2013 Confederations Cup - Brazil 3 - 0 Spain

ponsaelius

Forgive my ignorance, but is there still much heat in that Brazil/Uruguay thing? Should be a serious match, right?

Most definitely. It's not the same as back in the days, but that's been mostly down to Uruguay being a much inferior team to Brazil. Now that they're on the up since the last WC it's going to be a heated match between both sides.

Suarez, Perez, Lugano, Godin, Pereira, Gargagno v Neymar, Dani Alves, Luiz Gustavo, David Luiz, Marcelo it could get very intense.

Forgive my ignorance, but is there still much heat in that Brazil/Uruguay thing? Should be a serious match, right?

Most definitely. It's not the same as back in the days, but that's been mostly down to Uruguay being a much inferior team to Brazil. Now that they're on the up since the last WC it's going to be a heated match between both sides.

Suarez, Perez, Lugano, Godin, Pereira, Gargagno v Neymar, Dani Alves, Luiz Gustavo, David Luiz, Marcelo it could get very intense.

Very debatable tbh, they have been decidedly poor since winning the Copa and Forlan retiring leading to them currently in 5th place for qualifying.

They are not the same team they was 2 years ago, think you will win comfortably should you face them.

Very debatable tbh, they have been decidedly poor since winning the Copa and Forlan retiring leading to them currently in 5th place for qualifying.

They are not the same team they was 2 years ago, think you will win comfortably should you face them.

Right, I worded it kind of wrong. What I mean is that they've been enjoying success lately and been a far superior team than the 5th or 6th best in South America that they were during the early 2000s in South America. They have a very good manager in Tabarez and good players like Suarez and Cavani who are starting to become one of the best in their positions in the world. Problem for them is that they lack a creative midfield, and it was no surprise that they were better against Nigeria than they have been when Forlan played behind Suarez and Cavani.

They were not good overall against Nigeria and the winning goal came when they'd switched to a 3 up front with Forlan left and Cavani right. When they had Forlan in behind the other two they were particularly awful.

They were not good overall against Nigeria and the winning goal came when they'd switched to a 3 up front with Forlan left and Cavani right. When they had Forlan in behind the other two they were particularly awful.

:thup:

Didn't watch the game, but heard they were better against Nigeria than against Spain. They need someone to control and dictate the game for them. Lodeiro is their only option to be that creative outlet. They stack up with 'tacklers' centrally in midfield but who are completely inept at passing a ball.

Didn't watch the game, but heard they were better against Nigeria than against Spain. They need someone to control and dictate the game for them. Lodeiro is their only option to be that creative outlet. They stack up with 'tacklers' centrally in midfield but who are completely inept at passing a ball.

Whole team reminded me of ours, i.e. a mess with some exciting individual components. Just looked a total shoehorn.

Been that way for a while. Most times I've watched them recently it's rely on Suarez (or Cavani if he isn't playing) to magic something up. Felip is right in their midfield just isn't up to it but Ramirez & Lodeiro aside they've not got a lot of other options and even those 2 are lacking international finesse.