RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Guest chicken little

I might be tempting fate here but I cant wait to here JFK's explanation of his appointment of Harford

hahahaha you expect to be given an explanation at some point

welcome to north korea

Director of football with an assistant :lol:. Isn't that just a scout?

Our DoF has two assistants, fwiw.

And what players has your DOF unearthed? Barca signings are generally shit but Neymar will probably be brilliant tbf

:shifty:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a8f51fb42a5838e3a7f77fa043d90ccf/tumblr_mm8u8d6cCl1qz8x31o1_400.gif

edit: :lol: I feel like this is way more dickish than I wanted it to be.

Guest bimpy474

The fuck? A DOF with an assistant? Mick Harford? Fuck off FFS.

All DOF have assistants, we've never heard of them for two reasons. We dont follow other clubsto the detail we follow our own, and more importantly, most clubs wouldn't employ a geriatric tourettes sufferer, who then picks a caveman like Harford as their assistant.

But to think DOF dont have assistants is just wrong.

Guest chopey

I bet most other DOF assistants will be little middle aged women who answer calls, sort out travel arrangements and take messages not what we have just been lumbered with

Guest bimpy474

I bet most other DOF assistants will be little middle aged women who answer calls, sort out travel arrangements and take messages not what we have just been lumbered with

That's a PA/Secretary, you know full well it'll be someone with a bit of football and financial knowledge. And that's where it looks dumb, while we can argue about Harford's football ability and knowledge, but his financial knowledge would be limited.

I know this isn't going to be popular but i actually think we are over reacting, not to the appointment which is shit, but the actual role. I think it is as Kinnear's assistant to go with him looking at players etc. Don't get me wrong i still detest both appointments.

If Ashley's plan is to make people sympathetic towards Pardew, it's starting to work.

If his plan is to force Pardew out, he's an idiot.

If his plan is that Kinnear and Harford at the helm will make us a better club, then he's a massive idiot.

Guest chopey

I still think Kinnear will be in charge by our first home game against West Ham and Harford will assist, it makes me sick to think a few years ago we had Sir Bobby Robson in charge who was a class act in everything he did for the club and he improved our profile and standing in football like no other man could of. We are now a laughing stock and we dangle off the premier league like a cheap ill fitting Lonsdale shirt.

what is he going to do exactly?

Manager-in-waiting.

Really though what motivation does JK have for getting players over the line?  Surely he'll just be waiting for Pardew to fail so he can swoon back in.

If these two are the alternative, I fully support Pardew trolling his way to the end of his contract. Just to annoy Kinnear and Ashley.

I don't really care. Pardew is a shite manager and if you asked me whether I'd rather have him over JFK/Harford I'd have to give it serious thought. That's how clueless I think he is.

Maybe a simplistic 2 + 2 comment to make but it all seems like manoevering putting more power in JFKs hands. Someone who has openly expressed a desire to return to management in a position above the current manager now with his assistant arriving. Hmmm

Guest bimpy474

what is he going to do exactly?

Manager-in-waiting.

Really though what motivation does JK have for getting players over the line?  Surely he'll just be waiting for Pardew to fail so he can swoon back in.

:mince:

Guest bimpy474

If these two are the alternative, I fully support Pardew trolling his way to the end of his contract. Just to annoy Kinnear and Ashley.

I don't really care. Pardew is a shite manager and if you asked me whether I'd rather have him over JFK/Harford I'd have to give it serious thought. That's how clueless I think he is.

Yep, what an absolutely tragic way to have to think, that's how poor Pardew really is.

I don't really care. Pardew is a s**** manager and if you asked me whether I'd rather have him over JFK/Harford I'd have to give it serious thought. That's how clueless I think he is.

Yep, what an absolutely tragic way to have to think, that's how poor Pardew really is.

True dat mind.

:shifty:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/a8f51fb42a5838e3a7f77fa043d90ccf/tumblr_mm8u8d6cCl1qz8x31o1_400.gif

edit: :lol: I feel like this is way more dickish than I wanted it to be.

Nah. :lol: You're responding to a guy whose idea of low points was going 2 years without a trophy :lol: "right there with you toon army *taps fist to heart twice* solidarity in suffering."