RIP Joe Kinnear (1946–2024)

Anderson

I couldn't bring myself to listen to the deluded fool but I have to say, the craic on here, in this thread, was fantastic tonight. I've been pissing myself laughing.

This place has a knack of making the most dire situation, funny.

:thup:

P.S Fuck off football.

This :thup:

Guest ItalianMagpie

What's with the thread titles? :lol:

Just listened to the whole interview. Did I hear him say he signed Krul?

Yeah he said that :lol:

Fucking hell, I missed that one. :lol:

What??? You don't know this already??? You don't know the JFK signed Tim Krul???

Some supporter you are.  :lol:

Yes, he said an outright fucking lie, live on National Radio.  (one of many many lies btw)

Been in a civ hole all day, come out and just caught up with all this madness. Fuck me I thought ssns interview was bad. I've still not heard this one, just viewed this thread in sheer disbelief.

Been in a civ hole all day, come out and just caught up with all this madness. Fuck me I thought ssns interview was bad. I've still not heard this one, just viewed this thread in sheer disbelief.

Prepare your ears for 14 minutes of pure unadulterated madness and a really nice insult right at the end.

It fucking incredulous.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joe-kinnears-newcastle-return-mistake-filled-1959361?

Newcastle fans claim their club has been turned into a laughing stock after new director of football Joe Kinnear gave a cringeworthy defence of his job .

The former Toon boss gave a radio interview a day after he announced himself that he had taken the position at St James’ Park.

Kinnear took to the airwaves after the appointment was greeted with widespread criticism from the Magpies' fans.

But instead of clarifying his position, he launched into a gaffe-strewn rant against the fans and media, while repeatedly getting the names wrong of players and management wrong – including pronouncing Yohan Cabaye as ‘Cabab’.

He also claimed to have signed a player who had already been at the club for several years when he arrived.

He referred to managing director Derek Lambias as ‘Lambezee’, Yohan Cabaye as ‘Cababs’, Shola Ameobi as 'Amanobi', Jonas Gutierrez as 'Gaultierez' and Hatem Ben Arfa as both ‘Ben Afrie’ and 'Ben Afra'.

When asked about supporter unrest, he said on talkSPORT: “Look at my record. These people ask what have I done. Where have these people been - on another planet? I’ve played in five Cup Finals and won the lot. I played more than 400 games for Tottenham Hotspur.

“Already they’re jumping on the bandwagon and saying, ‘look out, Pards’. But I expect it, it’s water off a duck’s a**e.”

Kinnear, who actually made 258 appearances for Spurs, said he will meet manager Alan Pardew on Tuesday as both men attempt to establish some boundaries.

The 66-year-old, who managed the Geordies in the 2008-09 season - which ended in them being relegated from the Premier League - claimed to have brought keeper Tim Krul, who made his Magpies debut in 2006, to the club.

He also claimed to have paid £50,000 for striker Dean Holdworth when Wimbledon manager (actual figure: £720,000) and to have been Manager of the Year three times (he was LMA Manager of the Year in 1994).

Reliving his infamous rant at reporters in October 2008, Kinnear also claimed his Newcastle side had beaten Spurs that night, 2-1.

However, the incident happened on a Thursday, and the Magpies had not played since the previous Saturday - when they LOST 2-1 to Blackburn.

Newcastle fans immediately took to talkSPORT and social media to express their embarrassment and anger:

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joe-kinnears-newcastle-return-mistake-filled-1959361#ixzz2WWN2sGGU

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Have we still not had any official confirmation from the club?

:lol: You're a funny guy

:lol: I'm serious though, it's wildly surreal that the club's not released a statement. Unless I completely missed it.

Guest WashyGeordie

We're not for Kennel! Oops, er, is it Kinhear...........  :sad:

Oh, what's his name...?!

Fuckin' idiot. Here we go all over again.