Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

I always voluntereed to go in goal in what the article calls Wembleys  :blush: (we called them Taqui-Gol in Spain, I still don't know why)

Our rule against goalhanging was that you had to run out of the box if you stole the ball or caught a rebound - otherwise if you scored it wouldn't count. Clean and simple.

Penner or goal?/Penalty or goal? - THE most arrogant rule in playground football and a logical trick: the team who scored a contentious (i.e. illegitimate) goal offers the defending team the option of conceding a goal or, ostensibly reasonably, a penalty despite neither being the correct outcome under FIFA's Laws of the Game. A team may play this card whenever a ball goes close to being over the outside of the post (see above).

Hated, HATED that.

Can honestly say I've never heard of that rule.

At school we used to play 2nd years v 3rd years and 4th years v 5th years. I don't know what the fuck that equates to in the new style year 8 system we appear to have stole from the yanks, and I care even less. The contentious goal rule was very simple, the older team got the benefit of the doubt. The younger team kept their gob shut for fear of getting their heads kicked in.

Startlingly they missed out 'don't sit on it, you'll egg it!' and 'no mooching/no blasties'

Our Wallsend Boys Club team was called No Blasties like, on account of playing football with me dad in goal and him always saying it.  He was the "manager".

Guest firetotheworks

Remember fog sec lag for first, second, last? What the fuck was that about?

Honestly though, there were so many days I just didn't go for my dinner because I was playing football.