RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

Reliving his infamous rant at reporters in October 2008, Kinnear also claimed his Newcastle side had beaten Spurs that night, 2-1.

However, the incident happened on a Thursday, and the Magpies had not played since the previous Saturday - when they LOST 2-1 to Blackburn.

I like this bit. We didn't beat Tottenham 2-1 until about 3 months after he took over.

Have we still not had any official confirmation from the club?

:lol: You're a funny guy

:lol: I'm serious though, it's wildly surreal that the club's not released a statement. Unless I completely missed it.

Is it Deuce? Is it?

It's not surreal at all, it's completely fucking normal don't you know  :lol:

I for one, can not wait, to see how they are going to explain this.

It's going to be MEGA  :smug:

Reliving his infamous rant at reporters in October 2008, Kinnear also claimed his Newcastle side had beaten Spurs that night, 2-1.

However, the incident happened on a Thursday, and the Magpies had not played since the previous Saturday - when they LOST 2-1 to Blackburn.

I like this bit. We didn't beat Tottenham 2-1 until about 3 months after he took over.

See, I didn't remember, but something really didn't sit right with the whole "we beat Tottenham 2-1".

As daft as it sounds, there's still a part of me thinking that this isn't real and he has just imagined it all, it makes about as much sense as anyone wanting to hire this loon. Never have I heard someone talk so much shit, does he really think that the outright lies won't be noticed?

See, I didn't remember, but something really didn't sit right with the whole "we beat Tottenham 2-1".

As daft as it sounds, there's still a part of me thinking that this isn't real and he has just imagined it all, it makes about as much sense as anyone wanting to hire this loon. Never have I heard someone talk so much shit, does he really think that the outright lies won't be noticed?

He doesn't give a shit because he's the boss now. Joe Kinnear is the face of the club now.

This is all beyond my comprehension at this point, it really is.

Tonight has been both hilarious and mindbendingly pathetic at the same time, it's off the fucking charts.

Seriously, I'm beginning to think this is some huge internet joke on me or some shit.

Can this night have really happened?

Did I seriously hear everything I thought I heard?

If Hilter was still alive, I'd take Hitler for DoF over Kinnear.

It really is that bad. :undecided:

Is noone else now a bit hopeful that it really is just him mouthing off and it isn't true? Or am I deluded?

I mean, the things he's saying...and the fact that the club hasn't said anything...it feels like the club is just as dumbfounded as we are. :lol:

Ashley thinks Llambias hired JK, Llambias thinks Ashley hired him, Pardew thinks they're in cahoots to oust him, and Carr is watching a 14-year old in some French local league, oblivious to everything.

He added something like "why weren't the media saying "well done"?" :lol:

Is noone else now a bit hopeful that it really is just him mouthing off and it isn't true? Or am I deluded?

A bit of both really. There's no way the club wouldn't deny it if it wasn't true, they just couldn't let him go this far with it, but the fact that they still haven't said anything is really weird and is a last, tiny straw to clutch at.

It would be the best thing they've ever done though if it was all just a big prank on Joe like :lol:

After listening to the Talksport interview, I'm confident that this can't happen. If not Pardo the Llambezy or Carr or Ashley himself is going to listen to that and do something.

He might have nothing but contempt for the club, he might have made a drunken mistake, he might have made an honest mistake and tried to help his friend. But Ashley can't listen to that and trust him with his investment (which is what this club is to him).

I'm clinging on to hope that Mike is keeping quite to show us how bad it could be. If he ends up not actually being appointed we're all going to love Pardew. I realise I am really clutching at straws.

Not fucking half :lol: