RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I know, I know.... it's just the way I am. Aside from having a certain amount of time for Ashley, I'm reluctant to write anybody off til they've shown beyond doubt that they're not up to it. I've almost never been in favour of a managerial sacking at SJP, but I've been very against plenty of appointments. Most of them, come to think of it.

Still, once they're on board I just think - go on then, you never know. Won't help if there's pressure from the start

You've got your logic backwards mate..

I can't help it, I'm already rooting for him. I realise it is almost certainly not what is going to happen but I'd love it if he came and happened to do an awesome job

http://global3.memecdn.com/alternative-amp-quot-cool-story-bro-amp-quot_o_1445271.jpg

The only good side of this is that we were due to have another car crash season anyway with Pardew still manager, so if Kinnear's going to be hired as DOF then it might as well be now. When it goes tits up by Christmas maybe we can get rid of both of them together.

Guest tollemache

Don't see how my logic is backwards. I've often thought (Souness, Allardyce, Roeder, Dalglish...christ... a lot of them) "that is definitely not who I'd have picked and why the hell have we hired them?" but once they're in, I don't see the point of demanding their removal from the very start. It's not going to happen, and all you're doing is making it more likely that the atmosphere around the club will be crap and they'll struggle to lift the players. Wait til they demonstrate how shit they are, then demand heads.

I'm not defending hiring Kinnear here by any means. Can't fathom it at all

“I would consider something like a director of football post. But I would do that for just one reason and that is to get myself back into full-time management. If I was a director of football and the manager was struggling and got the old tin-tack, I would tell them that I’d take over.”

Joe Kinnear, June 2012.

Quotes from the Times, the rest of the article is behind a paywall if anyone can paste it?

Can't believe this is happening. It's going to get a hell of a lot worse too I feel. This kind of decision leads to relegation.

Oh by the way, he's on talksport at 10pm - I don't want to listen but I just can't help myself, it's going to be car crash radio.

“I would consider something like a director of football post. But I would do that for just one reason and that is to get myself back into full-time management. If I was a director of football and the manager was struggling and got the old tin-tack, I would tell them that I’d take over.”

Joe Kinnear, June 2012.

Quotes from the Times, the rest of the article is behind a paywall if anyone can paste it?

Can't believe this is happening. It's going to get a hell of a lot worse too I feel. This kind of decision leads to relegation.

Oh by the way, he's on talksport at 10pm - I don't want to listen but I just can't help myself, it's going to be car crash radio.

:lol: Is that honestly a real quote?

Joe Kinnear, June 2012.

:lol: Is that honestly a real quote?

Afraid so.  :'(

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/columnists/mattdickinson/article3793602.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2013_06_17