Alan Pardew

Mike

Doesn't somebody's sig have the Pardew quote saying the media making up these expectations?

A complete contradiction from the dickwad ;D

I don't think he said that the expectations are high. He said that the club has a very intimate relationship with the city, and the happiness or unhappiness of its citizens rests more closely on the fortunes of its one club than is the case with other large cities. Hence there's pressure on results, and victory and defeat can produce pronounced mood swings which can affect the players. That's a more subtle point that just saying the supporters are over-optimistic.

It seemed to me a fairly honest appraisal of where we're at as a club. In the case of Ashley, and his mistakes brought about by confusion, he was probably too honest. Conflict behind the scenes is just the sort of story that the media are looking for.

Running a business and running a football club are not the same thing, and he should have just stuck to that point.

You will have better luck trying to extract milk from a bull than finding meaning in anything Pardew says. He is a liar and a figurehead.

Haha, very true and elegantly put.

I find it really, really strange when people say he is shit but a likeable character too. What is so likeable about a smarmy, lying average joe? I don't get it.

Doesn't somebody's sig have the Pardew quote saying the media making up these expectations?

I don't think he said that the expectations are high.

Read the article, perhaps?

I don't think he said that the expectations are high. He said that the club has a very intimate relationship with the city, and the happiness or unhappiness of its citizens rests more closely on the fortunes of its one club than is the case with other large cities. Hence there's pressure on results, and victory and defeat can produce pronounced mood swings which can affect the players. That's a more subtle point that just saying the supporters are over-optimistic.

It seemed to me a fairly honest appraisal of where we're at as a club. In the case of Ashley, and his mistakes brought about by confusion, he was probably too honest. Conflict behind the scenes is just the sort of story that the media are looking for.

Running a business and running a football club are not the same thing, and he should have just stuck to that point.

A better manager would be able to feed off the position the club has in the community, a shit one can't.

"But we're not in the position our fans want to be in. They want us to be up there with Manchester United and Manchester City. But until a Gulf state takes us over, or a Russian billionaire, we're probably not going to be able to compete with them, and that's a fact."

:lol: Fucking piss off, man.

"But we're not in the position our fans want to be in. They want us to be up there with Manchester United and Manchester City. But until a Gulf state takes us over, or a Russian billionaire, we're probably not going to be able to compete with them, and that's a fact."

:lol: f***ing p*ss off, man.

jesus wept.  :jesuswept:

Wonder if he knows that a television interview on an international weekend was always a recipe for online meltdown. He likes money/the sound of his own voice too much though.

Didn't see it but it just reads as more meaningless waffle. More bothered about whether he can have us competing with Liverpool next week.

Wonder if he knows that a television interview on an international weekend was always a recipe for online meltdown. He likes money/the sound of his own voice too much though.

Didn't see it but it just reads as more meaningless waffle. More bothered about whether he can have us competing with Liverpool next week.

Apparently we pressed Liverpool too much when they humped us 6-0 so we won't be pressing this time round.

Apparently we pressed Liverpool too much when they humped us 6-0 so we won't be pressing this time round.

:lol: Seriously?

His words, he also said we didn't have the team for it then referred to not doing it again.

I expect us to try and keep a clean sheet, nothing else, that'll be the entire plan from start to finish so when we are 1-0 down after 10mins (if we do well) it'll be interested to see plan b.  :lol:

I'm not bothered what happens. I just want the cunt out.

This is pretty much where I'm at too.

:thup: Me too, 100%.  The contempt he's showing for supporters more and more freely pushes me over the edge in that respect.  If it's Kinnear it's Kinnear.  Ideal scenario is Pardew leaves on the same day as Kinnear goes into a coma on the same day as some daft cunt from Walker wins the EuroMillions and takes over the club in partnership with Ant & Dec and Jimmy Nail. 

:lol: We'd lost the game after minutes, having looked completely listless and disinterested.

His words, he also said we didn't have the team for it then referred to not doing it again.

I expect us to try and keep a clean sheet, nothing else, that'll be the entire plan from start to finish so when we are 1-0 down after 10mins (if we do well) it'll be interested to see plan b.  :lol:

It's going to be grim watching that, Sturridge and Suarez will have a field day and it will not be our defenders who let us down, it will be the tactical genius.