The other games today - 2013/14

JH

This Spurs side has been remarkably dull this season

Away to Everton in a battle for second place (kind of). 60% possession. Seven shots to 0.

Bit harsh.

You have scored two goals just twice this season. Looking at your squad it is pretty dull.

Away to Everton in a battle for second place (kind of). 60% possession. Seven shots to 0.

Bit harsh.

You have scored two goals just twice this season. Looking at your squad it is pretty dull.

True, but I just thought starting that convo when we're pissing all over Everton was a bit harsh.

Still gonna lose this - this is how we roll. Just score, you silly bastards.

Bit harsh.

To be fair its mostly due to the teams ye are playing playing defensively and ye finding it difficult to break then down

Bit harsh.

To be fair its mostly due to the teams ye are playing playing defensively and ye finding it difficult to break then down

At the same time the way Spurs play it forces teams to sit back..... if they played with more pace at a higher tempo with also a bit more directness in their play they would score more but AVB is trying the death by football approach.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Townsend is making himself hard to drop tbh. Lamela might have to impress in the Europa league first.

I'd drop Lennon though.

Fair one - I've only ever seen him on the right but obviously he should do alright on either wing.

Bit harsh.

At the same time the way Spurs play it forces teams to sit back..... if they played with more pace at a higher tempo with also a bit more directness in their play they would score more but AVB is trying the death by football approach.

This. I'm just hoping as the players spend more time in the system they will find more penetration. Plus, losing Rose fucks it up a bit.

Dropping Lennon is a difficult one.... on one hand he's not that good but on the other hand the main reason Soldado is struggling from open play is because of the lack of width in Spurs play even Townsend likes to come inside and shoot.

At Valencia a lot his goals came from crosses and that's not happening here.

Credit to Spurs, they're clearly showing their quality in this game in a organisation sense. I can't get over how poor we were there though. Backing off, misplaced passes, flat out surrendering possession in our last third. Worryingly bad, and the fact it's 0-0 is the only positive to take. I'd be fuming if I was a Spurs fan.