The other games today - 2013/14

JH

We have to be careful not to qualify for the Europa League. That could really take its toll next season.

Surely for a club like yourselves it doesn't make as much difference.  You could play a reserve team in that competition and still make the latter stages.

We have to be careful not to qualify for the Europa League. That could really take its toll next season.

Surely for a club like yourselves it doesn't make as much difference.  You could play a reserve team in that competition and still make the latter stages.

I was taking the piss anyway. We don't even deserve to finish in sixth place at the minute. The only time we've played any decent attacking football at home is when we've went behind. Really piss poor performances at Old Trafford this season.

Yeah, the reason why some English clubs have struggled in it is because of lack of depth in the squad. If you have a look at clubs like Spurs, Liverpool, and even us in 2000's it never really affected our league positions because we had the squads to cope with it.

Last time they were in it they were absolutely embarrassed and got a lesson in football.

Guest bimpy474

Last time they were in it they were absolutely embarrassed and got a lesson in football.

Bilbao  :snod:

Chelsea really impressed me today, especially when Willian and Oscar came on.

Mourinho will get a load of abuse for the Mata situation but i'm afraid the truth is he's probably right ( again)

Hazard is probably their best player and been outstanding recently, if he keeps this up he will be on the cusp of the elite attacking mids in Europe.

A lot of people are not high on Oscar but i am..... his off the ball intelligence and appreciation of space and when and where to pass is unmatched by most.... he's a good goalscorer and while he may not possess the vision of Mata he doesn't really need it.

As for Willian some would have seen what he was capable of for Shakhtar and he's starting to show that in the PL.

Its a more dangerous attacking trio and better balanced than Mata, Hazard and Oscar ever was.

If they keep impressing then Chelsea are starting to become a frightening prospect.... despite the fact they have issues in the midfield and upfront.... they seem okish at the back.

That trio will carry them, if recent performances are any indication.

I have said all season that i feel they have too many issues and lack quality compared to Arsenal and City to win the league but if these performances start to happen consistently then it wouldn't be that surprising if they are lifting the trophy again.

Match of the Day ‏@BBCMOTD 5m

Don't forget, the first #MOTD of 2014 is on at 22:50 GMT. Join @GaryLineker, @DietmarHamann & @Robbie9Fowler for all the action on @BBCOne

Finally, a Match of the Day with no Liverpool bias

Match of the Day ‏@BBCMOTD 5m

Don't forget, the first #MOTD of 2014 is on at 22:50 GMT. Join @GaryLineker, @DietmarHamann & @Robbie9Fowler for all the action on @BBCOne

Finally, a Match of the Day with no Liverpool bias

:lol: It's beyond a joke, it really is.