Sunderland

Nobody

According to my Mackem mate who, shock horror, is actually level-headed, apparently the general story was it was a disgraceful decision not to award the 2nd Sunderland goal but the fact of the matter was Arsenal should have been way more than 1-0 up before they equalised and they were fortunate to be in the game at all. Interested to see just how bad this decision was from Atkinson. Or lack of. :lol:

Isn't the problem that he didn't play an advantage?  The ref blew for a foul (correctly) but the play continued & they scored.  Atkinson didn't really get the decision wrong (like ignoring the foul entirely or giving it the wrong way), he just didn't get it right either.

According to my Mackem mate who, shock horror, is actually level-headed, apparently the general story was it was a disgraceful decision not to award the 2nd Sunderland goal but the fact of the matter was Arsenal should have been way more than 1-0 up before they equalised and they were fortunate to be in the game at all. Interested to see just how bad this decision was from Atkinson. Or lack of. :lol:

Isn't the problem that he didn't play an advantage?  The ref blew for a foul (correctly) but the play continued & they scored.  Atkinson didn't really get the decision wrong (like ignoring the foul entirely or giving it the wrong way), he just didn't get it right either.

It was a horrible call. He blew for the foul after Altidore had the advantage. It was like he was waiting for Altidore to get the opportunity before blowing for the foul. :lol: They were unlucky with that call, but Arsenal would still have won.

Guest bimpy474

Spot on, he should have waited and there would be no argument.

"He came to me and said if you keep going with your manner I sent you up to the stand. I said to him 'if you want to complete a perfect job, you send me off.' And that is what he did. I will never invite the referee to send me off again."

:mackems:

Why's he fallen out with Cabral?

This is what he said when he dropped him vs Southampton -

“I did not play Cabral for tactical reasons, because Southampton play almost with a five across the middle and that presents its challenges.

“Southampton’s full-backs push on to the midfield three and so you have to find a way to cope with that with your own midfield.

“Cabral is a not a naturally aggressive guy and I needed someone in the middle like Craig (Gardner) who would do that job for us.

“The situation is that I have two wingers who are working incredibly hard offering us options, but they are not aggressive players and I also have Seb Larsson, who is working hard but is not that sort of ‘nasty’ player you need.

“When Southampton get five in midfield, they keep the ball very well and that’s why you need someone like Craig to disrupt them and produce the sort of natural aggression he did.”

Maybe he thought he needed more aggression again :dontknow:

Bit of a worry when you don't consider your defensive midfielder/centre back aggressive enough :lol:

So the ref blew the whistle and then Altidore scored, can only see a problem if he hasn't blown till the ball was in the net. If he's blown before its bad advantage from the ref but tough luck really.