RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Interested to see who will come in. Actually quite like the idea of Llambias coming in, better the devil you know etc.

Fingers crossed thats the end of Kinnear at this club.

Llambias coming in would mean Ashley planning to stay on.

Nobody coming in would signal the end.

Or someone to over see the sale ... Hopefully...

Sell Cabaye, add £20-40m TV money to the £45m net profit, sign a player or two for £10-15m total in the summer and people will happily buy into MA's deceits again. This January will be forgotten in a flash.

Mourinho-level mind games that.

I don't think this scapegoat theory rings true at all. For someone who gives as little of a shit as Ashley does about his public image or popularity rating to mess with the executive structure of the club for that reason? No. It'll be a professional reason, such as that JFK is a loud-mouthed simpleton and difficult to work with.

First of all, he does care, it's been proven multiple times. Llambias told everyone to stop calling him names or we wouldn't buy any players. Secondly, you think Ashley didn't know what JFK was like before he appointed him for the second time?

When will Ashley actually start taking this shit seriously and appoint some professional people instead of mates of mates....

He would have a much easier life if he went ahead and hired some professional bods...

SAdly he is a man child and NUFC- Direct will end up with another Kinear-esq Knacker who will be massively underqualified to manage the role of DoF.

Sell Cabaye, add £20-40m TV money to the £45m net profit, sign a player or two for £10-15m total in the summer and people will happily buy into MA's deceits again. This January will be forgotten in a flash.

Mourinho-level mind games that.

It's just shocking how easy it's been for most fans to have been deluded since the start. Using transfer fees to pay wages? You're f*cking joking me. That's what the TV money is FOR. We've hideously underspent and we're being bled dry. I've said it before, a couple of gates of <5k and he's gone. Do what needs to be done.

Guest Brazilianbob

Contrary to popular opinion regarding Ashley, we all know he wanted to have someone in place to advise him on football matters who he trusted, hence JFK DOF.  This resignation smacks of Ashley really being furious at the sale of Cabaye with no replacement.  Cabaye was his favourite player and whilst we all know he couldnt give a t*ss what we fans thought of Cabaye going he must have told JFK in no uncertain terms that he was far from happy at his failure to sign any permanent replacement(s) and told to eithr jump or be pushed.

What did Kinnear actually do, apart from having his photo taken with Remy?

Deflect the blame from the regime basically.

I would say he made Ashley look bad more than anything. It's not like anyone actually thought "Joe Kinnear is useless, he's letting Mike Ashley down big time".

If this is as a direct result of selling Cabaye and Saturday's fiasco I'd take it over a panic signing and a win over the Mackems. If we'd scraped a draw at the weekend the chances are he'd still be here.

Ashley doesn't like losing money in business and perhaps the fans can make a difference after all. It would be nice to hear from Mr Ashley.

Contrary to popular opinion regarding Ashley, we all know he wanted to have someone in place to advise him on football matters who he trusted, hence JFK DOF.  This resignation smacks of Ashley really being furious at the sale of Cabaye with no replacement.  Cabaye was his favourite player and whilst we all know he couldnt give a t*ss what we fans thought of Cabaye going he must have told JFK in no uncertain terms that he was far from happy at his failure to sign any permanent replacement(s) and told to eithr jump or be pushed.

If Ashley was furious with the Cabaye sale and lack of replacement, why wait til the derby defeat and subsequent ST cancellations to remove him? Kinnear's nothing more of a scapegoat to pacify the fans really.

Guest Roger Kint

Still think this is a reaction to what's happening with ST cancellations. Kudos to those of you who've done it, I think it's had some effect.

Or so they want you to think. In reality nowt has changed

Still think this is a reaction to what's happening with ST cancellations. Kudos to those of you who've done it, I think it's had some effect.

Thought they didn't care what we think?

It just stinks of reactive press to me, Ashley must have got wind of the season ticket dip by now. Another PR stunt to keep the masses mildly satisfied, as much as I hate Kinnear he's an easy scape goat.

Still 1 down 2 to go but I don't believe this is anything but papering over the cracks. Honestly if it was about not getting Cabella then I'm pretty sure Ashley could have stepped in at any time to get it over the line.

Guest Roger Kint

Thought they didn't care what we think?

I dont think they do on anything that actually means fuck all, as they dont do transfers i fail to see why this matters.

Guest The_Optimistic

Can't help thinking this diverts the attention from Ashley,  Ashley didn't give funds to JFK to buy anyway even if he was capable of producing a deal.

Anyhow, it is progress, but until Ashley starts committing to the club like us supporters do then we will never push on.

Guest Brazilianbob

If Ashley was furious with the Cabaye sale and lack of replacement, why wait til the derby defeat and subsequent ST cancellations to remove him? Kinnear's nothing more of a scapegoat to pacify the fans really.

Maybe, but you don't resign if you are doing the job you were hired to do.  As for waiting until after the derby defeat, we all saw how well we played against Norwich and JFK did say we had excellent midfielders still at the club.  If Anita had had a stormer in Cabayes position and we had trounced the mackems then Ashley may have been happy to wait until summer for a replacement.  The ensuing vitriol has clearly persuaded him that JFK didnt have a clue how to buy players.