Sunderland

Nobody

It's going to take some effort to recover from only having 10 points at Christmas - think they might be done this time.

They are only 4 points away though, a lot of crap this year at the bottom, think that'll probably save them unfortunately

It's going to take some effort to recover from only having 10 points at Christmas - think they might be done this time.

They are only 4 points away though, a lot of crap this year at the bottom, think that'll probably save them unfortunately

They may only be 4 points off but they will still need to win the two games to get them out of the relegation zone and then some to keep pace with other teams form. Their last two must win games against teams around them have been draws, you can look at it as 2 points picked up but I honestly think it's 4 points dropped for them.

If it wasn't for teams around them playing teams at the top then they could easily have been 7 points adrift today, and thats taking into account their draw with Norwich. Norwich and West Ham are teams they need to be beating not drawing. Fair enough you could say a draw away from home to West Ham is reasonable, but they really need to be beating the likes of Norwich at home. You also have to factor in that at the time West Ham have key players out injured, these players will be coming back as the season goes on and when they do I think West Ham will pull away from the relegation zone. You need to capitalise when you play teams around you and they don't have a full squad to send out against you.

There has only been one team in Premier League history who have been in a similar situation to Sunderland at this stage and survived, but doing so required them to drastically turn around their results and a below than average points total to stay up. The likely hood of Sunderland or any team repeating it is very very slim.

LOL at this thread, just pure hate, they are so small time, and were apparently (in usual mackem rewriting history way) so far ahead of us when we had Peter Lovelyhands up front and they had the might of Gyan :) hehe

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mags.850991/

Do you lot still all want Ashley out? The protests all seem to have gone a bit quiet. Pardew the messiah again?

Fickle, pathetic c_unts.

Fucking Newcastle fans, they take issue with the board and manager when they're fucking stuff up and then they turn around and support them when they do well!  Stupid Mag bastards.

LOL at this thread, just pure hate, they are so small time, and were apparently (in usual mackem rewriting history way) so far ahead of us when we had Peter Lovelyhands up front and they had the might of Gyan :) hehe

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mags.850991/

Aye, forgetting we had Lovenkrands and they had Gyan and we beat them 5-1.

Actually reading further through i, it sounds like the lad who made the comment was one of us on the wind up. One of their "true" fans does mention the word class though :)

Depressing score for them, scraping a 0-0 at home to Norwich. The table doesn't look too bad for them tbh and their fixture list looks decent after New Year but they're an awful team.

Hopefully the first weekend in February will be their spiritual relegation because time really is running out. GET IN :celb:

Doubt many teams in the past have had as many difficult home games as Sunderland so far though, that's where shite like this usually pick up the vast majority of their points.

Fulham (lost), Arsenal (lost), Liverpool (lost), Man Utd (lost), NUFC (won), Man City (won), Chelsea (lost), Spurs (lost), Norwich (drew).

That's 7 out of 9 of their home games (if you include us) that have been incredibly tough on the face of it, I'm not saying that guarantees anything but they have 10 home games against less threatening opposition now to save their season, so it's not as cut-and-dry as comparing to previous seasons.  They need to turn it around soon though, as I say.  If they're not picking up wins by mid/late January you'd probably say they were fucked.

Doubt many teams in the past have had as many difficult home games as Sunderland so far though, that's where shite like this usually pick up the vast majority of their points.

Fulham (lost), Arsenal (lost), Liverpool (lost), Man Utd (lost), NUFC (won), Man City (won), Chelsea (lost), Spurs (lost), Norwich (drew).

That's 7 out of 9 of their home games (if you include us) that have been incredibly tough on the face of it, I'm not saying that guarantees anything but they have 10 home games against less threatening opposition now to save their season, so it's not as cut-and-dry as comparing to previous seasons.  They need to turn it around soon though, as I say.  If they're not picking up wins by mid/late January you'd probably say they were fucked.

Come the end of the season they have those games away. Didn't Blackburn have a similar scheduale at the start of the season they went down?

What you are missing to mention is that if their home fixtures so far have been hard then their away fixtures have been easy, in that case how come they haven't won one of them?

Come the end of the season they have those games away. Didn't Blackburn have a similar scheduale at the start of the season they went down?

What you are missing to mention is that if their home fixtures so far have been hard then their away fixtures have been easy, in that case how come they haven't won one of them?

This game today was the second of thier winning run and the second draw. they need to be beating teams in/around them. Big big ask for them to turn this around.

Doubt many teams in the past have had as many difficult home games as Sunderland so far though, that's where s**** like this usually pick up the vast majority of their points.

That's 7 out of 9 of their home games (if you include us) that have been incredibly tough on the face of it, I'm not saying that guarantees anything but they have 10 home games against less threatening opposition now to save their season, so it's not as cut-and-dry as comparing to previous seasons.  They need to turn it around soon though, as I say.  If they're not picking up wins by mid/late January you'd probably say they were f***ed.

This game today was the second of thier winning run and the second draw. they need to be beating teams in/around them. Big big ask for them to turn this around.

That's it... they seem to save their better performances until they play the (bigger) teams higher up the table, which is no good to them really.

The indiscipline, and tendancy to score own goals ain't helping either, like!

Hehe.

Seriously man, comprehension skills.