Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Guest firetotheworks

Oh it's Mike! For some reason I misread 'Mike' as 'Dave'

Easy mistake.

They'll just keep their current nickname: "El Pupas" (loosely translatable as "star-crossed")

So they've got a history with this type of thing?

It was coined after their last CL final in the 70s, when they surrendered a lead against Bayern in injury time. They sort of developed a tradition of being unlucky and defeatist since then.

Incidentally, the Madrid city council wants to install a jumbo TV in Plaza del Sol so both sets of fans can watch the final together. Awful idea, unless they want to enclose it and turn it into a sort of Mad Max Thunderdome.

Andy Cole didn't even get into the PFA team of the Year despite scoring a record 34 goals in 93-94.

He was so good that year, at the time he reminded me of an older Jermaine Beckford.

Incidentally, the Madrid city council wants to install a jumbo TV in Plaza del Sol so both sets of fans can watch the final together. Awful idea, unless they want to enclose it and turn it into a sort of Mad Max Thunderdome.

That is a recipe for disaster :lol:

If Athletico fail to win the Champions League and La Liga, will they be known as Dosletico like Leverkusen were Vizekusen?

:lol: Bayer has actually registered "Vizekusen" as a trademark for some reason. Interestingly, they were also the second team to play all possible fixtures in a season, Liverpool having beaten them to it the year before :D They must therefore have been the first side to have played all possible fixtures and won nothing, so there's that, I guess.

193. Missed a couple I should have got. Chimbonda ffs. When did that happen?

Had an excellent season, then I remember him signing for Tottenham and being absolute shit and on huge money or something like that.

Was Chimbonda the player who had his transfer request tucked into his sock last game of the season?