Sunderland

Nobody

Bad career move for Poyet. He'll probably get a result in the derby against our inept manager, but long term I don't think he'll be happy at a shithole like Sunderland. The pisshead EDL nature of the place doesn't really suit a big ego foreign manager. Joe Kinnear would have been a much better fit.

Got to wonder how much his record against us factors into the appointment :lol:

Aye, I'm guessing their managers job application form was a bit like this...

1. Have you ever scored against Newcastle?

2. Have you ever managed a team to a win against Newcastle?

3. If you answered 'yes' to either/both of the above, when can you start?

:lol:

Bad career move for Poyet. He'll probably get a result in the derby against our inept manager, but long term I don't think he'll be happy at a shithole like Sunderland. The pisshead EDL nature of the place doesn't really suit a big ego foreign manager. Joe Kinnear would have been a much better fit.

I would agree that he will probably not be happy at Sunderland for long.  Apparently in his previous jobs, he has always spoken of how ambitious he is and keeping an eye out for the next career move which has alienated supporters.  If he does well, he will move on as soon as he can.

They'll beat us, but I'm not convinced they'll beat anyone else.

Good Championship manager to have mind.

I was incandescent after the 0-3 so I really hope we do not lose to that lot. So depressing but unfortunately a realistic scenario.

Massive gamble to bring in somebody without Premiership experience in their current predicament. Can see it backfiring masively..

It's not really that much of a gamble. So he's got no premiership experience, but he has shown that he can organise a side. I can think of a few managers with premiership experience who struggle with that. I agree though that he's not likely to work out long term, wrong man for the wrong club.

Massive gamble to bring in somebody without Premiership experience in their current predicament. Can see it backfiring masively..

It's not really that much of a gamble. So he's got no premiership experience, but he has shown that he can organise a side. I can think of a few managers with premiership experience who struggle with that. I agree though that he's not likely to work out long term, wrong man for the wrong club.

Not only does he have no experience at the highest level as a manager, he has also never been in a relegation fight with a poor squad of players bereft of confidence. He's been reasonably succesfull in the lower leagues and he could be a real find, but to me it sounds like a mighty gamble considering he needs to hit the ground running. If he doesn't get anything out of his first few fixtures (mainly at home against us), they could be in real trouble without a new manager bounce effect to save their sorry arses to look forward to. I don't see how you could see it as anything but a huge gamble on their part.