2014/15 Fixtures and TV selections

Magpie

Guest SweMatt

Right. I'm so depressed about all things off the pitch that I feel the need to discuss something else.

So what would be your starting XI vs Man City as it looks today?

---------------------- Krul ------------------------

Debuchy ----- Colo ------ S Taylor ------Santon

---------------------- Tiote ----------------------

------------ Cabaye -------- Sissoko ------------

Ben Arfa ------------------------------ Marveaux

---------------------- Cissé ----------------------

Subs: Elliott, Mbiwa, Haidara, Gutierrez, Campbell, Anita, Gouffran.

Would like to see Santon and Marveux getting a lot of pre season time together to link up (as with Debuchy and Ben Arfa).

Would like to see Tiote covering a huge area defensively but leave all the build-ups to Cabaye.

Would like to see Sissoko roaming over huge area box-to-box and be involved in attacks.

Would like to see Cabaye as play maker alongside Tiote.

I'm not sure if Marveaux works on the wing or not, I think his best position is central although I like the thought of Gouffran coming on in the second half and running at tired legs. I'd like to see us try the Colo-MYM partnership in pre season a few times as that should be our starting pairing in the PL. Definitely need Cabaye and Sissoko in them roles next season though (Their proper positions).

• 3 weeks later...

Monday 19th August, 2013 - Manchester City v Newcastle United (8pm kick-off), Sky Sports

Monday 30th September, 2013 - Everton v Newcastle United (8pm kick-off), Sky Sports

Saturday 19th October, 2013 - Newcastle United v Liverpool (12.45pm kick-off), BT Sport

Sunday 27th October, 2013 - Sunderland v Newcastle United (4pm kick-off), Sky Sports

Saturday 2nd November, 2013 - Newcastle United v Chelsea (12.45pm kick-off), BT Sport

Sunday 10th November, 2013 - Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United (noon kick-off), Sky Sports

Saturday 30th November, 2013 - Newcastle United v West Bromwich Albion (5.30pm kick-off), Sky Sports

BT Sports/ESPN is a right pisser. Even subscribing to Sky isn't enough to see the games FFS.

I'm considering just subscribing to a HD streams site, or the foreign satellite route

If you find a descent subscription site please PM me as I have been looking for a while..

BT Sports/ESPN is a right pisser. Even subscribing to Sky isn't enough to see the games FFS.

I'm considering just subscribing to a HD streams site, or the foreign satellite route

If you find a descent subscription site please PM me as I have been looking for a while..

Me too.

Guest pintofscottsellers

4pm kick off for the derby? Intredasting

Bet that gets changed

Surely that will be getting changed to midday, I'll be pissed to fuck by kick off if not.

It was meant to be good for the consumer to break the competition, but it just makes it more expensive, as it's different bloody games on both so why the hell would it make one company drop prices!

First game being moved to Monday sucks.

Yep. Pretty much everyone on here called it as well. Dreading that game. Cannot see anything other than a public battering. I just hope we recover quickly from it.

Guest neesy111

if you don't have sky or BT, then you're fucked.

Virgin have both.

Guest neesy111

Doesn't matter what time they kick off the mackem game.  Pubs will just open up as usual instead of early.

it will be interesting. it doesnt tend to kick off when we are away to them so it would probably be alright. It will make a difference though being taken over there at about 2 rather than being at the central for about half 10

it will be interesting. it doesnt tend to kick off when we are away to them so it would probably be alright. It will make a difference though being taken over there at about 2 rather than being at the central for about half 10

If the games later people drink more before, earlier and people drink more after. It's a no winner