Sunderland

Nobody

I remember it vaguely. There were lots of terrible away performances in the Championship season like :lol: Remember us absolutely mugging Swansea to a 1-1 draw.

:lol: Didn't deserve anything from that game.

Leicester away was crap. Fairly certain I ended up on one of the quiz machines before full-time, I was that bored. I do remember Paddy van Aanholt's shot, though.

We made a lot of bang average players look good during the Championship season, Fitz Hall and Marlon Harewood being the stand out names. I reckon I could've slotted into our Championship team and not been a complete liability with 10 Premier League quality players around me.

That said I always quite liked van Aanholt, even if he didn't really have any outstanding attributes. He was tidy on the ball and had a good engine, but he wasn't keen on getting up the line and overlapping like Enrique did.

Guest Nixon

Barnsley was absolutely fantastic. Open air toilets, that was just a brick wall with guttering at the floor.

"What do you do if you need a shite?" one bloke bellowed.

"Put it in ya pocket til we get home." someone shouted back.

:lol:

Remains one of my biggest regrets that I didn't get to more matches in the Championship, or rather the fact I didn't make any of the away ones. Was so disinterested at the time.

It picked up markedly after Christmas when it became clear we were going to piss the league.

The 5-1 against Cardiff was fantastic, largely due to the fact it was a Friday night kick off and everyone was pissed.

He's been a regular for a decent Dutch side and got a couple of international caps. He's surely significantly better than he was as an 19 year old for us. Reckon he's probably better than Alonso tbh based on nowt whatsoever.

Their defence looks like it could be :

Jones  Brown  O'Shea  Van Aanholt

I'd be shitting my pants at that.

And they'll still keep at least one clean sheet against us while twatting three in at the other end.

Guest bimpy474

Their defence looks like it could be :

Jones  Brown  O'Shea  Van Aanholt

I'd be shitting my pants at that.

And they'll still keep at least one clean sheet against us while twatting three in at the other end.

:lol: the inevitability of it is ingrained in our minds now, Pardew sure is good at something.

Barnsley was absolutely fantastic. Open air toilets, that was just a brick wall with guttering at the floor.

"What do you do if you need a s****?" one bloke bellowed.

"Put it in ya pocket til we get home." someone shouted back.

:lol: I remember the Gallowgate being like that, it was pretty grim

:lol: Remember going to Burnden Park for the 76 replay and there was just one big open air wall-enclosed Olympic-sized pool of piss at our end which you had to stand at the entrance of and add to. Being a bairn I just thought "oh, this is how they treat away fans". Sadly I was right. Those were the days, eh? It's difficult to believe the Reebok is an improvement on anything, but there you go. Guttering, drainage? Luxury.