The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Still think Atletico are desperate for a creative midfield option. They could do worse than getting Diego back, or even Mata if his situation continues.

Considering how they play wouldn't it be a bit counter productive? Mata wouldn't be able to put in the work Simeone wants from his players either.

I think eventually Oliver Torres will force his way in anyway.

Guest VanBarduck

Also, am I the only one who thinks bale and ronaldo partnership won't work ?

Sure, they could both score hat-tricks against Getafe or Osasuna, but when they'll face a well organized CL team...

Still think Atletico are desperate for a creative midfield option. They could do worse than getting Diego back, or even Mata if his situation continues.

Considering how they play wouldn't it be a bit counter productive? Mata wouldn't be able to put in the work Simeone wants from his players either.

It'd be an option for certain games.

Still struggle for goals often at home/away to the lesser sides where so much intensity isn't needed. Get your point though.

All flash little substance yet, he's still young. Koke's actually allright, very underrated player. But they lack backups.

So already we've seen:

Villa beat Arsenal at the Emirates.

Cardiff beat Man City (okay, at home).

Southampton beat Liverpool at Anfield.

West Brom beat Man Utd at Old Trafford.

Wonder how we'll get on against the teams we can't compete with this season. Be nice to improve on the 2 home wins we recorded last season.

Villa also beat Man City today too. :lol:

Villa are shocking at home, I've heard.

Beyond shocking. 9 losses in the last 13 before today.

All flash little substance yet, he's still young. Koke's actually allright, very underrated player. But they lack backups.

Do agree ( why i said eventually ;) ) and i really like Koke, thought that curler that hit the bar was going in.

Also agree on depth, they do it lack it but they do lack the finance to really do a lot about it due to all that mismanagement over the years.

They will probably falter at some point, one thing i will say though i wouldn't want to play them in the CL they are a very dangerous cup team as last couple of years has shown.

I have to say, when you consider that so far this season, we've played Arsenal, Chelsea and Norwich away, and Liverpool, Newcastle and Man City at home, nine points is a pretty decent return. Especially when you factor in that we could quite easily have won at Chelsea.

Those are some difficult fixtures there.

If only we could conjure up some consistent form at home.

I have to say, when you consider that so far this season, we've played Arsenal, Chelsea and Norwich away, and Liverpool, Newcastle and Man City at home, nine points is a pretty decent return. Especially when you factor in that we could quite easily have won at Chelsea.

Is it not going to be that thing, a bit like Saints, you'll better against the teams that come out and have go along with the dross than those who play for 0-0 / 0-1 (us aside)

I really want them to do it but i still can't see Arsenal winning the league.

Reminds me of the season they last went close in 07-08, started well but lack of depth told in the end.... lack of decent cover at the back and at upfront will hurt them in the end i feel.

Is it not going to be that thing, a bit like Saints, you'll better against the teams that come out and have go along with the dross than those who play for 0-0 / 0-1 (us aside)

That's exactly it.

I couldn't the same be argued with us though? much rather play in open space and teams come at us and struggle to break down teams who sit deep and narrow.

At least when everyones fit of course.... all of it goes out the window if Remy or/and Hatem are injured.

Reminds me of the season they last went close in 07-08, started well but lack of depth told in the end.... lack of decent cover at the back and at upfront will hurt them in the end i feel.

Something just tells me it is their year.

Martin Jol surely has to be the next manager to get the chop.

I couldn't the same be argued with us though? much rather play in open space and teams come at us and struggle to break down teams who sit deep and narrow.

At least when everyones fit of course.... all of it goes out the window if Remy or/and Hatem are injured.

I agree, problem for us being that we rarely go after those teams who allow us said space.

I think we'll improve this season at it though (based on nowt)

Fuck them.

Hope Rafa brings them back down to earth on tuesday.....the wankfest is unbearable already.

"To win the Champions League, you need five or six world-class players."

"Look at Bayern Munich, they have it. Look at Barcelona, who had it in the past and Real Madrid, who have maybe got it now. That's the level you have to be at to win it. We've not got that yet but what we have got is experience."

That'll go down like a lead balloon in Manchester.