Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

They need to keep Bony W. Hope he does well tbh, seems like he isn't a total bellend and I quite like Swansea.

A Disco endorsement if ever I read one. :lol:

Hmm with Swansea it's what got them there.

Think it had more to do with the fact that Rodgers is a superb manager.

Monk seems like a smart guy and may understand the club, but he's not exactly wowed in his short time in charge. Still, I suppose he deserves a full summer to get his ducks in a row.

Hmm with Swansea it's what got them there.

Think it had more to do with the fact that Rodgers is a superb manager.

Monk seems like a smart guy and may understand the club, but he's not exactly wowed in his short time in charge. Still, I suppose he deserves a full summer to get his ducks in a row.

Martinez, Sousa, Rodgers, Laudrup.

There has been an emphasis on young, ball on the deck managers that goes back to the appointment of Martinez in 2007.

Listening to that guy at 47mins is the nearest that I've ever heard to how I hear myself when I talk about Pardew, at all.

Late to the party but me too. He's absolutely spot on is Nathan.

Watching some footy documentary. Fuck me football was so much more enjoyable a decade/fifteen years ago. Man. Fuck. I hate modern football.

I feel privileged to support football in an age where the quality is insanely good, and it's so accessible, but part of me really wishes I supported it 'back in the day'.

Guest firetotheworks

Depends though, you can cherry pick brilliant games from most seasons. 11/12 was excellent throughout, I thought but this season, last season and a few seasons in the early '00s were crap as well. There's always a team to watch, or a class match going on.

Watching some footy documentary. Fuck me football was so much more enjoyable a decade/fifteen years ago. Man. Fuck. I hate modern football.

I feel privileged to support football in an age where the quality is insanely good, and it's so accessible, but part of me really wishes I supported it 'back in the day'.

There used to be "characters" in football.  Hardly any of them knocking about these days.  Look at the England squad in the mid-90s versus now.

Suppose it's an effect of players being set for life by the time they're 20, with a load of minders looking after their affairs - it turns them into absolute bores.

I think this season has been one of the best in ages, from a neutral point of view. The title race has been particularly exciting cos, until Palace, I've genuinely been unsure as to which way it was gonna go. It's a pity that one of the artificial clubs has perpetuated the idea that the title still needs buying, but then I thoroughly enjoyed Liverpool bottling it.

Guest firetotheworks

England were a better team - or at least a better team to watch - in the '90s as well. Andy Cole couldn't even get in the squad ffs. :lol: Absolutely ridiculous when you think about it.

England were a better team - or at least a better team to watch - in the '90s as well. Andy Cole couldn't even get in the squad ffs. :lol: Absolutely ridiculous when you think about it.

The forwards England had available in the mid-90s was preposterous.

Massively.

Players like Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler and Les Ferdinand didn't even get that many caps.

You also had the likes of Shearer, Sheringham, Le Tissier, Sutton, Wright...

Who have I missed?

Guest firetotheworks

I know, and Paul Gascoigne as well man. Say what you want about Rooney and how he looked like he was going to be a this and that. He's been massively successful and is a fantastic footballer, but even with Gazza's failings and the lack success of professionalism that he has over Rooney, Paul Gascoigne is still comfortably the most gifted, exciting and downright brilliant players that I've ever seen play for England.

That's with me barely remembering Italia '90 as well.

Massively.

Players like Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler and Les Ferdinand didn't even get that many caps.

You also had the likes of Shearer, Sheringham, Le Tissier, Sutton, Wright...

Who have I missed?

Owen in the latter 90's.