RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Mick Harford feels that Kinnear’s experience and knowledge of football makes him an asset for United – and his appointment should be seen as a “good thing” for Alan Pardew.

“First and foremost Joe is a very close friend of mine. He is excellent – he’s tactically very aware of what is going on and believe me, he has a fantastic relationship with everybody at every football club he goes to,” Harford told The Journal.

“He’s a proper football man and he probably doesn’t get the credit he deserves.

“He’s got this fantastic experience and knowledge and while I wouldn’t compare him to someone like Sir Bobby Robson – who was a one-off – he has that sort of knowledge of the game from a long time ago.

“Joe is very popular at the football clubs he works for.

“He will go in and get to know the chairman, the kit man, the tea lady – he will get to know what makes people tick and he won’t go in there with an agenda.

“He’s a football man and that’s what he will want to do – make the club better.

“He’s managed in the Premier League, he’s managed in Thailand, he’s managed at the lower levels and he does have connections.

“I think it is a very, very good appointment for Alan Pardew too. He’s got that breadth of experience.”

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mick-harford-joe-kinnear-great-4714987

That was the Journal article from last week. Pardew's time is numbered.

Guest bimpy474

Do we know if he's ever scouted and seen, recommended players at all. I know Kinnear has, for Wenger of all people. But Harford ?

Do we know if he's ever scouted and seen, recommended players at all. I know Kinnear has, for Wenger of all people. But Harford ?

Didn't know Kinnear scouted for Wenger.

Guest bimpy474

Kinnear scouted for Wenger?

Yeah, no idea who or what came of it, but he did yes.

Guest bimpy474

Thing is with scouting, that could have meant watching the opposition for an upcoming game etc. Doesn't always mean looking for players to buy.

Guest bimpy474

Did Kinnear make his scouting for Arsenal claim and has it ever been confirmed?  My guess is that it's probably only true in his head and nowhere else.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsene-wenger-sends-well-message-1451377

It's true mate.

That doesn't confirm anything, it's no different to when his recent bullshit was quoted.

Ryder lying too then ?

Director of football with an assistant :lol:. Isn't that just a scout?

Our DoF has two assistants, fwiw.

:shifty:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a8f51fb42a5838e3a7f77fa043d90ccf/tumblr_mm8u8d6cCl1qz8x31o1_400.gif

edit: :lol: I feel like this is way more dickish than I wanted it to be.

Nah. :lol: You're responding to a guy whose idea of low points was going 2 years without a trophy :lol: "right there with you toon army *taps fist to heart twice* solidarity in suffering."

:lol: I really wonder what the Barca DoF does.

Mick Harford feels that Kinnear’s experience and knowledge of football makes him an asset for United – and his appointment should be seen as a “good thing” for Alan Pardew.

“First and foremost Joe is a very close friend of mine. He is excellent – he’s tactically very aware of what is going on and believe me, he has a fantastic relationship with everybody at every football club he goes to,” Harford told The Journal.

“He’s got this fantastic experience and knowledge and while I wouldn’t compare him to someone like Sir Bobby Robson – who was a one-off – he has that sort of knowledge of the game from a long time ago.

“He will go in and get to know the chairman, the kit man, the tea lady – he will get to know what makes people tick and he won’t go in there with an agenda.

“He’s managed in the Premier League, he’s managed in Thailand, he’s managed at the lower levels and he does have connections.

“I think it is a very, very good appointment for Alan Pardew too. He’s got that breadth of experience.”

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mick-harford-joe-kinnear-great-4714987

Sick of hearing about this fella

http://s11.postimg.org/3lqhn3qwj/proper_football_man.png

That was the Journal article from last week. Pardew's time is numbered.

And there was me thinking we needed someone with experience of the lower leagues and Thailand.