The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Fair play to AVB for sticking to his principles and tatctics but it's clearly not working at the moment. I don't even think he has even  beaten a top 10 team this season

What principles? To play ridiculously boring football and rely on one great player to win you games

This is the reason why I was so pissed off at the lack of investment in the summer. Not that we'd be in for the title or top four or owt, but Ferguson going was always likely to be the biggest single event in the history of the Premier League. It was always going to signal a sea change and open the league up. Suddenly loads of teams look like they could do something, and the sheer domination of the usual clubs is in serious doubt for the first time in the last 10 years.

And we did virtually nothing to try and capitalise on this. Infuriating.

Aye, same.  If there was ever a season that things were going to change, this was it and we did fuck all.  I've spent six months moaning to people at work in this exact vein now :lol:

This is the reason why I was so pissed off at the lack of investment in the summer. Not that we'd be in for the title or top four or owt, but Ferguson going was always likely to be the biggest single event in the history of the Premier League. It was always going to signal a sea change and open the league up. Suddenly loads of teams look like they could do something, and the sheer domination of the usual clubs is in serious doubt for the first time in the last 10 years.

Yep. The summer was absolute carnage really; top three teams all changing their manager and, obviously, Sir Alex leaving. This season was always going to be very different.

Guest neesy111

Did it surprise you though?

Nope.

Agree - imagine what we'd have been capable of this year if we'd bought a tricky winger, a massive centre forward and a defender.

Guest neesy111

Nope.

That's the thing under the current regime, not single amount of hope.  You can almost predict what they think in terms of transfer policy.