Alan Pardew

Mike

We have several outstanding players imo (I have always said that) and once in a while, they'll prove that, as they did today in the second half. The manager's job is to get the consistent best out of them and he's still shown no signs of doing so.

You could put a tramp in charge of Barcelona's players and they'd still occasionally blitz someone. It's not proof of anything when the evidence against is so consistent and overwhelming.

He's certainly making a better fist of it than last season but having personally set the bar so low himself, that in itself is not worth any congratulation whatsoever.

No, I don't agree, that couldn't explains why we can perform that well "consistently" against Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea.  We have good players but compare with them we are nothing.

My take is we will never, never get a consistent series of results because of Pardew's style.  He simply loves to play tactical game against the opponents, and he nearly did it every match. If he got it right we can get 3 points against any teams, but if he got it wrong we can also lose to any teams.  It is just like gambling. All or nothing.  We can either get a 5th finish or relegation and it is only depending on his luck.  It is fucking crazy. 

As I quickly calculated, game for game, we are 3 points better off - taking Cardiff as Wigan and Hull as Reading.

Today doesn't really change my longer-term opinion at all. He'll have us a bit further away from relegation, but we'll be in that tight mid-table pack. Get lucky and we'll have the couple of extra points to be at the upper end of that, thanks to the quality we clearly have, shown today. Those comments though man about Ashley.

Got as good a chance as any now of putting a good home run together until new year.

Would you say we're as bad as we were last season Mick?

I wouldn't say we're any better, for that to happen we need to string a few results and performances together, instead of us blowing hot and cold.

Fair enough, let's hope we manage it.

6 or so wins from 54 games of the opposition scoring first under Pardew suggests theres quite a long running issue.

When you are limited to keeping a clean sheet or scoring first to win a game, you will be inconsistant.

Well, whilst you can debate whether to give him credit for the team's performance or not, one thing is for certain, this shite about being undermined by Ashley/innear spouted in the media has been truly dispelled as myth. Those comments are disgraceful. Fuck all in the way of humility and sensitivity. He's the worst of the pack imo as at least Ashley never comes out and pretends to be on our side.

We won b/c his Plan A worked. Had he had to switch to Plan B, we know the evidence in the past of that. No bueno.

Isn't having a plan that works a good thing though?

More times than not Plan A doesn't work man, you know that. Evidenced by his shit managerial record and the lack of wins we've had over the course of the past 2 seasons.

OK, but even so. He thought of a way that he believed we could beat Chelsea, and we went and beat Chelsea. It's a bizarre kind of masochistic logic to then go 'yes, but we all know he'd have been in the shit if it hadn't worked'.

We had a good game plan and we worked well as a team. These are the qualities we haven't shown for far too many games under Pardew and that's why I'm not a fan at all. Great result and performance today though, but even a broken clock is right two times a day. He needs to show he can adapt to different teams and get the best out what is a very gifted squad of players consistently.

We've been far better this season, even if it's just for the fact we are playing better football. Points tally might be the same but nobody can deny how much our football has changed and is much more pleasing on the eye.

So far this season, we've been as inconsistent as last season.  The last 20 minutes today were good and I hope that we carry that into our next game because we're capable of playing that way.

We've been far better this season, even if it's just for the fact we are playing better football. Points tally might be the same but nobody can deny how much our football has changed and is much more pleasing on the eye.

So far this season, we've been as inconsistent as last season.  The last 20 minutes today were good and I hope that we carry that into our next game because we're capable of playing that way.

Just the last 20? Can't be serious. We nullified the threat of Hazard, Mata and Oscar. It was excellent, the work rate we put in was superb and each player did their job to a high standard. We looked to attack them when the opportunity arose but priority was to make sure we stopped Chelsea first, and we did that.

Guest bimpy474

Just the last 20? Can't be serious. We nullified the threat of Hazard, Mata and Oscar. It was excellent, the work rate we put in was superb and each player did their job to a high standard. We looked to attack them when the opportunity arose but priority was to make sure we stopped Chelsea first, and we did that.

As much as Brett is as mad as a balloon, simply cant argue with this post.

As much as Brett is as mad as a balloon, simply cant argue with this post.

:lol:

True.

The first 70 wasn't anything to shout about, the last 20 was good.

I'm going to agree with you for a change Brett, I think we are not giving ourselves enough credit for the organisation and commitment we showed as a team today. I wish we could show it more often like, and that's the issue. I think it was Mcnally in the commentary box even pointed it out, we have some very good players here.

Guest bimpy474

I'm going to agree with you for a change Brett, I think we are not giving ourselves enough credit for the organisation and commitment we showed as a team today. I wish we could show it more often like, and that's the issue. I think it was Mcnally in the commentary box even pointed it out, we have some very good players here.

Thinking the same. We deserve credit rather than Chelsea stick for not playing well. Imo we made them play poorly.

Guest bimpy474

What did he say pre-match ?

Lets win today for Mike...as the stick given out this week was harsh.

:jesuswept:

Puke inducing bollocks. Reminds us all why we should detest him.

Guest bimpy474

I'm speechless to be honest. Really struggling to believe it.

He repeated it in the post match interview too, but it wasn't so urgh. ---- 'The win is for Mike and all Newcastle fans, Mike is a fan after all.'

Not as bad but still...:(

I'm speechless to be honest. Really struggling to believe it.

He repeated it in the post match interview too, but it wasn't so urgh. ---- 'The win is for Mike and all Newcastle fans, Mike is a fan after all.'

Not as bad but still...:(

It's wretched. He sounds like Smithers.