Sunderland

Nobody

Haven't seen Hull's tackle, but the Cattermole one is a clearly a red, don't know how that's even debatable. The fact that Dossena three minutes later intentionally tries to injure an opponent and that that incident is far worse doesn't excuse Cattermole''s tackle.

I don't think he does, to be honest. It was reckless and extremely dangerous, but I do think he was trying to win the ball. The replays showed that his eyes never left the ball. That's not to say it wasn't an horrific challenge, or that he didn't deserve to be sent off.

Why would you try to win the ball like that? He just pushes his foot towards the ground/player, it doesn't look like an attempt to win the ball at all to me.

Guest icemanblue

Haven't seen Hull's tackle, but the Cattermole one is a clearly a red, don't know how that's even debatable. The fact that Dossena three minutes later intentionally tries to injure an opponent and that that incident is far worse doesn't excuse Cattermole''s tackle.

I don't think he does, to be honest. It was reckless and extremely dangerous, but I do think he was trying to win the ball. The replays showed that his eyes never left the ball. That's not to say it wasn't an horrific challenge, or that he didn't deserve to be sent off.

Why would you try to win the ball like that? He just pushes his foot towards the ground/player, it doesn't look like an attempt to win the ball at all to me.

Like I said, it was a dangerous attempt to win the ball. He is trying to trap it, though.

It often happens after a bad pass or mis-control which loses possession. Cattermole had just played a shocker and in his desire to rectify it totally loses control of the situation. Idiotic behaviour and deserved red which probably ended any chance they had of getting something from the game.

Gus defended it. Ahemm.

Guest firetotheworks

As much as I dislike the talentless brute, when I saw it I didn't think it was worthy of a red. Even by current interpretations I thought it would have been a yellow.

It's a cliche, but would that have been a red card for any player playing for one of the top teams? I seriously, seriously doubt it and it's not like those tackles don't happen either.

Don't understand the debate about Cattermole's red card, hes well off the floor, completely out of control, miles away from the ball, red card all day every day, even he knew it.

The only mistake re: red cards in that game was Hull should of been down to 10 men.

:thup:

Good quote from Ricky...

A creature spawned from the mouldy neither regions of a mag wife, herself a willing submissive to the crusty loins of magdor.

This creature, uncouth of appearance and corpulent of belly, exists in a world of eternal hatred.

He defines himself in opposition to the ideological crusade of mackemdom; an enlightened force through this nations history.

Good quote from Ricky...

A creature spawned from the mouldy neither regions of a mag wife, herself a willing submissive to the crusty loins of magdor.

This creature, uncouth of appearance and corpulent of belly, exists in a world of eternal hatred.

He defines himself in opposition to the ideological crusade of mackemdom; an enlightened force through this nations history.

What a cock

Good quote from Ricky...

What a cock

Nah, ..... Love Sir Ricky :)

A total Piss Take