Alan Pardew

Mike

Today was a team performance from us for a change, been waiting for one of these for fucking ages. This is the very least we should be expecting of this group of players on a regular basis, he is a shit, shit manager but today he got it right and long may it continue(it won't).

And he stays. Just been a running theme of his reign. Every time we head into a match thinking it'll be the final nail in his coffin he'll somehow dig out a result against the unlikeliest of opponents.

Did you really think he'd be sacked if lost today?

What did Ginola say?

Pardew said that everything went to plan. Ginola asked whether playing s**** for 60 minutes, being unable to control the ball, Tiote getting injured was all part of the plan  :lol:

:lol:

Pardew doesn't get much credit from me. Chelsea weren't on their game at all and the individual quality of our players has saved him again.

Mad that. Didn't he have us well organised, didn't he get the players to work hard for each other? I don't expect anyone to start loving Pardew all of a sudden, but he needs to get some credit.

He gets credit for getting us to win. But it's not like he did something magical tbh. I think he made some extremely poor decisions as well as good ones, but Chelsea weren't good (and no it's not because of us, they couldn't even get a pass right at the back ffs).

I don't mind Pardew as long as we keep winning, if he wants to start Shola every week do so as long as we get 3p. I just don't trust him.

What did Ginola say?

Pardew said that everything went to plan. Ginola asked whether playing s**** for 60 minutes, being unable to control the ball, Tiote getting injured was all part of the plan  :lol:

Pardew doesn't get much credit from me. Chelsea weren't on their game at all and the individual quality of our players has saved him again.

Mad that. Didn't he have us well organised, didn't he get the players to work hard for each other? I don't expect anyone to start loving Pardew all of a sudden, but he needs to get some credit.

He gets credit for getting us to win. But it's not like he did something magical tbh. I think he made some extremely poor decisions as well as good ones, but Chelsea weren't good (and no it's not because of us, they couldn't even get a pass right at the back ffs).

I don't mind Pardew as long as we keep winning, if he wants to start Shola every week do so as long as we get 3p. I just don't trust him.

That's all fair enough, but to deny him credit for beating Chelsea is mad. If people have made their mind up that they want him sacked ASAP no matter what then that's fair enough I suppose, a lot of evidence is available now.

What did Ginola say?

Getting a team reasonably well organised defensively and getting the players to work hard should be the minimum you expect. League one managers like Pardew do it all the time in FA cup ties against bigger clubs.

Our win today was largely because of how poor Chelsea were (the worst I've seen them in a long time) and the individual quality of our players (Cabaye's free kick, Anita's excellent performance after a forced introduction due to injury).

And he stays. Just been a running theme of his reign. Every time we head into a match thinking it'll be the final nail in his coffin he'll somehow dig out a result against the unlikeliest of opponents.

Did you really think he'd be sacked if lost today?

He'll never be sacked under Ashley, fact. Put a true fan up there though who knows the club and I believe he'd have gone if we lost horribly today, which was hardly not out of the question going into the game. Gutless last few games, no clue, horrible line up, full-strength Chelsea. It seemed to be a recipe for that poisonous atmosphere after the first half of the 4-4.

Think I should consider it the final straw with most fans rather than final nail in the coffin.

I'd like to give Pardew the credit for this I really would. But until he gets our side looking this compact and well drilled defensively against the lesser teams then I just can't.

For me it's the typical big team are in town mentality of our players in that when we come up against Liverpool and now today Chelsea they are far more motivated. They work harder, are more worried about getting exposed so don't go missing from their positions etc (Santon/Debuchy).

I mean if we had defended anywhere near as well as this in some of our other games, such as the Hull game and the Everton away game we could be having a great season.

Guest reefatoon

Let's hope Palace were suitably impressed to come in and offer us some money for this wallop.  Come on Palace he is better than Jose!!

What's he been saying about Ashley?  :lol:

@nufcfans: AP on the win: “That was for Mike Ashley and all of the NUFC fans, because believe me, he’s a fan!” #CringeAbit #NUFC

The blokes got no pride.

Today was a team performance from us for a change, been waiting for one of these for fucking ages. This is the very least we should be expecting of this group of players on a regular basis, he is a shit, shit manager but today he got it right and long may it continue(it won't).

This basically. He got it right today and executed a great 90 mins, but all it's shown to me is that we have some very good players here, get the game plan and attitude right and Europe is back on. But we need to turn up against the lesser teams and make our superiority count to get there.

To be fair, get a draw against Liverpool, an extra time lose against Man City (where we had the chance to win first) and a win against Chelsea is fucking impressive.

Today is probably the most depressing recent reaction to a result for me.

Draw against Liverpool, beat Cardiff, beat Chelsea. With a cup game against Man City where we did pretty well and were just undone late on by their superstars. Then come into this thread and see page after page of abuse. Guess it shows how important the derby really is.

We may as well close off the Pardew thread TBH, it's clear that everyone's opinion is totally set. No credit is coming his way now, and everyone will continue to play down every positive and go mental over every negative until he's eventually sacked.

I guess it's fair enough if opinions are formed and set in stone, it's just a bit crazy how extreme and petty it has become.

It's not just the derby, although it's obviously massive it was the manner of the defeat considering the standard of the opponents.

Did well today, possibly more by luck than judgement although the gameplan was fair enough, then spoils it by reminding everyone he's arselicking patsy.