Sunderland

Nobody

They've raised over 6 grand now. Incredible and humbling and i'm not ashamed to say reading that thread on RTG brought a tear to my eye. Goes to show that some things in life are far more important than footballing rivallry. 99% of the lads and lasses who support NUFC and SAFC are thoroughly decent people who share a love for football and their club. Of course we knew this anyway.

I remember some of the fantastic gestures that came from them after Sir Bobby Robson died but they've excelled themselves this time as this was just 2 ordinary NUFC fans travelling to watch their team play.

All that's left to say is well done to all the Sunderland fans, a credit to your club and to football. I'm sure we would do exactly the same if it were 2 of their supporters but I pray that theory is never put to test.

Would it be worth creating a new thread where we can post our thanks in it post on RTG?  A lot of us have no accounts there and it would be nice they just know we said thank you.

Guest bimpy474

I know this was started to raise money for flowers, are they planning to donate it to the families now as there's been such a brilliant response ?

Guest bimpy474

I know this was started to raise money for flowers, are they planning to donate it to the families now as there's been such a brilliant response ?

bobby robson foundation i think

Ah right, nice enough but just imo i think it would nicer to go to families.

Should make Masterplan hand over the cheque whatever is chosen, he'd loved to do it :lol:

bobby robson foundation i think

Ah right, nice enough but just imo i think it would nicer to go to families.

Should make Masterplan hand over the cheque whatever is chosen, he'd loved to do it :lol:

He could just wire it.

Seriously though, such a class gesture. Well done to all involved :thup:

Quite moved by the help from SAFC fans. Well done to all who have contributed/offered condolence. We each want our clubs to do better than the other, but this has shown that we are all just people and football fans at the end of the day.

I suppose it's a bit like Christmas day in the trenches but the war doesn't have to be as bloody in future.

Quite moved by the help from SAFC fans. Well done to all who have contributed/offered condolence. We each want our clubs to do better than the other, but this has shown that we are all just people and football fans at the end of the day.

I suppose it's a bit like Christmas day in the trenches but the war doesn't have to be as bloody in future.

Nice sentiment but sod that let battle commence when season starts  ;D

Nice sentiment but sod that let battle commence when season starts  ;D

You forget Pardew, he's the managerial equivalent of sending our boys into machine gun fire armed with a stick.

Guest antz1uk

anyone know how i can post on RTG? i've just joined but it is saying i have insufficient privileges to reply in the thread

I've posted a couple of comments on RTG expressing sincere thanks. I think a number of our fans had already donated to their fund before the flags and funeral fund. It's a fantastic gesture and a charity will benefit which is great. I donated to the flags and funeral fund - losing a loved one is traumatic, having to then pay for the funeral can be overwhelming if there is no insurance in force. I don't know the circumstances of the 2 lads families but raising money to take care of all costs with any excess going to charity/ plaques etc may be the way to go. I'm not sure what if anything the authorities / airline can do in this respect.

Those poor lads are still waiting to be recovered from wherever they lay; it's horrific.