South American football

Flip

Flip, for balance, tuned into Internacional v Atletico Miniero tonight, and it's been a cracking game. Could easily have been more goals than the 4 we've seen, including strikes for familiar faces Lopez and D'Alessandro.

Corinthians :lol:

International a good shout to win it overall.

Second leg of Superclasico tonight :fwap:, would not like to call it. Better for the competition if Boca go through I think but anything is possible.

Thinking about watching a couple of games in Brazil and Argentina in Sao Paolo/Rio/Buenos Aires. How much do you have to pay for a ticket? Can you buy outside of the stadiums? Any special recommendations? When's the game day when most teams play? On weekends i assume..

£5-25 for Argentina depending where you stand/sit and who you see.

You can buy from the ticket office at everyone bar Boca who'll you'll have to go to via a tour agency or risk it with a tout & getting a fake outside the ground if you're Spanish isn't too bad. Very few games sell out and a lot of teams have offices in downtown BA from which you can buy tickets too if you wanted to prebook.

There's 16 teams in Greater Buenos Aires of varying quality and ease of access in the Primera Division to choose from and games run Friday-Monday so you could fill your boots if you so desired.

As a rule of thumb, platea = side stands, Popular = ultra's behind the goal.

Brazilian games very rarely sell out so you'll be able to buy on the day no problem. Maracana is easy to get too n all, just hop on the Metro :thup:

Hope Boca are suspended for a season or two. That is just disgusting.

It's a deliberate attempt at hurting the players. We have trouble of fan problems, but when players can't feel secure than something must change.

Probably the most likely they've been to doing something in the Libertadores for an age too, senseless. They had a drone kicking about mocking River n all.

It's usually a 0-3 match award if anything like this happens, plus surely they'll close the ground for a few future games.

Would love a Internacional v Cruzeiro/River final. Never realized Internacional had such a strong squad for this years Libertadores.

Aye, was having a gander yesterday. They've got a really strong spine in South American terms. Rever, Aranguiz, D'Alessandro and Lisandro could all function as a fair level in Europe.

Hopefully it'll be a multi-national final and the Mexicans get knocked out soon.

Would love a Internacional v Cruzeiro/River final. Never realized Internacional had such a strong squad for this years Libertadores.

Aye, was having a gander yesterday. They've got a really strong spine in South American terms. Rever, Aranguiz, D'Alessandro and Lisandro could all function as a fair level in Europe.

Hopefully it'll be a multi-national final and the Mexicans get knocked out soon.

Rever seems to have been benched as well. Juan, Alex, Jorge Henrique and even Rafael Moura are all very experienced players as well.

Aye, the Brazilian in me says I want Internacional v Cruzeiro, but the South American in me wants Internacional v River (actually Boca, but doubt we'll see Boca after tha game last night). Be a great game I'd imagine. Especially with D'Alessandro having played for River and Lisandro for Racing.

if I'm still on late shift in a month's time then the kick off times for the Copa America work out excellently. :fwap:

Expecting an Argie/Brazil final, if that's possible.

if I'm still on late shift in a month's time then the kick off times for the Copa America work out excellently. :fwap:

Expecting an Argie/Brazil final, if that's possible.

I'm putting money on Chile. Very good team as shown at the World Cup and bet their fans are going to be immense. Also if everything goes according to plan Brazil would have to play Argentina in the semi's while Chile would probably take on Colombia.

Brazil v Uruguay in the quarters most probably as well.

Uruguay are gash (and without Suarez) though.

As long as Argentina play Brazil at some stage I'll be satisfied.

Last Copa was shite in terms of goals and quality so hopefully it's a good spectacle if nowt else. Hard to see it not being given the attacking talent on show.

If Messi plays like he has this season, i mean in terms of decision making and not goals i can't see Argentina being stopped. If this Messi was at the WC he'd have a WC winners medal to his name, when he decides to play like this he's pretty much unstoppable.

Messi and Aguero both coming in to scintillating form at just the right time. Midfield would be a worry for me given how poor Di Maria has been but at least if nowt else he'll be fresh.

Only thing that speaks for Brazil in this is the fact that Neymar is even better for the national side and that Dunga knows how to win (as well as having beat all of these teams in friendlies in the last 12 months).

However, Chile v Argentina with Chile winning with their fans behind.

Boca get thrown out of the Libertadores, plus 4 international matches behind closed doors, and can't sell away tickets for a further 4 international matches. They get fined 200 000$

They got off very lightly imho. CONMEBOL have dropped the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

River absolutely destroyed Cruzeiro away from home in the return leg last night. Cruzeiro had won 1-0 in Argentina, but despite that River came to Brazil and beat them 3-0.

Means an international final though :thup:

They qualified as the weakest team n all. The gas bloke from Boca will be looking even more of a bellend if they go on to win the thing .

Means an international final though :thup:

They qualified as the weakest team n all. The gas bloke from Boca will be looking even more of a bellend if they go on to win the thing .

:thup: Hoping for a River v Internacional. Can't stand seeing Tigres there. They're not even a South American team. Also, great stuff from Santa Fe getting three players sent off in the game v Internacional

If in doubt, go out in a furious flurry of cards and aggro. The South American way :fwap:

Aye, hopefully Racing will overturn Guarani too, sick of these no mark Paraguayans doing well in this.

Cruzeiro sacked their manager after winning two consecutive league titles and having a bad start to this season :lol: Seems a bit harsh especially considering they sold their three best players and their new players have been poor.