Summer shake-up

Tiresias

What I went for on the chronicle survey:

2 x CB, Someone to compete with Staylor/cover for when he's out most of the season, replacement for Colo (MYM is this imo but we still need another body in when Colo leaves)

Out and out wide player/winger, as Cisse isn't an option there.

Quick striker to help out/come on for Cisse when he's ineffective as Shola isn't an option.

Replacement for any 'purples' that leave.

Wouldn't actively be pushing anyone out the door other than:

Gosling

Harper

Simpson

Gosling hasn't shown anything to demonstrate he can do a job for us, and is holding back the development of better players beneath him in the pecking order.

Harper has been a good servant and Simpson's contract looks like it won't be renewed.

Apart from that, unless we're getting upgrades I wouldn't push anyone out.

:thup: + more loan moves for youngsters instead of them stagnating here.

Get rid of:

Simpson/Gosling/Harps/Obertan/Williamson

I would not sell:

Krul/Ben Arfa - They are game changers for me

I would consider BIG bids for:

Cabaye/Tiote/Cisse... I think we can replace them

Try hard to keep Colo!!

If we didn't sell anyone and got rid of those above we would need:

Two Centre backs

Right/Left Back

Two strikers

Left winger

If I had to choose between Benteke and Cisse, I would go for Benteke.

If I had to choose between Carrol and Cisse, it would depend on having real wingers and a different style of play.

If Percy doesn't get this team playing quicker passes from midfield Cisse is always going to be offside. He's really talented and I don't think it's his fualt he hasn't scored so much this season as the service has been poor apart from when Marv has been on the pitch. If we got a bid of 15M+ I would sell... Hope I eat words next season

If I had to choose between Benteke and Cisse, I would go for Benteke.

If I had to choose between Carrol and Cisse, it would depend on having real wingers and a different style of play.

If Percy doesn't get this team playing quicker passes from midfield Cisse is always going to be offside. He's really talented and I don't think it's his fualt he hasn't scored so much this season as the service has been poor apart from when Marv has been on the pitch. If we got a bid of 15M+ I would sell... Hope I eat words next season

Forget about Benteke, he certainly wont be coming to Newcastle

Guest Roger Kint

Selling Cisse would be a massive mistake.

Under Pardew, I don't know if it would be. Our style of play/system doesn't suit him.

He has 26 in 56 under Pardew including his spells on the wing. I agree with Ian that it would be a mistake.

The right man would never ever put Cisse on the wing though. I've felt really sorry for him this season as he's had no service except the ball being smacked up from defence or a pathetic cross from midfield.

If the manager is going to hang on and loiter for a bit longer then the shake up needs to begin with him. You have to hope to god he's going be self critical and analyse what he's doing wrong as opposed to the injuries stuff he just bleats on about in front of the cameras. The tactics, the formation, the set pieces, these are all colossal cock ups at the moment and until they're addressed we won't go anywhere.

For me he doesn't look like he knows how to change it or is too stubborn to acknowledge his own pitfalls but it'll be interesting to hear on friday if any mildly challenging questions get through to him on the phone in.

If the manager is going to hang on and loiter for a bit longer then the shake up needs to begin with him. You have to hope to god he's going be self critical and analyse what he's doing wrong as opposed to the injuries stuff he just bleats on about in front of the cameras. The tactics, the formation, the set pieces, these are all colossal cock ups at the moment and until they're addressed we won't go anywhere.

For me he doesn't look like he knows how to change it or is too stubborn to acknowledge his own pitfalls but it'll be interesting to hear on friday if any mildly challenging questions get through to him on the phone in.

I know he's stereotyped on here as a complete moron, but I don't think it's out of the question that Pardew will learn things from this season.

Guest Phil K

Sell Cisse!!!  Have people lost their minds?

I'd just been shaking my head in disbelief at that too. Alone, he's still won us a number of points with good goals some last kick.

Incredible that people would sell him. was even more amazed how few WERE outraged at the idea

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Providing nobody except Colo and Harper leave, we'll need 2 CBs and a proper AM.

If Pardew isn't lying out of arse as usual then we want 2 strikers.

I suspect one is a target man type like Carroll or Bony and the other will be a wide forward type.

The other 2 positions i suspect the club will target is a winger and a cb to replace Colo and Obertan who both will leave IMO.

Shola and Jonas have to go. Ideally I'd like Tiote to be replaced but unfortunately it's become too obvious what a liability he is.

Agree with this. Add Obertan to that list.

Coloccini and Cabaye will leave in my opinion. Cabaye will go to PSG for 15 to 20 mill pounds and Coloccini will be released of his contract :(.

Cabaye and Coloccini will need replacing. Would love Strootman but can see him going to a top 4 club.

Guest Roger Kint

Shola and Jonas have to go. Ideally I'd like Tiote to be replaced but unfortunately it's become too obvious what a liability he is.

Agree with this. Add Obertan to that list.

Coloccini and Cabaye will leave in my opinion. Cabaye will go to PSG for 15 to 20 mill pounds and Coloccini will be released of his contract :(.

Cabaye and Coloccini will need replacing. Would love Strootman but can see him going to a top 4 club.

Still pisses me off that Colo could expect to walk for nowt and force us to spend big replacing him.

Guest Roger Kint

And expected it halfway through a relegation battle.

Aye his timing was shocking, lots of fans will no doubt give him a standing ovation as a goodbye as well