Still Not Worthy Of A Thread

joeyt

Collymore sacked by Talksport.

How come?

No confirmation of why yet but probably to do with the recent take over by News Corp.

:thup: I didn't even know it's been taken over tbqh. I don't listen very often but thought, at times, Collymore was fairly cerebral compared to other ex-pro's doing similar gigs.

Collymore has never held back in his opinions of Murdoch, he's been pretty derogatory at times tbh so it was never gonna end well.

Ugh. He's starting a new show over here now. God damn it.

How come?

No confirmation of why yet but probably to do with the recent take over by News Corp.

:thup: I didn't even know it's been taken over tbqh. I don't listen very often but thought, at times, Collymore was fairly cerebral compared to other ex-pro's doing similar gigs.

Collymore has never held back in his opinions of Murdoch, he's been pretty derogatory at times tbh so it was never gonna end well.

Collymore? Surprised he's got a gig over there with his criminal record.

How come?

Its just a radio show, it'll probably just be recorded over there. Half of them are.

How come?

Its just a radio show, it'll probably just be recorded over there. Half of them are.

Ah fair enough :thup:.

Barton:

"It is disgusting. The club I played for wouldn't have treated a player that had been a servant for as long as Joe has in the manner that it has," Barton said.

"He is a full international, somebody who, probably before City took the money, could have gone on to bigger and better things himself but stayed and wanted to be at City.

"I don't see what he has done wrong to be treated the way he has. It is common human decency, regardless of how good a coach you are. Why treat him like that?"

What's the big deal ffs? He's been dropped for a GK the manager thinks is better :lol:  That's generally what happens in football

The cult of personality that surrounds Joe Hart from some of the media is baffling like. Especially compared to the way that they've hung past England goalkeepers out to dry.

Aye, they make out like he's head and shoulders above the rest.

It's hilarious how Barton feels he can comment on the goings-on at Man City with any credibility.  Didn't exactly represent them very well himself:

2004:

February

Barton red-carded for the first time in Manchester City's FA Cup fourth-round tie at Tottenham, for two bookable offences.

April

Barton storms out of Eastlands before kick-off after being axed from team to face Southampton.

July

Criticised by City manager Kevin Keegan for causing mass brawl in a pre-season friendly at Doncaster.

December

Stubs lit cigar in the eye of young team-mate Jamie Tandy during City's Christmas party. Fined six weeks' wages by the club. Forced to pay four weeks' salary - approximately £60,000 - immediately, with a further two weeks suspended for a year. Tandy later sued Barton, winning £65,000 in damages.

2005:

July

Involved in altercation with a 15-year-old Everton fan at City's team hotel in Bangkok during a pre-season tour. Fined eight weeks' wages by City after being found guilty of gross misconduct.

2006:

September

Drops his shorts in the direction of Everton fans following City's 1-1 draw at Goodison Park.

December - Shown the second red card of his career - this time a straight red - for a two-footed lunge on Abdoulaye Faye in City's 2-0 home defeat to Bolton.

2007:

May

Suspended by City after training-ground altercation with Ousmane Dabo, which leaves his team-mate needing hospital treatment. Charged with assault, and on July 1 2008 receives a four-month suspended jail sentence. Also punished by FA with a 12-match ban - six matches of which are suspended and a £25,000 fine.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bad-boy-joey-bartons-bust-ups-862234

Guest firetotheworks

But Neil, he tells it like it is. It doesn't matter if he doesn't tell you the bit about how he wasn't a very good footballer like it is.