? Surely you can’t be of the opinion that he’s done s*** regardless of what he achieves from now on?

f*** me you don't half run with the foxes and chase with the hounds. :lol:

If you fancy going through my quotes where I've said Pardew is a good manager, feel free. Always maintained he's capable of sustaining a good run of form like he did when we finished 5th but he's also proven he's incapable of getting us out of a rut when things turn sour lack last season. He can still have a good season, he's got the players at his disposal to do so, if he manages to survive the next run of games with some credit, I fancy us to push on from it!

Guest bimpy474

Brett you saying you think Pardew is shit is like me telling Mrs Bimpy she doesn't have a fat arse. I'm lying through my teeth for an easy life.

Brett you saying you think Pardew is s*** is like me telling Mrs Bimpy she doesn't have a fat arse. I'm lying through my teeth for an easy life.

A few are like that, they sprinkle the odd post so they can bring it up later and spend days defending him.  :lol:

I don't want Pardew to fail any more than I want Shola to fail. But they're both shit. If Shola comes back against Liverpool and scores the winner, he's still shit. I don't know why this seems to be such a difficult concept to grasp for some people. They become desperate for the man to have "credit" for a decent half here or a decent half there (let's face it, it's never been a full game for a long time). I don't change my mind on a player's long term suitability based on 45 minutes especially if they have a second half catastrophe, why is the manager different?

I don't understand why supporters slag Ameobi off when he's played and we only had the likes of Ranger on the bench.  Fair enough to criticise when the alternative is an improvement. Otherwise its just a case of cwying and cwying until you're blue in the face.

Guest bimpy474

I don't understand why supporters slag Ameobi off when he's played and we only had the likes of Ranger on the bench.  Fair enough to criticise when the alternative is an improvement. Otherwise its just a case of cwying and cwying until you're blue in the face.

What has the standard of the bench have to do with the ability of Ameobi and his performances, Shola is either good enough or he's not. He isn't and that's simply the way it is. He doesn't suddenly become better because a worse player is on the bench.

So if your lass serves a turd on a plate you'll happily eat it without complaining if she has nothing better to feed you with?

Guest bimpy474

So if your lass serves a turd on a plate you'll happily eat it without complaining if she has nothing better to feed you with?

Speaking of which, my dinner is about to set the fire alarm off. I am hungry mind.