Arouna Koné

Ishmael

Though I would have welcomed him as a decent signing to add to the squad, the fact that we tried to hijack Everton's deal at all is pretty worrying with regards to our supposed crack scouting team and our supposedly amazingly planned out transfer targets. Reeks of desperation.

Totally agree - as I've said in another thread it felt like Ruiz all over again.  It's like our transfer list of strikers was one name long.

Doesn't matter how late we were, if you aren't a Newcastle fan then only an idiot would turn down Everton for this club right now.

I don't agree with this at all. We're pretty much equally attractive unless a player is really interested who the DOF is.

We got some quality players in recently and JFK is the only real question mark over whether we'll continue to do so.

To a neutral/causal fan, we almost got relegated and haven't improved the squad. That's on top of the miles of very negative column inches in May and June.

Aye but just before that we were 5th and in Europe. We haven't improved the squad, but it's only the 8th of July.

I know what you're saying, I just think we're being far too negative about how much our stock has fallen. We have a squad full of players that many people would kill to play with.

Doesn't matter how late we were, if you aren't a Newcastle fan then only an idiot would turn down Everton for this club right now.

I don't agree with this at all. We're pretty much equally attractive unless a player is really interested who the DOF is.

We got some quality players in recently and JFK is the only real question mark over whether we'll continue to do so.

We as fans see nothing but negativity right now, and from what I have read/heard so far from outsiders, they see exactly the same. Jamie Carragher has tipped us to be right in the thick of it today because of the mess. I met football fans at Glastonbury and they were laughing their heads off about JFK asking what the fucks going on. We're not an attractive option to a player when the likes of Everton come in right now.

We as fans see nothing but negativity right now, and from what I have read/heard so far from outsiders, they see exactly the same. Jamie Carragher has tipped us to be right in the thick of it today because of the mess. I met football fans at Glastonbury and they were laughing their heads off about JFK asking what the fucks going on. We're not an attractive option to a player when the likes of Everton come in right now.

Everyone is rightly laughing at us about JFK, that's fair enough. I just don't think players will be as bothered, especially considering the other very positive aspects of the club (teammates, ground, fans etc).

Surprised to hear Carragher tip us for a relegation battle, would have thought a neutral would put down last season as exceptionally bad.

Everyone is rightly laughing at us about JFK, that's fair enough. I just don't think players will be as bothered, especially considering the other very positive aspects of the club (teammates, ground, fans etc).

Surprised to here Carragher tip us for a relegation battle, would have thought a neutral would put down last season as exceptionally bad.

Aye, his reason is because of the mess with the JFK situation, not the ability of our players. I feel the same right now, only some new players can lift the place.

Not sure they need him, especially for that price. Moyes wouldn't have done this!!

Well I wouldn't say we desperately need Arouna Kone, bringing a lively, mobile striker in who has the capacity to give defenders a very long day isn't a bad move by any means. Interesting to see where Martinez actually plays him and where Jelavic fits in. Gives us another option up front which it's safe to say we definitely could have done with.

Undecided. If he stays fit I reckon he'd get us 15+ goals but I don't think we've got ourselves a consistent player. Good and frustrating in equal measure. We'll see.

15+ goals is pretty consistent. :lol:

From what I saw of him at Wigan, on certain days he terrorised defenders, other days he looked disinterested at best. Can definitely see him being frustrating in that aspect.