RIP Joe Kinnear (1946-2024)

Anderson

Hes just another blocker/gobshite to bullshit the fans...job done.  Alot of people are finally wakin up to their constant bullshit and excuses.

Ashley is stripping all revenue out of the club to get his money back.  The only way we can generate transfer funds is to sell assests and hope the replacement asset is also sellable or our squad will atand still.

Well clearly his squad assessment since moving here has concluded the squad is in good shape and no-one was needed to improve or leave the squad at present.

And he would be correct...

Krul

Debuchy – Mapou – Colo – Santon

Sissoko – Cabaye – Anita

Ben Arfa – Cisse – Remy

Elliot

Taylor – Taylor – Williamson – Haidara

Jonas – Gosling – Tiote – Marveaux

Ameobi – Gouffran

Ameobi

Obertan

Dummett

Bigirimana

Vuckic

Good

Tavernier

Alnwick

Amalfitano

Well clearly his squad assessment since moving here has concluded the squad is in good shape and no-one was needed to improve or leave the squad at present.

And he would be correct...

Krul

Debuchy – Mapou – Colo – Santon

Sissoko – Cabaye – Anita

Ben Arfa – Cisse – Remy

Elliot

Taylor – Taylor – Williamson – Haidara

Jonas – Gosling – Tiote – Marveaux

Ameobi – Gouffran

Ameobi

Obertan

Dummett

Bigirimana

Vuckic

Good

Tavernier

Alnwick

Amalfitano

So our starting Target man is: _______________________ ?

Guest bimpy474

proving us all wrong here and just how great a director of football he is.............

I dont think it's just him, Ashley wont spend so its a futile thing being our DOF or the role Llambias had.

proving us all wrong here and just how great a director of football he is.............

I dont think it's just him, Ashley wont spend so its a futile thing being our DOF or the role Llambias had.

Its the second best job in the premier league (behind 3rd choice keeper) DOF in charge of transfers for a team that doesn't do transfers

Feel sorry for him that he will get all the blame from the media. Only one man to blame.

I suspect he knew what he was getting in too. He's not as daft as looks.

Job duties:

Undermine manager - tick

Take flak away from Mike - tick

Unsettle key players with daft comments - tick

Embarrass NUFC fans massively - tick

Take money for a favour for a mate - tick

Don't see how anyone can hold the Douglas deal against him, I think it was the right move, something not right with his character IMHO, and too many hanger-ons wanting paying for just knowing his name.

Glad we stayed clear, MYM & colo to form a formidable partnership, Taylor to back them up, we don't need Douglas what we need is a young English cb to replace Williamson.

from George Caulkin via some tweet longer thing to united for newcastle on twitter

Couple of things. Firstly and most seriously, it's important you know that your frustration, dismay, disappointment - all those things - is understood and appreciated. It really is. It's also shared. I've watched NUFC all my life which - I'm 43, although look MUCH younger - includes a large proportion of time outside the PL and a lot of mediocrity. It's an old, old, old refrain, but I yearn for the day when supporters have a club worthy of their support. I've long since given up holding my breath.

Secondly, that frustration is channeled in the media. If you've read Lee or Mark's pieces recently, you'll know that. I've written about Joe Kinnear. In the past, I've written a long piece in the paper which repeatedly stated 'Ashley Out'. At the moment, short of putting our hands around Alan Pardew's neck, shaking him vigorously and shouting "WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE ALAN? ANSWER ME ALAN?" there's not a lot more to be done. I had a decent relationship with Derek Llambias - for all that I hated some of the decisions - and used that to get steers on signings or non-signings and was able to ask the sort of financial questions you mention. There was a plan. A structure. There's now a vacuum. Persistent attempts to get answers from Mike Ashley have got nowhere and Joe Kinnear's evidence simply isn't reliable. We can observe, attempt to explain and criticise, but the people who need to be asked 'the hard questions' aren't listening. But at least have a look and see what's out there. There's a lot of froth, I'd grant you, but there are some good, hard-hitting articles, too.

Thirdly - and this is the least important part, but I want to say it anyway - I'm not on twitter to provide a rolling news service or, indeed, counselling for anger management. I'm here because I choose to be. I enjoy the conversation, the exchange of information and opinion. Sometimes it's black humour, but I'm also here to have fun. I don't want to spend my working life feeling constantly angry, because I've done that before and it's corrosive. Think of the 'joke tweets' as my way of showing my frustration.

Best wishes,

George.

from George Caulkin via some tweet longer thing to united for newcastle on twitter

Couple of things. Firstly and most seriously, it's important you know that your frustration, dismay, disappointment - all those things - is understood and appreciated. It really is. It's also shared. I've watched NUFC all my life which - I'm 43, although look MUCH younger - includes a large proportion of time outside the PL and a lot of mediocrity. It's an old, old, old refrain, but I yearn for the day when supporters have a club worthy of their support. I've long since given up holding my breath.

Secondly, that frustration is channeled in the media. If you've read Lee or Mark's pieces recently, you'll know that. I've written about Joe Kinnear. In the past, I've written a long piece in the paper which repeatedly stated 'Ashley Out'. At the moment, short of putting our hands around Alan Pardew's neck, shaking him vigorously and shouting "WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE ALAN? ANSWER ME ALAN?" there's not a lot more to be done. I had a decent relationship with Derek Llambias - for all that I hated some of the decisions - and used that to get steers on signings or non-signings and was able to ask the sort of financial questions you mention. There was a plan. A structure. There's now a vacuum. Persistent attempts to get answers from Mike Ashley have got nowhere and Joe Kinnear's evidence simply isn't reliable. We can observe, attempt to explain and criticise, but the people who need to be asked 'the hard questions' aren't listening. But at least have a look and see what's out there. There's a lot of froth, I'd grant you, but there are some good, hard-hitting articles, too.

Thirdly - and this is the least important part, but I want to say it anyway - I'm not on twitter to provide a rolling news service or, indeed, counselling for anger management. I'm here because I choose to be. I enjoy the conversation, the exchange of information and opinion. Sometimes it's black humour, but I'm also here to have fun. I don't want to spend my working life feeling constantly angry, because I've done that before and it's corrosive. Think of the 'joke tweets' as my way of showing my frustration.

Best wishes,

George.

I do like mr Caulkin i admit

The only thing that could make any sense in this total lack of spending is that the tv money etc is going back into Ashley's pocket to repay the loans to allow the club to be available forsale at a sensible price

Even that seems a far to positive thought

The only thing that could make any sense in this total lack of spending is that the tv money etc is going back into Ashley's pocket to repay the loans to allow the club to be available forsale at a sensible price

Even if he takes back 20 million a year we're still looking at least 5 or 6 years before it gets down to a realistic value for anyone to be interested in buying.

No point trying to rationalise anything other than a sale of the club or the club as a sheer revenue point. The sale of the club is the only positive, albeit unlikely outcome going for this omnishambles of a club.