Sunderland

Nobody

Make it 1am on a Sunday morning for a laugh.  Astroturf pitch outside Digital.

I can't see anything wrong with this tbh.

I can, we have a pretty bad record on fake pitches.

And that it is outside one of the worst nightclubs in Newcastle  :ninja:

Free ticket mackems strike again

The wife is a Sunderland fan (suppose it's not her fault where she was born) and up until this season had a season ticket for years. She didn't renew for this season and was sent a letter today offering her a free ticket for their home match with Liverpool. I'm hopeless on computers so don't know how to take a photo and put it on here so since i'm not doing much else until the match later i'll type it out;

Dear Mrs *********

After a busy summer which has seen a raft of new faces added to the squad, Sunderland's 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season is underway. 44,000 fans turned out for our opening game against Fulham FC, which highlights just how amazing our support is. Everyone here takes great pride in this show of loyalty, there is truly no other club with fans like ours and we can assure you that such loyalty is never taken for granted.

The importance of our 'Red and White Army' can never be underestimated - seeing thousands of passionate fans out in force at every match can really give Paolo Di Canio and his players a boost as they take on teams in what is widely recognised as the best league in the world. As a former season card holder, you won't need reminding about the phenomenal atmosphere generated on a match day and we know how much Sunderland means to you.

We've seen some major changes in recent months, with 13 new players joining the Black Cats ranks and although you may not have been able to commit to a season card, your support is still hugely important to us. To thank you for your backing, we are pleased to include with this letter a voucher which can be redeemed for a ticket to our game against Liverpool FC on Sunday 29th September 2013. Please complete the voucher and either post it back to the address on the voucher or alternatively bring it, along with this letter, to the Stadium of Light ticket office during normal opening hours, where it will be exchanged for a match ticket.

We sincerely hope that this gesture will allow you to once again enjoy the Stadium of Light experience and continue your support for the club.

You may wish to also consider our new 15-game season card, which guarantees you a seat for the hotly anticipated Wear-Tyne derby and a further 14 home games, including Manchester City, Chelsea and Tottenham through to the end of the season - and saves you money too. The 15-game season card is available to purchase from September 14th and this includes every game from Newcastle United through to Swansea City on May 11th.

Alternatively, should you wish to purchase match tickets for individual games, please call 0871 911 1973, visit the ticket office or log on to www.safc.com and use our new 'print at home' ticket service.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours in sport

Gary Hutchinson

Commercial Director

Desperate times already by the looks of it and it begs the question if they do that for one of their biggest games does anyone actually pay money to go and watch these lot?

Aren't Liverpool a pretty standard 'Category A' game?

You would expect so. I know we class them as a category A match. One of the reasons she chucked it was because she said too many none season ticket holders seemed to be getting in cheaper than she was because they kept giving them special deal so she's sitting there quite smug now and I expect she'll be redeeming her voucher. She'll certainly not be paying in to watch them this season.

Walking up to level 7 last night, on just about every floor on the way up was 0-3, ftm, and in one case a cock and balls :lol: (gave me a giggle anyway) but fuck me.....shouldn't that shit be painted over? every away fan going in that flight of stairs sees graffiti...this fucking club at times baffles me.

Walking up to level 7 last night, on just about every floor on the way up was 0-3, ftm, and in one case a cock and balls

:lol:

There's an 'ASHLEY OUT' scribbled on the wall on the way up to level 7 where I sit, been there for about 4 years now.

Was talking to a macum who is pretty diehard, one of those who never concedes anything and seems to display blind faith to every manager and chairman no matter what.  Was very surprised to hear him say they are definitely going down this season, that's based on him seeing the Southampton away and MK league cup game.

Ridiculously early to be making such predictions but coming from him tells me they must be really bad.

Was talking to a macum who is pretty diehard, one of those who never concedes anything and seems to display blind faith to every manager and chairman no matter what.  Was very surprised to hear him say they are definitely going down this season, that's based on him seeing the Southampton away and MK league cup game.

Ridiculously early to be making such predictions but coming from him tells me they must be really bad.

We've looked fairly shit so far it has to be said.

That said I'm not going to judge after 3 games