Alan Pardew

Mike

When we finished fifth it was all built on a basic 4-4-2 with Cabaye and Tiote in the middle, a centre forward scoring for fun alongside a limited hold-up man and a sprinkling of pretty rubbish Englishmen in the side.

Sound familiar? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

When we finished fifth it was all built on a basic 4-4-2 with Cabaye and Tiote in the middle, a centre forward scoring for fun alongside a limited hold-up man and a sprinkling of pretty rubbish Englishmen in the side.

Sound familiar? :lol:

Well if you replace the rubbish Englishmen with hard working nice Frenchmen, then yes.

Guest bimpy474

Was referring to Shola and Williamson, but never mind.

You cant have been, total quality them two, Have you not been keeping up :lol:

Still think he got away with rather than justified the MYM dropping but I can't moan about the results at the moment.

I know what you mean, I would probably go for Mapou/Colo every game. But Mapou will get his chance and Willo is in good form, so it's a no-lose decision really.

Brags about strong bench in pre-match interview

:pardsgrin:

Doesn´t use it

He just meant Ben Arfa hasn't broken it yet.

Ben Arfa wasn´t mentioned at all in the context I saw. He brought up the point that he thought he had a particular strong bench today, and that both our and WBAs bench most probably would be the key for both teams to win the game.

Have to say I'm glad we went back to basics with defending.

We were scoring goals at the start of the season too but defending like amateurs. Now the fullback don't bomb on everytime like idiots and the midfield protects them.

Improved a little but getting the rub of the green at present.  Will never be convinced by this pleb.

Not a fan of his but 'rub of the green' is not right. We should have been playing against ten and Tiote's booking was risible, affecting his performance from thereon.