Sunderland

Nobody

Guest antz1uk

Sunderland are the sixth team to fail to win any of their opening 7 Premier League games. Only two of the previous five survived the drop.

do you have those teams?

Watched their game today. Their performance was one of relegation fodder. They started well, had a go - to use that often-used patronising phrase - and profited from Vidic's gift. They however just invited Man Utd on and the latter's confidence grew and grew. It was inevitable they'd score and just as inevitable they'd go on and win.

Sunderland's main tactic was hoofing it towards Altidore and hoping he could do something. He held it up relatively well when given the chance but the service, generally, shocking. The support, minimal. The quality? Non-existent.

They're in massive trouble.

That is exactly what I thought. Started with all the bluster of serious underdogs but there was never any real threat of them ever winning, Imo.

Sure we went 6 games without a win in 03-04 and still finished 5th too.

Fairly sure we won our fourth or fifth league game straight after spanking Breda 5-0 in the Waffa. 3-2 away to Fulham maybe?

Guest antz1uk

that says spurs were on 2?

Yeah no win in their first 7.

ah got ya, thought it was on about having 1 point after 7.

If they are still on just a few points by christmas I think they will be gone tbh.

i hope they take their own record back off derby!! be fabulous to see them regain it

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/09/27/one-point-from-five-games-sunderland-have-64-chance-of-being-relegated-270901/

Sunderland’s own predecessors of 2005-06 are bad role models for the present side.  They had no points from their first five games and although they gained five points from the next three games only had a total of 15 from all 38 games which is now the second lowest total of the era, the lowest being achieved two seasons later by Derby with 11 points.

Sure we went 6 games without a win in 03-04 and still finished 5th too.

Fairly sure we won our fourth or fifth league game straight after spanking Breda 5-0 in the Waffa. 3-2 away to Fulham maybe?

Just looked, Southampton was the first win, matchday 7. We drew 3 & lost 3 up to there.

We've got ten times as many points as them :lol:

I wonder if anyone still believes appointing PDC was the right move.

My 'Mackem at work' does. She and her sister absolutely idolise the c*nt, and refuses to blame the players, who she thinks are nothing less than traitorous for what happened to benito.

Is as if he brainwashed them into believing a destructive manifesto despite it having nothing but negative results for the local population. Just like the real fascists in fact....

In all fairness it's only 7 games, and they have had a tough start in terms of fixtures.. liverpool, arsenal and manchester united.

Not saying it's not funny that they are bottom of the league though :snod:

In all fairness it's only 7 games, and they have had a tough start in terms of fixtures.. liverpool, arsenal and manchester united.

Not saying it's not funny that they are bottom of the league though :snod:

They've also had WBA, Fulham & Crystal Palace and not looked like getting a point even.