Sunderland

Nobody

Guest Roger Kint

Was at work talking to a Sunderland fan about the s*** attendance and he said.

“Aye but I never seen the Newcastle fans”

Said to him why the F would we go to Man U vs Sunderland.

He reckons that loads Newcastle Supporters were going to go and support Man U….

Don’t even know where to start with griefing him.

Start by admitting he was right, there were Newcastle fans going, it was a few pages back

That's fair enough but he is saying the ground was empty because Newcastle fan did not go.

Really? Because your post doesnt say that at all :lol:

Eh? Mackem said there were NUFC fans going but he didnt see them, i pointed out it was on here a few pages back that some sad waners were doing it but not loads. Not sure where the confusion is tbh

I misread your post (as if their was a comma after "its not like").  That's why I edited my post to just generally be confused at the whole situation rather than just your post.

Guest Roger Kint

Surely that would make it worse, then, if the attendance was inflated by non-mackem or mancs?

Its not like it was thousands of them

You're confusing me ???

Eh? Mackem said there were NUFC fans going but he didnt see them, i pointed out it was on here a few pages back that some sad waners were doing it but not loads. Not sure where the confusion is tbh

I misread your post (as if there was a comma after "its not like").  That's why I edited my post to just generally be confused at the whole situation rather than just your post.

Aye i noticed that after i posted it :lol: I am more confused at how Slims conversation went as he thinks it went different to how he has posted it.

Surely that would make it worse, then, if the attendance was inflated by non-mackem or mancs?

You're confusing me ???

I misread your post (as if there was a comma after "its not like").  That's why I edited my post to just generally be confused at the whole situation rather than just your post.

Aye i noticed that after i posted it :lol: I am more confused at how Slims conversation went as he thinks it went different to how he has posted it.

Lets just leave it and say he is in he wrong :)

Guest Roger Kint

You're confusing me ???

Lets just leave it and say he is in he wrong :)

Based on what you posted its you thats wrong though :lol:

If the conversation went:

Slim: "Your attendance was shit last night"

Mackem: “Aye but I never seen the Newcastle fans”

Then I don't know what the fuck he's trying to say, as a reply it makes no sense in any way.

Guest Roger Kint

If the conversation went:

Slim: "Your attendance was shit last night"

Mackem: “Aye but I never seen the Newcastle fans”

Then I don't know what the fuck he's trying to say, as a reply it makes no sense in any way.

If was saying Aye it was and then mentions the Nufc fans who were widely expected to be there then it does make sense. Especially taking into account his next sentence that he was expecting them.

Just reading RTG before and the hypocrisy over there is staggering. Last year they were hailing the Mackem who threw the flare down onto the NUFC fans in the Leazes End as some sort of hero. A Man Utd fan does the same thing last night and not only do they want him banned from every football ground in the country but also arrested and jailed.

What a mixed up bunch they are.

For any lurking Boat Burners-and there'll be plenty-aye, we had 52,000 empty seats tonight because we don't do cups  :embarrassed: ...but...25,000 home fans for a semi-final??

No excuses, like-that is f.ucking sh!te.

To be honest I don't really understand why people get the hump over attendances.

I was there. I enjoyed myself and wouldn't mind if I was the only one in the ground.

This.

I don't personally understand why many sunderland fans didn't want to/choose to go last night, but don't see the need to use it as some sort of judgement on their moral fibre. As mentioned by others, it's the sort of s**** you see all the time on RTG which culminates in people being so obsessed with it they do things like making up their rival's attendances in order to prove some non-existent point. This is not healthy and certainly not something for us to aspire to imo!!!

fwiw, seems to me that the stayaways have missed out on what always promised to be a very good night for their club for the sake of saving £20/a day's holiday in some cases. don't understand it, but their choice I suppose.

Guest Roger Kint

I am sure that every bar in sunderland was empty last night during the game and no fans were drinking watching it on the Tv's.........

Its a Semi Final ffs, its not Rochdale in the 2nd round :lol;

Its nothing to do with their moral fibre (that's questionable regardless of attendance).

Seriously, as you say the Mackems talk shit about attendance all the time.  So what's the problem with having at go at them for only taking 25k to a home leg of a cup semi final?, its an absolutely atrocious attendance.

Just shows how many tickets they must give away for league games when they are averaging 40k home fans there yet for cup games when free tickets can't be issued in the same way they had 17,000 home fans v Chelsea for a quarter final and 25k home fans v Man Utd for a semi final. Cut out all the freebies for league games and that is their true level of support week in week out.

Fair play to them for having one foot in a cup final though.

Guest Roger Kint

Just shows how many tickets they must give away for league games when they are averaging 40k home fans there yet for cup games when free tickets can't be issued in the same way they had 17,000 home fans v Chelsea for a quarter final and 25k home fans v Man Utd for a semi final. Cut out all the freebies for league games and that is their true level of support week in week out.

Fair play to them for having one foot in a cup final though.

Be thousands crying that they couldnt get Final tickets as well i bet :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Rupert Fryer ‏@Rupert_Fryer 6m

Looks like former Newell's defender Santiago Vergini is heading to Sunderland. He was excellent under Martino, good on ball, 25yo.

Tim Vickery just said hes clumsy as hell and wouldnt be good in the PL.

Its nothing to do with their moral fibre (that's questionable regardless of attendance).

Seriously, as you say the Mackems talk s*** about attendance all the time.  So what's the problem with having at go at them for only taking 25k to a home leg of a cup semi final?, its an absolutely atrocious attendance.

Just think it's what they do, not us. Can't really laugh at them for getting all pompous and pious and jumped up and '1992ers marra FTM' about our attendances if we then go on the same about theirs. It is an absolutely unfathomable attendance, God knows why so many people turned their back on the best night their club has had for years. Fuck it though, their loss nowt to do with us.

In general have never understood why people take so much interest in match attendances full stop, I know I am in the minority on that one though.

Good point on the questionable moral fibre  :lol: